Whats the difference between this 2 waypoints

Hello guys,

Tried to nominate one waypoint but got reject:

Nomination ID: N9UOhJGUWhkYO7pFVHlOhkKroMlC9ra9+KOqf/Gjg6g=

"This nomination has been rejected due to the following reason(s):

Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria."

This was the one, a street name tribute to a well-known Portuguese writer, close to a small garden in the middle of the neighborhood.

And why a similar situation was approved and in fact its a gym nowadays.

I would like to know if the criteria changed or what i did wrong in my nomination.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could have been rejected as a duplicate although it isnt. Or being not unique as its basically the same sign

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador
    edited December 2020
  • LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

I can say, that it looks like the typical street signs and only has a word on it, which canges it to the mass produced objects. Such signs doesnt meet criteria, they are mass produced

You should not orientate on existing POIs.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is hard to figure out what to improve with just "does not meets criteria" as a rejection reason, and just the nomination photo and description from your nomination to critque.

If this is just a traffic sign, it does not meet criteria. The one that went through did leave off the word "Rua" - I don't see the title you used - so I would recommend doing the same for this nomination if you resubmit. Try to center the sign better vertically in your nomination photo. If you have a link to the erecting of this marker as a tribute, include that link in your supporting information. Make sure your supporting photo is taken from far enough back to show the garden and includes the sign - it almost looks like the marker is set in the street.

Another thought - double check your description information. If it was pasted from a source, it may have been rejected for being copied, and if anything is not quite right, it may have been rejected for not being accurate. I can't copy and paste the photo text to check that myself. For myself, I love reading about the person, but you may be better off just putting the information that is on the sign that people don't need to verify in the description.

Good luck if you resubmit! A lot of mine take several tries.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep in mind that existing wayspots are not a good indicator of valid PoI. Many have been approved with different rules, or they just got lucky, in some situations there are even totally invalid nominations that are approved and then Niantic removes them shortly after.

Many people will see that as a typical street sign and will reject it. If it's the only sign of its kind it can pass, but as soon as there are other similar ones then they become generic and not interesting.