2021 a new beginning

"How are we going to keep Niantic games fresh and exciting "

"how can we speed up nominations request ?"

Tagged:

Comments

• AnaKNOXdown-INGAnaKNOXdown-ING Posts: 117 ✭✭✭

1) Send suggestions to Niantic or community...?

2) Ask more agents/trainers to review

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

#2: Educate people about what makes a good/bad submission.

Let's do some math. For the sake of discussion let's assume that half of the submissions in the queue are good and the other half are garbage-- stuff that meets no criteria, stuff on private residences, stuff that blocks emergency services, is on K-12 school grounds, etc. If we could get submitters to cut back on just half of the total garbage submissions then the queue would move 33% faster.

Niantic can either address the reviewer capacity issue by getting more people to review or getting fewer submissions. I honestly think that if they could walk submitters through the process and guide them about good/bad submissions along the way that they could accomplish both things. The queue would move more quickly because there would be less garbage, and reviewers would be less frustrated by all of the garbage and review more.

• 52cucumbers-ING52cucumbers-ING Posts: 225 ✭✭✭✭

I know a lot of people will probably disagree with me here but I'd also love to see stricter criteria because a lot of the reason why I've cut back on reviewing lately is that I'm absolutely sick of having about half my reviews be boring generic playgrounds. I don't actually mind the cats and the TV-screens because they take me about 5 seconds to review.

I'd review more if I was actually reviewing cool and interesting stuff. As it stands I'm a bit over it and I've had a steady decline in number of reviews since summer to the point where I do less than 10 a week instead of 50+ a day.