Living on the border

I just found out about Wayfarer and started reviewing some local submissions. Although I live near the border of Germany/Netherlands/Belgium, I have only a passing understanding of Dutch/Flemish/French. This means I only half understand half of the submissions from Belgium or the Netherlands, but for some reason I'm not allowed to "skip" too many of those submissions. I can usually (with a picture) figure out what they're describing, but I'd prefer to stick with the simple ones that I understand - nature reserves, churches, etc. Is there anyway to skip the ones I don't understand?

Comments

• ArabellaArdelia-PGOArabellaArdelia-PGO Posts: 153 ✭✭✭

My understanding is that all you can do once you've used your skip quota (which is only 3/day if memory serves) all you can do is let the reviews you can't figure out time out by doing something else for 20 minutes. An alternative would be to throw the text into Google Translate or something similar and give it your best guess based on that. Wish I could give you a better solution, but that's what we have.

• Cathmuts-PGOCathmuts-PGO Posts: 12 ✭✭

I live in the Netherlands and don't understand a word french and German is also not my strongest. Would indeed be Nice to pass those ore that you can put in what  language your good in so reviewing would be more easy

• SiIverLyra-PGOSiIverLyra-PGO Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get a lot of nominations from other countries as well. Usually I use Google Translate and most of the time it does the job. Even if the translation isn't pitch perfect, I understand the gist of things.

If the nomination in question features some ultra-local elements that I can't understand as an outsider, I either skip or let the review expire.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got submissions from 10 different countries. For this situations, the "TRANSLATE" buttons added with WF+ are really helpful. The text will get copied and pasted into g-translator.

• SocialOutlaw-PGOSocialOutlaw-PGO Posts: 35 ✭✭

Google translate should be your best friend. I live in Oklahoma. I get alot of noms in Spanish. I dont understand any of it lol.

I try to save my skips for graveyards....