Husband and Wife, can they both be Wayfarer helpers?

Hello,

Both my wife and I are pretty new wayfarers. I started a month or so ago, and she began last week. The question I have is this: Can we both be reviewing nominations in our area? Or would that be considered abuse?

The reason I ask is because I'm currently (today and yesterday) in the cooldown doghouse. Not totally sure why, because I thought I'd been doing a good job. Well, whatever reason someone had for the imposed holding pattern, I'm trying to figure out any possible regulatory intent no matter how unlikely.

A bit of background: We are both retired school teachers and have immensely enjoyed our Niantic playtime. Started with PoGo just a week or so after it began. Our kids enjoyed Pokémon when they were young and their kids (our grandkids) love them too. So we all started playing together. Great fun, and keeping the grandparents actively walking. Then WU came along, we immediately went all in. After all, two old school teachers who had spent several years loving the HP stories with our students, we were delighted by the gameplay. Through it all, we've just dabbled in playing ING (just not enough hours in the day, despite what some people say about retirement). So in a nutshell, we are interested in helping Niantic enhance gameplay and would like to help out with POI reviews.

With my recent cooldown episodes, I wonder if someone looking at our situation would have concerns about whether husband/wife reviewers could possibly sit down at the computer, and wife Wayfare for an hour or so, then husband login and work for an hour or so. Or could it appear that we were "ganging up" or scamming the rules somehow. We both have Niantic/Wayfarer accounts and login at separate times. But could this be rationally viewed as husband/wife trying to push POI voting in a certain direction (abuse?).

What are some of your thoughts?

Comments

• oscarc1-INGoscarc1-ING Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭

You and your partner would be seeing different nominations when reviewing, so it won't matter much. As long as you are both well versed with the eligibility criteria, you'll be fine.

My partner reviews as well and sometimes when we are doing it at the same time, we have a good laugh when the exact same nomination appears. So it does happen, but is quite uncommon.

Also don't worry about the cooldowns, Niantic made changes to the system about a year ago that forces everybody into cooldowns after about 10 reviews. It's just a fun way Niantic like to punish slave labor.

• 52cucumbers-ING52cucumbers-ING Posts: 225 ✭✭✭✭

I'm closing in on 2000 reviews and I had my first and only cooldown a couple of weeks ago so I dunno. YMMV.

Either way we're not totaly sure about what triggers them but we can be reasonable confident about it having nothing to do with both you and your wife doing reviews.

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

Do you have a home and a bonus location set up? I've never had a cool down and I wonder if the ability for the system to send you to review somewhere else has something to do with it.

Also, my home location covers a metro area with 14 million people so I guess I'll never run out of submissions to evaluate...

• 52cucumbers-ING52cucumbers-ING Posts: 225 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

I have both set. Running out of submissions is the least of my worries too :)

• BaltiCalling-INGBaltiCalling-ING Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife and I both review on our own Wayfarer accounts. We don't review on each other's.

I've never come across one of her submissions during review, nor has she come across mine.

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭

From what I can tell cooldowns are entirely based on how quickly you review (there may be some component of pattern recognition but based on personal experience I doubt it).

Here is why I say that; I review two ways, on my IPad when I'm hanging with the family on the couch, or on my laptop when I am working and I have Wayfarer running in the background. When I am working I usually review once stop every 3-5 minutes. I get through maybe 30-50 in an average day. While I am on my IPad I tend to review more quickly. Usually 1-2 minutes per review. The only time I get locked out is when I am on my IPad just mindlessly reviewing, usually once a week. I NEVER get locked out when I am on my PC. The only difference is how quickly I am reviewing. I also review way more while I'm sitting at my desk over the course of a day. I've had similar conversations wit a local group of trainers that I talk with, as we try to coordinate submissions.

My advice is slow down. Set a timer if you need to. If you wait at least 1 minute before submitting your review I can almost guarantee the cooldowns will go away.