Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Superb job! Your contributions are game-changers! === 4 days ban

Hello!

For the last month I got the 4-days ban for the second time, BUT there're no obviously reasons for that.

I've been voting manually, I didn't vote too much (both times before the ban I voted for a less then 1 hour, and not the each day), I set a different stars depends of the nomination, I have a 'fair' rate, I almost always try to set the category, even if it's not necessary.

And after all of this I got the nothing-meaning message like 'Nice work! Swing by later for more reviews!' or 'All done for now. See you again soon!' or 'Good exploring. See you next time!' or 'Superb job! Your contributions are game-changers!'. It looks like it means I'm voting good BUT actually it means 'Hold on and wait for a 4 days'.

I believe it's the wrong behavior, and also getting the 'good job' message together with 4-day ban is quite terrible and unfriendly.

Thanks.

22 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, but Niantic has set up some Honeypot-Submissions.

They show you a submission they already reviewed (after their rules and standards). If you vote too different, you will your rating going down/and/or see these notices.

The "wrong behaviour" isnt on Niantics side, it is your behaviour that doesnt reflect Niantics standards.

Trainer! Go and re-read the rules!

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is not a 4 day ban, but a message that you completed reviewing all nominations assigned to you. There simply isn't an indefinite number of nominations in the system despite what some may believe and you only get assigned to review a portion of them. There will be fewer nominations to review in the future as lockdowns get reinstated by local communities do to the upsurge in COVID cases.

• Kroutpiick-PGOKroutpiick-PGO Posts: 370 ✭✭✭✭

This has never been recognised as being a cooldown or a "ban" even if some may have speculated about it.

A cooldown has the message : "A Cooldown has beed activated" + a certain amount of hours to wait.

In either cases, make sure you always review accordingly with criterias; don't go too fast (never go under 20 seconds even if it's a clear rejection or duplicate); dont review with star patterns (don't always give 5*); alternate reviewing and reading this forum, etc.

Otherwise, as TheFarix said, you simply reviewed all available and assigned nominations.

never happened here. guess Niantic will know who they assign to rate indefinate and who should only rate a few.

• KDetected-PGOKDetected-PGO Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited January 2021

That is not a 4 day ban, but a message that you completed reviewing all nominations assigned to you.

Yes, it looks like as you say, but obviously it's a four days ban. There're always a lot of new nominations visible from here, and from other cities from the other part of my country. It's just impossible there're not the one of them for a 4 days in a row, and infinite of them after that.

A cooldown has the message : "A Cooldown has beed activated" + a certain amount of hours to wait.

Yes, I know this message, and when it is, it's obvious the cooldown and you know the time. But this message 'good job' that prevents you to vote for a 4 days (I googled the same notices from the other guys and I involuntarily checked it on practice) is another thing, and it's terrible UX.

yes, but Niantic has set up some Honeypot-Submissions

This makes sense, thank you. I remember before that 4-days ban I saw the same nominations I already voted before. And yes, I can set a different scores to them. Not absolutely different, but +-1 star, just because there're no absolute iron guidlines if the nomination is 4* unique and it has 3* cultural sense. And of course I don't remember all votes I did.

That's weird.

If you vote too different, you will your rating going down/and/or see these notices.

I don't vote too different, as I said, I can set 3-4 stars.. And my rating is 'fair'. And I believe much better is to show where I'm wrong, like show the nomination and tell 'look, you set 5* here for unique, but 87% other persons set it to 2*', then just set a cooldown or few days ban. But it's the thing for another discussion I guess

In either cases, make sure you always review accordingly with criterias; don't go too fast (never go under 20 seconds even if it's a clear rejection or duplicate); dont review with star patterns (don't always give 5*); alternate reviewing and reading this forum, etc.

I'd keep it in mind, thank you!

edited January 2021

(duplicate, removed)

Post edited by KDetected-PGO on

i am still in awe that there are that many folks out there that interpret things drastic different.

from my experience there are alot things in Wayfarer that are not known, so everyone comes up with different interpretations.

• this isnt rocket science. if you are submitting, and reviewing, you will easily find the sweet spots and things to avoid.

well, now it happened to me, too.

So whats this? I cant review since 2 days now.

Why? Does Niantic rather want me to do not contribute to getting off the backlog?

This is insane.

• Agent739107-INGAgent739107-ING Posts: 49 ✭✭

Hello. I have the same situation as these bug reports. I started getting this symptom around 9:30 PM(JST) on January 8, 2021.

• sandra180303-PGOsandra180303-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello together, same problem here. Unfortunately I can't rate any other wayspots either.

• TheZodiac007-PGOTheZodiac007-PGO Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Had it happen awhile back after reviewing only one submission

I was about to start reviewing, but after the first submission I got this message.

• PhiloSo66-INGPhiloSo66-ING Posts: 12 ✭✭

Can you confirm that you can review again after 4 days and the your statut did not go down (fair, poor, etc.)?

i was able to review after 4 days, and i still have the best possible rating

Yes, I can confirm this behavior. Now after 4 days I can finally review again and my status didn't go down.

• EvieEvolved-INGEvieEvolved-ING Posts: 49 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

I have had this happen to me three times in the past month. I had several four-hour cooldowns before November but not since then. Wayfarer seems to have changed the cooldown punishment. It didn’t impact my rating and I could review again after a couple of days.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

**** has had this since Thursday. It is Sunday now. Many of my nominations have gone into voting since, but he hasn't had any of them routed to him because he is still getting the error.

• "Your contributions are gamechangers!" is a false statement because you are not letting them contribute any further when others can.
    • "Swing by later for more reviews!" makes it sound indefinite because there will ALWAYS be more to review.
    • "Good exploring!" makes no sense because it's Wayfarer, and for the most part people are just doing this at their desk.

Would like some more transparency as to what this actually is, because this seems to be an error.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jesus Christ, that word was m.a.t.e. Strongly dislike this unnecessary filter. Are you really trying to completely censor a central part of Australian slang?

• Tntnnbltn-INGTntnnbltn-ING Posts: 809 Ambassador

This is happening to one of my PoGo friends also. Message appears and then no new submissions available for four days, despite there being new portals going from In Queue to In Voting during that time. I got him to set home and bonus locations to other areas (both hadn’t been set) but that also didn’t change it — no new reviews.

He is currently experiencing this 4-day lockout process for the second time in the fortnight.

Welcome to the club, guys.

'They show you a submission they already reviewed (after their rules and standards). If you vote too different, you will your rating going down/and/or see these notices.'

I think it's the reason, because I saw exactly the same nominations before I got that ban. Because 'Avoid the voting patterns' works hardly with 'Remember how did you vote for the nomination two months ago and vote exactly the same'.

Voting now obvious isn't the most nice thing to do now, also you can receive the rejection after couple weeks voting.

I hope Nia would do something with this, because now the system kills itself by demotivating and kicking off the guys who can do good job for the game =|

As I said above, it is not a 4 day ban. It means you have completing reviewing all nominations allocated to you. This happens from time to time as you review nominations faster than they are allocated to your queue, particularly in the winter months or more recently do the the COVID-19 lockdowns. The only way to really reduce this is to slow down on reviewing and don't review so many nominations at once. In short, slow down your pace.

Did you read posts of other guys? It's the 100% 4day ban, because you can't vote for a single nomination for an exactly 4 days, and after that you could do a non-stopping review. And it's not only me.

You just didn't face it, for now..

It could be not a ban only if it's the bug, that's why it's here in this forum

• Cdk296-PGOCdk296-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭

Same here.

I have it regularly. I would like to have more details, especially about the day where the queue of submissions is renewed.

With so many proposition waiting here in my area I don't understand the point of this system. I can have a rough idea on how the agreement measurement are done and the necessity of a fix queue, but this system could be extremely improved.

I think we deserve a reply.

• Sicariana-PGOSicariana-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

I signed up a couple days ago and am experiencing this bug as well. I haven't been able to review anything since day 1.

• mrJtwo-PGOmrJtwo-PGO Posts: 36 ✭✭

It also happens to me, someone who reports this error to Niantic, I have been in this situation for 3 days, I have 4 nominations in the queue that do not advance which is rare for the area where I am.

• LexTolkien-PGOLexTolkien-PGO Posts: 14 ✭✭

Same here, a lot of reviewers in my community are experiencing this soft ban after getting a ton of pictures to review. If Niantic wants us to keep reviewing, then let us and don't give us the "come back later" for 4 days...annoying

• SilverPT-PGOSilverPT-PGO Posts: 22 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

You can argue that it's not a ban/cooldown because you don't get a message saying that, but there's clearly a problem here. Whether this is related to honeypot/abuse-marked turned honeypot nominations or to picture review, you can't just shut down your community for 4 days without no explanation. Because the message that we receive (in my case "Nice work! Swing by later for more reviews!) is simply NOT TRUE. Nor you can ask the community to just "slow down on reviewing" or "don't review so many nominations at once". I don't really need to explain why, right?

I'm also here to give my veredict and to confirm that I've had this cooldown three times in the last three weeks and it always happens after I review a lot of pictures in a row (usually on friday/saturday when I've more time to be on WF). I've taken plenty of time between pictures (or nominations in general) today but it was meaningless. I'm part of the same community as @LexTolkien-ING and like me there are plenty more in the same situation.

Post edited by NianticGiffard on
    edited March 2021

You can claim it is a "cool down" all you like. But Niantic has already confirmed that it is an "end of queue" message that means there are no more nominations to review and is not a cool down. Unless you want to claim that Niantic is lying, at which point, the onus is on you to provide evidence that Niantic is lying.

Oh, and here is my evidence that this is not a cool down. It is a direct statement from @NianticCasey-ING

So the ball is now in your court. Either provide evidence that @NianticCasey-ING is lying or apologize.

• TurckoPT-INGTurckoPT-ING Posts: 36 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Well let me come out and present option C @TheFarix-PGO : None of the above.

Casey is not lying per se: That message CAN show if you run out of things to review. That is absolutely true.

However it can ALSO appear as a masked cooldown.

"Where's the evidence?" You ask? Well, on this very thread you have the following:

• SilverPT (3 cases in 2 weeks)
    • LexTolkien
    • mrJtwo
    • Sicariana
    • Cdk296 (regular reports)
    • KDetected, Tntnnbltn (2 occurrences in a fortnight)
    • HaramDingo (has submissions gone from queue to voting while a friend in his community faces the 'Nothing to review')
    • EvieEvolved (3 times in a month)
    • sandra180303
    • rodensteiner (started this thread and after precisely 4 days was able to review again)
    • TheZodiac007
    • Agent739107 
    • myself: TurckoPT, facing this for the second time

So let me get this explained to you in simple terms, @TheFarix-PGO . I'll use bullet points again for your benefit:

• The message DOES say there is nothing to review at the time.
    • There MAY BE some cases where this is, in fact, true. Thus, Casey wasn't lying at all.
    • There are SEVERAL cases where this message is in fact related to a 4 day cooldown, as stated on a few clear, real, exposed examples ON THIS VERY THREAD.
    • Each time this happens, it takes 3-4 days (72 to 96 hours) for the affected user to be able to review again. All along those 4 days, there is stuff going from In Queue to In Voting in the community. The review flow was consistently going before the 4 days, and it is consistent after (unless the cooldown is triggered again).

There. Facts. And also no apology necessary to anyone. We would just like this cooldown to be displayed like the 4h and 24h cooldowns are.

That is the bug being addressed here.

Post edited by TurckoPT-ING on
This discussion has been closed.