Punishment vs. reinforcement and one curious case of Wayfarer abuse

Comments

• SocialOutlaw-PGOSocialOutlaw-PGO Posts: 35 ✭✭

So I fail to see the connection? That only shows me someone tried to nominate something..

What I asked for was proof of valid way stops being removed. So do you have gps cords to this stop that was removed?

Cause I went thru the first thread and checked. Guess what no park at those gps cords.

Now either he gave false cords or you don't want to give the correct ones because they dont exist.

Saying they are doing it too doesn't make either one of you right........

Because they do give you the gps tag on nominations and having google earth it's not hard to double check the street address. So please show me the stops that were valid and were removed. Show me the GPS cords.

Unless you are willing to do that your arguement is lacking as the OP clearly gave us that information and allowed us to verify ourselves.

Time to state your case or just accept your fake stops got removed and find a new place to play..........

• No offense, but it is not up to you (or OP who does it because of self Vendetta) to decide which wayspot is worth staying and which is not. According to Niantic guidelines, bicycle paths should and can be approved - whether you need a yellow or blue sign, that is not mentioned. what is your authority to say that a certain eligable wayspot needs to be removed ? The local community has accepted them, and it meets the criteria.

Btw, Do you think a kindergarten as a wayspot that is located near OP region should be removed? or you one of OP squad that follow it everywhere and removing eligible wayspots ? please clarify.

Thanks!

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually all wayspots need something physical to attach the nomination to. So a simple sidewalk would not suffice. A sign is generally needed.

also to your other point anything k-12 is not eligible and can be removed as well.

the longer this conversation goes the worse it looks for you tbh. You are spouting off that the OP is attacking your poi’s but show no proof that they are actually legit other than the fact the picture meets criteria. But if the location is completely wrong that is abuse.

you point out OP nominated an illuminated display at an icecream store saying its abuse where any can see it clearly isnt.

then also confirming that your community also accepts very poor wayspots because they loosely meet criteria but they actually really dont

Well when the nom is accepted through fraud then the system needs to be alerted.

And again with the misdirection. You've still yet to provide the cords to allow us to see which one of you is right, so far not looking good for you.

As for me I'm just a small town guy playing with my friends. I've only removed on stop from this game, not because it was fake but because it was tagged in the middle of the road. When I placed it back it disappeared due to being next to another stop.

See I'm not to worried about one missing stop since we've placed just of 50 stops in this town.

I honestly dont care about your stops. I want to see which one of you is lying tho.

One last time do you have the gps cords to this stop because all the ones I've check that were posted were clearly fake. It's not hard to tell a park from a building on a satellite image.......

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador
    edited December 2020

Reporting fakes can be super annoying. First at all, most fakers just use a different account or ask sonmeone else from their community for their account. There are areas where I have reported fakes more than three times. What anoyes me aswell is when fakers fake homeportals even if they got legit posibilities for HPs. Faking should not get rated with the "3-Strikes-system". I would rate them on their heaviness of abuse depending on the number of fake POIs. Fake can also mean removed, this wouldnt be problematic in the first way.

Many players do report ingame but their report gets rejected and they are too lazy to create an appeal here.

In Germany, I am already a known reporter, this is why many players sending me their evidence and ask me for creating the appeals. This is why it looks like I could teleport with all my reports and evidence from alll arounf Germany.

Post edited by LukeAllStars-ING on
  • Please do not insult an entire community all over Israel and say that they get accept "very poor wayspots". To do so, you need to visit this places and check the wayspots for yourself- and after that you can say if it's poor or not. By using baseless accusations about an entire community you are hurting many wonderful players who work days and nights to make new and wonderful wayspots all over Israel. You are welcome to come to the area, watch the wayspots- and then make your decision regarding the quality of them. not before that.

Thank you.

Why did you respond to them and not me?

Are we at the avoidance stage already?

What I find funny is your basically reinforcing the OP statement of a group. When your talking each of you is using plural pronouns.

We/us

So show us your right...

And I dont have to be there to know POIs cant be in the street nor can they be mass produced.

Bike line paintings are poor nomanations.

I can make that judgement right here.

• As i mentioned in the previous messages, and as Niantic clarify here over and over again- every player here need to act respectfully to one another. you are attacking with your words and not reading the whole threads- as someone who looks to make any mayhems and not interested in having any polite and fruitful discussion

Please go over and read the last messages, you will find there all of your answers.

and if not- you can ask for assistance and i'll be happy to help you- but first, be respectful.

Thank you.

Im not insulting anyone. But a picture of a stencilled bike on the ground does not make a good wayspot, neither does the other one. Or the picture of the dog bags in a field. Those are all really terrible poi’s that in normal circumstances would never pass the reviewing process. Which is exactly what the OP is saying. Unfortunate thing is and maybe good for you is there are only certain reasons wayspots can be removed so if they arent blocking emergency vehicles, have pedestrian access and are not on k-12 property or private property and are in the correct locations they will most likely not be removed.

with that being said there are surely way better things to nominate then those specific examples that I hope would showcase the culture of Israel a lot better in my opinion.

• Please check again and find out that OP also added photos of wayspots with sign that mentioned the bicycle road.

But OP have a long history of claiming false thing to harm areas it doesn't like. i'm hoping Niantic will refer it. No one should use these great forums to avenge other areas or players.

I've read the thread which is why I've very clearly and politely asked you to provide evidence that what your saying is true.

GPS cords pictures of this park with location tagging on anything to support your side.

I haven't insulted you, you however have disrespected me by using avoidance tactics and misdirections by changing the subject.

You stated the op was vengeful and attacking your stops. I'm asking for proof of that show me a stop that was removed after you added it.

Better yet why dont we just see what kinda poi you nominate. Care to post your screen shot of your nomination list?

Was this one of your cause this one was clearly fake. Notice the gps location give that allows people to check for themselves cause there isn't a park at those cords.

• GiladY-PGOGiladY-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

In another words, what we are trying to say is, imagine the following situation. I don't know you, I never met you, and I have never been where you live. But what if I have reported Niantic that I believe, according to satellite images and maybe not up to date Streetview, that your favorite playing area is not eligible, and that would be enough for them to remove 90% of stops and gyms there. It doesn't matter if my complaint was right or not, and if you can restore it or not. It is the act of an individual and the lack of evidence for this action.

And the fact is that after being removed most stops are back in 1-7 days after because the community (not individuals) vote for it as eligible POI.

Regarding the fact that part of the people saying we/us. Yes, we are a community, and as a community, we want it to stop, nothing wrong with that. We are not organized as it might be presented before (no leader or name), but players from all over the country are tired of this situation of hard work go to waste.

P.S. 

I am sorry it is a bit complicated right now to go out and give you all the evidence that you wish to see. Unfortunately, Israel is on lockdown for the next few weeks. Anyway, here are the coordinates of the Philipinnes embassy from the story: 32.095356832898105, 34.786098775667895

• Lauuu5-INGLauuu5-ING Posts: 57 ✭✭✭

Ya llegó el primero abusador de turno a llorar por qué alguien hace lo correcto. Al creador del post quiero felicitarlo por hacer lo que pocos hacen, denunciar el abuso cuando ya es masivo.

See that I can respect. That's what i wanted to see. You can satellite where I am and check all the cords for all of our stops.

I didnt say google street view. That's never updated. Satellite imaging however is constantly updated.

Point is I can clearly tell the difference between our park and a home addition on a satelite view.

The problem is what was posted in that screen shot is a clear fake. Bike paths shouldn't be waypoints. A drawing in the street are not acceptable.

I look forward to the next post about this saga. When y'all do get out of lockdown post your side. I wanna see how this ends.

Do you have a screen shot of it not being in the game?

That would be one I would appeal as an invalid waypoint removal.

That would clearly qualify as a spot.

• Lol, how am I suppose to give proof now after the POI was moved back to it’s correct location? If the gps cords would help you, it’s 32.09537, 34.78612

You can check and see it’s a stop now, and here is a pic of it as a gym (bottom right):

Anyway, I’m in no way claiming I know it was OP or one of her friends, that’s for Niantic to know (if they’re interested in finding out). I’m just telling you a true story about how things are done in our area.

You do that right there and post your side. I never said who was right I only asked for the otherside. Someone is clearly in the wrong here either the OP or you.

Like I said no one should have the power to remove stops because of vengeance but also you gotta admit some of the stops posted shouldn't have qualified.

Take it from a reader's view.

OP makes post with a seemingly valid agreement.

OP is attacked my multiple people on thread making counter claims.

People are asked to provide evidence to support there claim.

People dont support agreement but instead engage in misdirection tactics.

Only after a wild discussion was evidence presented that would support what your saying.

I'm always open to changing my mind but it helps when both sides can offer a case on the matter.

Nanatic does need to step into this and check the iP addresses and user names of people making these edits. And they really need to vet some of these nominations before we vote on them.

When it was moved back did it create another gym on another stop. The 2nd 6th and 20th will make a gym when the gyms was moved back to the original location it would have increased the number back to the original number thus creating a gym again somewhere.

Or did another stop become a gym when it was first moved out?

In the first photo taken on October 23rd you can see it is a gym. The second photo was taken today and it is now a stop (with a red mark). It has been moved for a few weeks inside the park and then back to the place you can see now. So it was an intention relocatation for the purpose of deleting the gym from the park and make it a stop.

Just an example of what happened to on POI out of dozens in this area alone. (By the way, you can see another stop removed from there)

The moves shouldnt have happened in the first place by the looks of it. The stop that got removed that would of been right next to the gym could of happened for the 20m distance rule. Not sure about the one that looks like it would be right in the water though

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

uh @NianticCasey-ING i think it would be better to close this here.

I agree with you, the moves shouldn't have happened in the first place. The one on the water was a mistake by one of the teenagers that we explained him how to nominate correctly. Also, you can see it is not renominated and accepted.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

If moving Wayspots to their correct locations resulted in some Wayspot being removed from Pokemon Go, that is just the nature of the system. What is important is that those Wayspots were moved to the correct locations instead of deliberately misplaced just so it would show up in Pokemon Go. Second, you still have not provided any evidence that Wayspots were removed incorrectly. Nor has anyone countered the OPs evidence of a systematic problem with low grade Wayspots that shouldn't have been approved in the first place. Instead, all we got as "defense" was accusing the OP of being "big meanie" without acutally addressing their evidence or providing counter-evidence.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Location edits are requested by local players, I don't know how much people do you include in the "but we didn’t - that’s for sure." Are you really sure that no one around did request that location edit? Really sure?

What's know for sure is that many people from all around the world has abused the new system to change gyms to the ones that they prefer. That's not specific to your community

A kindergarden is not a valid PoI, no one will refute that. Just report it and it will be removed.

But bad PoI in other places is not an excuse for creating bad PoI anywhere else, and pretending to claim that reporting those wayspots is an attack against all the Wayfarer community of a whole country is really incredible.

• SiIverLyra-PGOSiIverLyra-PGO Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

...Ah, I gather that I missed something while I was at work.

Anyone care to fill me in?

What I see is a spot that was placed out of the road. It wasn't placed in the correct spot. I'm guessing that small of a move placed it inside another square. That seems like a clear case of this is in the wrong spot and it was corrected.

Seems like someone had that planned tagged it just far enough away to be in another square to make a gym instead of placing it where it actually belongs which means it should be a stop not a gym.

That doesn't prove malicious intent. That just proves system is doing its job.

The thing is OP isnt trying to nominate the store but instead the artwork which is perfectly legit and you are able to do that. That is no where close to being abuse, he showed us all the images of the spot in question. And it is perfectly fine to submit nominations like that.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

But although he saw that post, he opted to not say anything at that moment and keep it for later in case the OP would create a post similar to this one and say "and you nominate bad PoI"

This discussion has been closed.