Looking for assistance in improving a nomination. Vague rejection as not "meet acceptance criteria"

Old Description

Local axe throwing location that offers lessons for beginners and hosts weekly leagues for those looking to compete.

Old Supplemental Information

This location shows that there are fun recreational options in town. It also is a good spot to try something new and meet people if you are new to the area. It also hosts seasonal leagues to meet up and play with others for competition and camaraderie. Groups gather outside on the bench to hangout after matches. It is within walking distance to restaurants which can support local businesses. It is a unique business that encourage group meetings. Reopened within State guidelines during COVID-19 pandemic. Great place to bring an out of town friend for some fun. https://patch.com/new-jersey/bloomfield/throw-axes-drink-beers-bury-hatchet-bloomfield-video

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looking for ways to improve this if possible. It is in the downtown area that is currently going through a transition from run down buildings to new apartments and businesses. Bury the Hatchet is always pretty packed and after throwing people usually hang around to play games and drink (BYOB). A lot of groups hangout outside as well. I was going to resubmit with a better photo and change the description/supplemental info up a but put if you think that this would be a waste let me know. I've seen escape rooms pass and thought this would be an even better fit as during non instructional hours it hosts local recreational and competitive leagues that local residents are a part of. They have Halloween events and other fun activities as well.

NEW DESCRIPTION: Local axe throwing location that offers lessons, team bonding activities, and competitive leagues in downtown Bloomfield.

NEW SUPPLEMENTAL INFO: This location shows that there are fun recreational options in town and is a good introduction to the sport of axe throwing. This location also hosts seasonal leagues to meet up and play with others for competition and camaraderie. There are also seasonal events for Groups gather outside on the bench to hangout after matches. It is a unique business that encourage group meeting and a unique form of exercise. Reopened within State guidelines during COVID-19 pandemic. Great place to bring an out of town friend for some fun. https://patch.com/new-jersey/bloomfield/throw-axes-drink-beers-bury-hatchet-bloomfield-video

Comments

• Kroutpiick-PGOKroutpiick-PGO Posts: 370 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

IMO, this is a 5* submission. You only had bad luck with some reviewers.. It happens, don't give up and resubmit again!

-It meets the "great place to be social" criteria being a nice place to hangout with family or friends

-Can also meet the "exploration" criteria being an "Unusual or unique local shops"

-Can also meet the "exercice" since axe throwing is kind of technical and physical

Your new description and supplemental info are correct. If you want, you can add a few words to link the submission to the eligibility criterias (great place to be social, great place for exploration, etc.)

However, there is no need to talk about COVID-19 guidelines. We, as reviewers, are not here to judge if a place is safe or not regarding COVID since guidelines may vary at every city, state or country.

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

I love this nomination, and agree it meets new criteria very well, and sounds like a very cool place to visit. I think you wrote the submission very well, so it was bad luck it didn't pass. Good luck when you resubmit!