577 day-old limbo sub (+ other super old stuff)

Qwizical-INGQwizical-ING Posts: 91 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Niantic

This is your friendly reminder about my old subs.

It's been a while since I told you about my issue that @NianticCasey-ING said they'd get back to me on (clearly limbo doesn't matter). Would you believe that I subbed it 577 days ago and it's still in queue???

When I subbed it back on the 9th June 2019, Rafael Nadal only had 11 French Open titles. He's now won 13.

Rafael Nadal can win two French Open titles in a faster time than it takes for me to get a portal sub decision in my local area.

When is this going to matter to you Niantic?

Sarcastic Love,

Qwizical

Comments

• YouLostAStar-INGYouLostAStar-ING Posts: 280 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is a crazy amount of time to wait for an answer to submissions, it’s frustrating enough for me to have to wait 5 months.

especially as Niantic stated they don’t want people to be forced to review but for anyone living and submitting within an area under an abuse vector they have no choice.

so many issues with wayfarer just seem to be ignored. Every year during this time review times usually drop because people are spending more time indoors reviewing but this year all we are getting is people submitting the tree outside their house and the system is clogged with it

• Raachermannl-INGRaachermannl-ING Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sitting in a level 6 cell, whose whole south is a large scale dead region since I got access to submitting and reviewing during summer 2018. Only a few lecel 9 cells around one town here got accelerated reviews during rare events. The other dozens of level 9 cells stayed dead like ever before. Despite of these events I can't see a drop depending on the season .... most submissions become old enough to survive at least one winter xD

The events were:

• Release of the Upgrade feature - I got my queue only cleared, because I used the hype wave to clear my own backlog with the help of the upgrades. So I cant say, what was speedy, and what not.
    • Wayfarer-release and access for PoGo reviewers, lasted only few weeks, but it was only chaos - worst stuff got accepted, best candidates rejected with horrific rejection criteria
    • 1st Lockdown during march/april

The only thing I can say, that I received less than 10 answers on candidates (w/o uograde) in the dead cells since april. This rate is worse than ever before ....

• YouLostAStar-INGYouLostAStar-ING Posts: 280 ✭✭✭✭✭

In my area I remember a full clearout in March 2018, January 2019, October 2019 and March/April 2020. The areas in abuse vectors didn’t benefit from the Oct 2019 clearout and during April 2020 they only had very old subs cleared

• Qwizical-INGQwizical-ING Posts: 91 ✭✭✭✭

At the end of March 2020, Niantic somehow cleared submissions that were dated through to May 31st 2019. Everything of mine older than that cleared and at that point they were barely 11 months old. Yet I'm here sitting on an almost 19 month old submission and nothing has changed.

The worst part is our issue is lower priority for Niantic than image reviews. It really tells you how much they care about communities like ours.

Niantic also have a London (UK) office. I live in London (UK). They could invite me over to discuss limbo and Wayfarer in general with their employees or over video call if they truly cared.

But this will never happen. We have to learn to accept that we are going to be forced to review by Niantic even though they publicly said they don't want this.

No doubt they read our comments where we don't hold back on voicing our concerns about everything.

I see you ignoring me again Niantic 😘

• HINABITAMEU-INGHINABITAMEU-ING Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

In my area, 2017-10-14 candidate is in queue....

The worst part is there's a lot of places globally where the issue is "not enough or any reviewers" and it's a serious issue niantic need to address. Have a "global bonus location month" or something where niantic choose a country or region that will show up for everyone (on an opt in basis).

My issue isn't this. I live in the largest city in the UK. I can travel 15 minutes East ON FOOT and sub things that reach a decision. Here, nothing. Almost all of the POI are on this side of the meridian.

I need to jump in a car to find anything submission-worthy that will actually reach a decision without forcing an upgrade.

• Mernie9-INGMernie9-ING Posts: 42 ✭✭✭

The long times in the queue also means that by the time it comes up for a vote, there's a good chance it's a duplicate portal, which is just a waste of reviewer time.

• KCY3701-PGOKCY3701-PGO Posts: 19 ✭✭

To address this problem, Niantic should better incentivise people to do reviews.

Maybe provide a small amount of Pokecoins (or the equivalent in game currency in Ingress and HPWU) would help a bit, although some might debate that it could also lead to people abusing/gaming the review system by bulk rejecting everything (to get agreements). Hence, a well thought out reward system is needed.

If said it before and I'll say it again, if there are always going to be players, like me, who have to rely on upgrades to get their submissions reviewed, everyone should be in the same boat.

I understand how unfair this sounds and how it will discard people who want to submit but let's face it if you failed the most basic of Wayfarer Review Tests then in all likelihood you will not be submitting anything good and you should lose that ability.

I'm staring at needing 12,500 agreements right now and this won't include everything I'll have to resub that meets criteria and gets rejected.

Niantic need a solution that doesn't spit on the faces of players like me who work hard to improve urban areas on the outskirts of big cities. I'm down for forcing everyone into the same boat that I am in because it seriously cannot get any worse for me. (In before Niantic's upgrade feature breaks)

• Belahzur-INGBelahzur-ING Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bumping this up for you Jess.

Can we ask for some more input please @NianticCasey-ING ?

Thank you ^_^

I can imagine the complaints about agreement rates only worsens my problems. As everyone else's problems get a little worse, mine get infinitely worse (more so than it already is).

• I'm curious - do you get many Tongan submissions to review, and are they in English? I'm looking for a new place to set my bonus location and would like to help out my Pacific cousins.

• RhapsoTheSeer-INGRhapsoTheSeer-ING Posts: 48 ✭✭

Not only queue time, also voting time. I have plenty of mine have 4 months and up time "in voting" and it's crazy! I only have accepted Poi when upgrade them... And i have 70 nominations in backlog...

Any fix for this broken system?

and much more

• grsmhiker-INGgrsmhiker-ING Posts: 176 ✭✭✭✭

At one point the queue was cleared of old submissions, but some of us do have "bugged" submissions from years ago that got stuck. Here are my two. Note that they cannot be edited and applying upgrades to these causes the upgrade to vanish (I tried upgrading next with both and lost two upgrades that way).

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LittleHeaven70-PGO whoops! I did not see this reply. My apologies for being almost half a year late!

I think I had about 25 nominations to review in total in Tonga. All but one of them were in English. Their local cathedral, post office, pioneer's tombstones and some resorts are among some of the great nominations that are still awaiting a verdict. So please do help out, I suggest Tonga! Also extending the message to others who are looking for a new bonus location but don't want to be inundated with another country's nominations during reviews. Because trust me, I had the Philippines chosen as a bonus location a few years back and it was a nightmare with so many things misplaced and barely any Street View.