Pokestop

I nominated a new pokestop that's turned down last year and I recently reposted it . It came back as a duplicate 1. Why was this not accepted

2. I've seen other stops in more unsafe areas than this and next to a gym

This is a safe place for pokemon lovers to play old and young

Answers

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

Nobody can offer insight as to why your nomination was rejected without seeing the nomination details. Can you provide screenshots of your submission and GPS location?

For duplicates, the PokéStop (and Gym) database is mostly pulled from the same Niantic database as Ingress. New nominations may be flagged as duplicates to Portals/Wayspots that do not appear in Pokémon GO due to density restrictions.

Do not take existing areas as examples of safe criteria. If you believe an area is unsafe, please report it for review. If you believe an area you made a nomination for is safe, you must show safe access in your submission.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Some POIs are only visible in Ingresy due to proximity rules. Your submission propably already existed in the database, so it got marked as duplicate. You can check Ingress, there all POIs are visible. Also, you could send me a location and your submission and I will quickly check the database for you.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

I noticed you replied by posting on my wall.

The nomination you made was likely flagged as a duplicate of "Activity Gym" located here https://intel.ingress.com/?ll=52.259888,-1.391256&z=19&pll=52.259888,-1.391256

A nomination for a single play piece will likely be flagged as a duplicate of existing play area equipment. Even if it does somehow pass reviewers, its proximity will never allow it to appear in any Niantic game.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. It's part of the same playground as "Activity Gym" as @Gendgi-PGO linked above. There can only be one Wayspot for the entire playground, not each individual piece of play equipment.
    2. Second, the discription itself is a 1* rejection because it makes a direct reference to Pokemon GO.