Submit later option

Good day,

I recently found myself in a neighbourhood that had a few potential POI submissions such as old churches and parks.

While I was able to have PoGo open and interact with pokemon on the map I was not able to submit a new Pokestop as the local cell reception didn't seem sufficient to upload the 2 photos (approx 24mb in total) and ended up having to abandon the submission as it timed out a couple times.

Seeing as how Pokestop scanning has a submit later option, shouldn't Niantic look into a similar option for new POI? Newer phones take better quality photos that take up more space. I'd much rather send the submission via my WiFi at work or home later.

Thoughts?

Comments

• MarioSGodoy87-PGOMarioSGodoy87-PGO Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

This improvement in being able to transmit requests later would help a lot.

• MightyGrelo-PGOMightyGrelo-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited January 2021

THIS PLEASE!!!

This definitely needs more attention, as I often find myself having "Image Upload Timeout" warnings when submtting stuff in areas with suboptimal connection.

Alternatively, you can enable long distance submissions akin to what already happens in Ingress? Doesn't make sense that this feature isn't already a staple on Pokemon Go for instance.

Kinda funny how Niantic endorses and encourages more POIs in rural areas but doesn't provide the actual means to submit them properly eh?

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be so nice. It's kind of surprising how many spots I have a decent enough signal to play the game but don't have a decent enough signal to upload the photos before the submission times out (even after lowering photo quality). I consider myself more enthusiastic (obsessive?) about submitting wayspots than most, but there's only so much running back and forth I'm willing to do to submit several wayspots along a hiking trail in bad signal land.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like this to be a possibility too. Although it may have an issue when trying to upload or submit something once you are out of the 25km range, I'm hoping that if the nomination is already in "submit later" stage which was done within the radius limit, it would be alright.

• MarioSGodoy87-PGOMarioSGodoy87-PGO Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

@NianticCasey-ING @NianticBrian-ING

See these comments and help us so that the suggestions are taken care of.

• Daemare-PGODaemare-PGO Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

I swear I've made so many comments and threads about this. I'm pretty sure it was in an AMA too.