Last update of 2020: Wayfarer 3.3

NianticCasey-INGNianticCasey-ING Posts: 538 admin
edited February 2021 in Release Notes

Hi folks,

Well, we made it to the final release of 2020: this is Wayfarer 3.3. Thanks for sticking by us and for offering up your feedback and highlighting impactful bugs over the course of the last few weeks.

Here’s what’s new:

• Updates to Showcase: We’ve spruced up the Showcase a bit to better illustrate what makes a Wayspot great, so that you can learn by example. We’re now specifying which eligibility criteria it best fits under, the category and displaying more text from the description. Click or tap on the eligibility criteria info icon to view the actual criteria description. 

We’re also excited to celebrate your contributions by displaying your codename in the Showcase, from the game in which you’ve submitted the nomination. You may choose to opt out of codename accreditation at any time, using the toggle in your Settings page (this currently applies to Wayfarer and Pokémon GO).

We have a few more tweaks to the showcase in January, so stay tuned! 

• Quiz Updates: As you’ve already noticed, we’ve consolidated and refreshed our Wayspot criteria in a more streamlined and accessible way. We’re now pushing updates to the training experience and quiz with updated videos and quiz questions that align with the revised criteria. If you’ve already taken and passed the quiz, you won’t have to take it again. This update will only impact new Wayfarers, but we thought you should know anyway.
  • Update to Rejection Reasons: We’ve removed “Generic” as a rejection reason to reflect the new Criteria. 
  • Revised category list: We also refreshed and revised the list of categories under the “What is it?” to include many more types of restaurants, businesses, and missing categories like ‘basketball court’. 
  • Bug fixes: Fixed the issue with the French criteria page links; overflowing ratings bar in Russian on mobile (thank you for reporting)

While Wayfarer 3.3 is our last release of 2020, there’s still more to come this winter in 2021:

• More tweaks to the Showcase to help learn by example
  • Boosting reviews in dry voting areas
  • 2021 spring-summer roadmap

Happy Holidays, Explorers!

Post edited by NianticCasey-ING on

Comments

• SayAm3n-PGOSayAm3n-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited December 2020

Beautiful update with small but critical changes ✓

Wish you could raise awareness and share more about the change with Generic Businesses! Because many people don't read these changes and don't follow you on forum... so local shops with historical value or social impact will be rejected again...

And yes, players should be able to choose codename in Showcase (between PoGo & Ingress).

Last but not least, would be nice to share some teasers about the reworked review page (like Screenshots etc) - can't wait. Good job for updating Wayfarer, keep it up!

[⚠️Unsolved: https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/5115/ingress-lvl2-deleted-wayfarer-statistics-gone#latest]

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

PTC is not an OAuth provider. Until The Pokemon Company decides to change PTC to be an OAuth provider, there is nothing Niantic can do.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,535 Ambassador

Yes there is. It can be added as part of the nomination process, which I currently do not see it in, or access to nomination management may be added by other means.

• xAltDarkx-PGOxAltDarkx-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭
    when will it be implemented? What will happen to the nominations that have already come out?

• MatiC37-PGOMatiC37-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

Where can I see all categories?

• Engrish-INGEngrish-ING Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

Please make it so we can remove upgrade nexts from nominations. I still have not been able to use an upgrade in over a year due to an upgrade next being used on a remote submission and it can't get removed even after trying sending a report to support.

• Elysion9710-PGOElysion9710-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

I mean why don't you just continue reviewing in order to earn more upgrades in the future. "Upgrade Next"s are only for when you're certain you wanna upgrade them once you get to 100%. I don't see how the system works right now being an actual problem since you'll be doing a ton of reviews later anyway.

• PORT2014-INGPORT2014-ING Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

Like the new categories. thanks. Easy to use

• Engrish-INGEngrish-ING Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

I have been maxed on upgrades for over 7 months. I also do keep reviewing but I would like to use my upgrades.

• Vlakdo3-PGOVlakdo3-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

Thank you very much for all the work!

• BochumJules-PGOBochumJules-PGO Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Okay ,some gut points

.... but you only worked on one side of the Medal. 💁🏻‍♂️ We need to Have more Update/options/Upgrades for the Submitter.

- 280 signs for the Discribtion is to less. We need more signs for explaining, how imporant the Submisson is or why we dicide to submitt the POI.

- We need to have more than 1 Bonus-picture, to show the save area with the POI. Maybe view more pictures (3?). Often we can't locate the Location because, Submitter don't Use Streetview and turn away from the POI.

- We need an extra Option for Links, to put in. Not in the same (discribtion) textbox , because some Reviewers, rejected Submissons with URLs in the secound textbox or don't check them.

- For Location-Edits we need a Picutre-duty, to prove the Real Location + a textbox to give a reason why, the Submitter will edit the location, because now it is often a guessing game.

- Resolve the Cells for PoGo, so we have much less fake nomination and edits, because people feel handelt fair and don't Look for a "better" Location in the cell next by.

- How you will handle the old Reviewer, who don't Look in the New guidelines ?

- Why you don't make Wayfarer more Public ? Most of the Submitter don't know about Wayfarer and why they should Use it!

- Why Wayfarer isn't an App ? To be a Homepage is more than 10 years back in the past.

• jontebula-INGjontebula-ING Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

Bug now and not all new text translate to Swedish. Text under Niantic Wayfarer lead to criteria and text about new codename on settings not translate to Swedish.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Its sad. You can mostly put the number of active Wayfarers on 1 per community. Some are only submitting things which never get through the voting because of no priority areas. Some are submitting some and then stop because they finished their work, some because their trash is not getting through. If someone Spots some POI-worthy object, they send it to me. Because they know, that I will create a new POI way faster then them. So you most likely have to do everything alone.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unpopular question: when will Wayfarer to be linked with Niantic Social account?

• PoMaQue-PGOPoMaQue-PGO Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭

German, French, Spanish, Italian, ... no one gets them if the game is not in English

That first survey is the reason why so much garbage is being submitted "I don't care what it is, as long as I get more Pokéstops/Gyms".

The purpose of Niantic games is to go out and discover, go on adventures, meet people etc.

Not so that every has a Home Portal/Gym by nominating flower pots and garbage bins in front of their house.

• MarioSGodoy87-PGOMarioSGodoy87-PGO Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

I am concerned because I see non-eligible nominations being approved and many nominations that I make even though they are eligible are disapproved.

• Quero saber eu estou Reprovado há 1ano e pouco e pq não posso aprovar nenhum POKESTOP eu quero indicar e aproveitar POKESTOP

• Anth02y-PGOAnth02y-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭

Please Niantic... consider this message!!!

We prefer to get English rejection reasons than nothing. This would be a good QoL without too much efforts from you. If you don't have rejections reasons, you don't know what to improve. So submissions cannot be improved when they are submitted again. I don't understand why you have not yet implemented this. 😓

• MaxInmelman-PGOMaxInmelman-PGO Posts: 25 ✭✭✭

Cafes that should be eligible are still being rejected. Would you please judge directly? It is possible that the reason for eligibility and evidence for it have also been submitted but have not been properly evaluated.

• MarioSGodoy87-PGOMarioSGodoy87-PGO Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

I agree with you, we must receive the reason why the nomination was not accepted.

• jontebula-INGjontebula-ING Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

Hope soon people on Wayfarer follow criteria and accept café now follow critera. I dont understand way lots of people dont follow the new criteria and accept café. Lots of standard café follow unique style of old year say year 1950. If the stand cafe are good for the city and lots of people are there it is unique and good location we can visit for tourists and follow critera.

• GwenomE65-PGOGwenomE65-PGO Posts: 0 ✭✭

It would be awesome if we got unlimited skips. I for one get nominations from places outside the area I live. I live in Puerto Rico and I get nominations from the Virgin Islands and States in the US which are places I've never been to and it would be unfair for me to review those submissions not knowing if those are real places cause not every location has a street view on the map and even when there is a street view you can't always be sure if the location is there cause the view is obstructed.

• CopperChick-PGOCopperChick-PGO Posts: 272 ✭✭✭

These changes still don't help my submissions that have been stuck since April and May, or that were wrongly rejected. I live in a dense apartment/condo area and my nominations either get rejected or they have been stuck in the voting process with little hope of being approved (I figure if something has been in voting that long it is because people are very divided and are either saying it is good or are saying it does not qualify). Niantic needs to state in their reviewing guides that qualifying items (fountains/gazebos/play areas/sports fields, etc) in the common areas of apartments/condos qualify. I have submitted things for people in apartments and so far only 2 have been approved (a fitness station and an entry pergola). A fountain was rejected for no pedestrian access even though it was surrounded by sidewalks (in other words it wasn't at the entrance of an apartment complex so they think they can't get to it).