How to get this bench approved? Rejected as a natural object

Hey guys! So I'm rather confused about one of my pokestops being rejected. It was rejected as a "natural feature not connected to a man-made object" and a "tilted photo", despite being a man made object with a properly aligned photo.

How do I fix these issues? Is there something else that makes it ineligible? Or do people just troll stop nominations?

It's the only bench/rest stop on the entire trail, and I had to wait three days just to take a picture because of how many people use it lol.

Hope these pictures upload properly, lmk if not.

Comments

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

One it doesn’t look like a permanent bench as in it can be moved easily so that doesnt help it much. And generally for benches uf they are dedicated to a significant member of society with proof of such it can be passed. Your case the rejection reasons arent always correct. You may have a chance if your trying to sell it as a scenic lookout. It will be a tough one to get accepted regardless. I’m also trying to get a bench thats dedicated to a member of my city to get passed and its positioned in a way to look out onto our lake that the city is named after and mine was rejected as well for random rejection criteria reasons.

Good Luck!

• rtessy-PGOrtessy-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Ok thanks! It's been there for ~5 years and is bolted to the ground and tied around a huge tree root. Hasn't budged as far as I know, and we've had some wicked storms in the past 5 years. Should I add that to the supplemental info?

It is arguably the best outlook on the trail, and definitely the most popular. Any more tips for the scenic outlook angle? And good luck with yours!

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

This bench is on rockers, so I don't see any way it can be bolted to the ground. But even if it is, I don't see anything special about this bench to make it meet criteria. Check out the new "Criteria" tab if you haven't.

I agree that the rejection reasons in the emails are puzzling, but I think the reviewers were using natural feature to say this just looks like a random spot out in the woods rather than a destination, and that low quality photo means they didn't see anything in the photo to approve.

The only way I can see this getting accepted is if you can connect it to a sign or article showing this is a specifically placed viewing area maintained by a group for a specific reason. Otherwise, it is just a mass-produced moveable bench.

As far as I know it doesn't rock, and it's definitely not moveable anymore. It's made it through quite a few tropical storms too.

I'll try and get a better picture of the scene, rather than the bench, but it wasn't rejected for a low quality photo (dark, taken from car, etc) but for "Photo appears to be tilted, sideways, or upside down" which it isn't.

It's the only bench/rest stop/overlook of bowman's available on the trail, guess I better include that in the next submission lol. Thanks for your input.

Never said anyone "had" to approve anything, but rejecting it for entirely false reasons isn't correct either. Thanks for your input, I'll take it into consideration