Can i have your opinion please

Hey, i submitted this POI lately and don't understand why it was rejected. If you can tell me what you think about it please so i can improve it :)

Name : Fresque de l'amitié (Friendship painting)

Description : Fresque peinte en 2019 représentant l'amitié France-Palestine, sur le côté du gymnase

(This is a giant graff ordered by the city, describing the friendship between France and Palestine, painted in 2019 on the wall of the public gym.)

It is located on a public sports playground, away from the road. 100% secure

Thank you for any advices :)

Comments

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it looks too good? :-D

Great painting. Is it visible in street view?, what's the supporting photo?

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the location - we need to see all your photos and submission details. Is the Gym a Waypoint, this mural may be too close to an existing POI to appear in game.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Gym can also mean gym of a school, which would make it ineligeble because of the k-12 ****-criteria.

• Kroutpiick-PGOKroutpiick-PGO Posts: 370 ✭✭✭✭

As others said, if it's on the wall of a school gym, it's ineligible.

It looks very new, it may not be visible on Google street view :

-try adding a photosphere with Soogle Street View app.

-can you find any news/media about this painting, if yes, you can provide the URL with the supporting information, it will help reviewers to confirm its existence if not visible on street view.

• LilyFu0-PGOLilyFu0-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Thanks for your answers. As you can see on the streetview which is 3 years old, the painting wasn't there at the time, it was painted last year. Maybe that's why. I didn't check it before submitting. On the right you have the attached picture that shows how far it is from the road. Maybe i should try with a photo from the streetview point, to show the painting is really there. Thank you ;)

The gym is public so it can't be the school criteria.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

A small detail but use landscape for the main photo? That way you could (also) show the corner of the play arena next to the building. Would make location check comparing to the street view and satellite view easy.

• HelvetiaZH-PGOHelvetiaZH-PGO Posts: 88 ✭✭

Please make sure the supportive photo shows the surrounding TOGETHER with the painting. One should see the POI and also the surrounding together in the 2nd picture, that is helping a lot while reviewing.