Public Reserve / Park area

Hi All,

i have tried so many times to get this stop nomination passed and all the time its “rejected” i really don't understand, its a generic sign within the neighbourhood which has been approved on other stop locations . The stop nomination in question is on public ground , pathways for walking access, close to playgrounds yet constant rejection as photos below.. A little help how to get it passed pleased .. thank you

Comments

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

That sign does not promentently display the park's name, so it is no elgiable as a physical reference point of the park. Find the actual namesign of the park and submit that instead. If there is none, work with the local town council to raise money to have one installed.

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

So if you submit the picture of the park, you're asked to submit the picture of the sign of the park. If you submit the sign of the park, you're told the sign isn't good enough and are told to aks the city council to provide a new one. How is this supposed to have anything to do with evaluating if a park meets the criteria for the submission to be approved?

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Generally rule signs are not eligible. A park sign stating the name of the park would be how ever.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

The object is mass-produced, generic, or not visually unique or interesting.

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

@sogNinjaman-ING The nomination is supposed to be for the park. The sign is supposed to act as an anchor for the nomination. Do you mean that the park has been mass-produced, generic or not visually unique or interesting?

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

The item in the photo is supposed to act as the anchor. However, the item submitted is a list of rules or bylaws, which I would class as "mass produced, generic and not visually interesting". You need a better sign.

• Rostwold-INGRostwold-ING Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe there is something in the park such as playground equipment that would be more acceptable? If there isn't anything like that, and there's no sign stating the name of the park, then this is effectively just some empty grassland that doesn't meet the acceptance criteria.

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

I understand your pain with the quality of the park sign affecting whether it's approved.

I'd say you can try some things if you want to... Not saying they will work so expect some rejections.

You can try to zoom in on the header of the sign with the name and make it take up 80% of the picture. Get the photo dead straight. Take the supporting photo showing the sign and the park, hopefully with some path if possible.

Other option is to take a similar main picture but hold the phone up much higher so its dead straight, this removes the issue of "bad quality picture" and show the whole sign. Then you just have to convince reviewers that you're nominating the park not the rules sign.

Also whatever you try with the pictures, name the title of the submission what the sign calls it. You're likely to be getting your title and description voted down because you call it something else. Call it Maitland Public Reserve or similar, and in your description talk about what the park is to the community ie place to play and enjoy nature. Maybe they have some sort of conservation initiative there? Mention something interesting in description if possible.