3rd Rejection for Neighborhood Business

I have nominated a neighborhood business 3 times. Each time it gets rejected for a reason that does not make any sense to me. Is it because of the glare in the window? Any help would be appreciated. Here is the image, info and denial reason for this pokestop:

Comments

• PartnerKXT-PGOPartnerKXT-PGO Posts: 12 ✭✭

I agree with you GRC35. Neither of those rejection criteria appear to be correct. The photo quality is fine. It is not a seasonal display either.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you took the photo when that barbershop was closed (or so that the curtain was closed)?

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Well the first one (does not meet criteria) seems correct to me. (I do agree that the other two are nonsense, though.)

It doesn't seem to be anything more than a run-of-the-mill barbershop. I couldn't find anything that would indicate any real cultural importance online, either.

Post edited by Nadiwereb-PGO on
  • PartnerKXT-PGOPartnerKXT-PGO Posts: 12 ✭✭

I understand that “does not meet criteria” is not a criteria in of itself. The only concrete reasons for rejection given here are the photo quality and seasonal rejections.

If run-of-the-mill institutions are to be rejected it would be good to have a specific rejection criteria that states that. It is often difficult to determine whether or not a commercial operation such as a barber shop sign like this should be rejected or not (they pop up very frequently).

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Does not meet criteria" very much is a rejection reason. Or at least it has been until very recently, it has now been replaced by "other rejection criteria" - I'm unsure whether the rejection message has been updated as well.

• SPD85-PGOSPD85-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭

Barbershop/hair dressers do represent an interesting question under the current Wayfarer system. While at first glance I would lean towards rejecting them, they could be classified as "a great place to be social" as they often form important gathering points for segments within the community, with many people going there as much to catchup with friends as to get a haircut. That being said, it is up tot the submitter make the case that the specific establishment is a "great place to be social" rather than a standard business, which is the same treatment I give eating and drinking establishments.

• spiesr-INGspiesr-ING Posts: 313 ✭✭✭✭

Your photo contains a visible license plate. It isn't legible in the screenshot you posted, but may be in the full resolution photo. If so then this submission should have been rejected for that. (However that it the reason the reviewers selected.)