Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Lost Wayfarer Badge Credit Bug in Pogo Has Returned

In October, I reported that my former Gold Wayfarer badge had disappeared and my agreement count had reset to 13. On November 27, I had the Platinum badge pushed to my account with seemingly the right count.

I just noticed my platinum badge has disappeared again and I am back to 13 agreements.

Given that leveling up to L50 will now require a certain amount of platinum badges, I’m concerned with the second disappearance of my Wayfarer badge. I had previously noted that this Gmail associated to my PoGo account was once linked to an Ingress account too but I had that former L4 lngress account voluntarily deleted.

Can someone look into this? This lack of syncing is aggravating and, quite frankly, devalues the contributions that I and others have made.

Tagged:
6 votes

Investigating · Last Updated

Comments

• Sorry that you're experiencing this, we did previously have a bug where the incorrect medal counts weren't being successfully synced with in-app progress but that has been resolved and it seems as though this is a related behavior but ultimately a different cause.

I'll let you know if we need more information. Thanks for your patience.

• DramazSegul-PGODramazSegul-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have also experienced this, I have over 2000 agreements all of which were on my badge. I now have 2. I’ve been doing reviews to try and update this to no avail. Pestering support every other day has gotten me nowhere either. If moving into fair or poor rating will take away your badge I will not be reviewing when/IF my badge ever comes back.

note I’ve had between 50-100 agreements since the badge was put down and none have counted due to a “fair” rating. Given that we do not choose what we review and get crappy things to review often I’m not sure why the medal gets penalized due to a fair rating, I try to be as subjective as possible and I do reject quite a lot of submissions on fair grounds. I guess my rating is determined by others opinions rather than my actual accuracy?

• IIIllSllIII-PGOIIIllSllIII-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

Please help fix this. I’ve had 2 on my badge for months now when I had 1100. Was hoping to get to platinum but it seems may not happen any time soon. And reviewing doesn’t seem to help either.

Continuing to be patient.

thanks.

• Phunniebunny-PGOPhunniebunny-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

@NianticCasey-ING I and others really appreciate your efforts. It does need to be communicated to the dev team that this kind of ongoing bug is disheartening and will only discourage reviewers. Bringing in new reviewers by lowering level requirements doesn’t seem to have worked as my local area is now at a standstill for approvals when we were once at 4-6 weeks to approvals before PoGo reviewers could review. We’re now back to 6 months and counting.

i also would like to reiterate that the belief that Wayfarer works as intended with the changes made to prevent abuse is not a reality. There are fundamental issues with the scoring rubric. I’ve always hovered around 82 to 84% agreement rate and have been knocked down to Fair in recent months. With my last platinum badge screenshot’s total agreements (taken on Nov 27) and my current review numbers as of today (see below), I have at least 80% agreement rate. How the heck does that make me a fair reviewer when I’m at high end of agreement percentage and I’ve reviewed enough to nullify that it’s statistical anomaly if the review system to have me review a range of submissIons to avoid local jerrymandering is true. There is a fundamental issue with a lack of comprehensive resource for new reviewers, as well as reviewers not getting properly vetted with a test ahead of time . And the constant changes on what is acceptable or not are confusing.

Again, thanks for your efforts but this is beyond frustrating. Now that I have my Pogo plat, any desire I have to review is near gone since my community has been well built up. I’d like to help other areas but this does nothing to encourage me to continue.

Post edited by Phunniebunny-PGO on
  • AMMendezz-PGOAMMendezz-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

First time, when Wayfarer badge was introduced into the game I’d got the Gold badge. But now, when the platinum badges were uploaded, my gold badge turn into nothing. I would like you to review that bug in order to fix it.

Otherwise I also play Ingress prime; I know that they are different games, but both got the information from Wayfarer and the difference are quite abismal.

I hope someone could review and solve this bug.

I also attach two pics with my badges now in both games.

Thank you four your time.

• Hi all,

I have the same problem. My Wayfarer badge has been set to 3 at the beginning of November and until now this has not been set back to normal. I reported this multiple times ingame and everytime someone is telling just wait, it will sync in a few days. But this doesn’t happened after 7 weeks so how long do I need to wait?

Can somebody kindly bring my medals stats back to it’s count. I rated in the meantime still further and have no idea if this still counts in the background or if I wasted many hours without any positive effect for me.

Please help!

• Hey folks,

I had a chat with the Wayfarer team and it seems as though the bug fix for this issue is still in place, however if you are in the Poor or Fair standing, these agreements won't count towards the medal and aren't triggering your updated agreement counts to be resynced following the bug fix.

We are investigating an additional component to the bug fix that would push this sync in-app, totally feel you on the demotivating impact that this is having on your Wayfarer reviewing experience.

Thanks for your patience while we work on this!

• atis-INGatis-ING Posts: 4 ✭✭

Same issue happened on December 3rd, 2020. I have screenshot from December 2 showing 1419. Now it is counting forward, but from 0. Ingress still shows 1444, and appears to be stuck (i'm at 45 now from 0).

I had to change my google login email, while having facebook linked, but that happened way before. Could that be related?

I am at good rating, and count keeps updating, but i am still missing 1419 older agreements, count is now 54

Medal keeps updating, but score is wrong (should have been 1419+54), so the issue is not fixed