What would you do with these?

I get a lot of these for review. It is a trail marker on a trail used for dogsledding, biking and skiing. So, a great place for exercise... but it is just another of many mass produced generic signs. I am inclined to reject all of these. Is that what you would do?

Comments

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many signs exactly like this would you say there are in existence? I would approve it. If I started to see so many signs like this pop up depending on density id vote accordingly for visually uniqueness

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador
    edited January 2021

looks like a mass produced sign for me, 1*.

Also, this sign got no educational aspects and is just a warning sign. Also, based on the sign holder, the sign looks unpermanent, maybe only existent while the ski season.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it marks the beginning/endpoint of a trail or an access point onto the trial, I would give it a pass. But if it is a sign along the trail, but doesn't represent an access point, then I would reject it. The important part is the trail or access point and the sign is simply a physical object that represents the actual nomination. The sign itself is inconsequential.

• Rostwold-INGRostwold-ING Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭

The top half is mass produced, but the bottom is a named trail so I'd approve overall based on that.

• Xmacke7x-INGXmacke7x-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭✭

If the Jeff Studdert Sleddog Trail is nominated, I accept that nomination.

Those trail markers were always eligible. With the updated criteria even more.