What proportion of submissions do you approve?

Hi there, new reviewer here. I've only reviewed a handful of submissions so far, and this morning my status was downgraded to "Poor," so I'm clearly doing something wrong (yes, I have read all the criteria). It looks like I might have a chance to reset my status (one time only), but I don't want to pull the trigger on that until I figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I know what the criteria are and I know there's room for judgment. What I DON'T know is if I'm being too permissive or too critical. Am I rejecting too many submissions, or am I waving too many through? Out of 52 reviews, I've had 11 "accept" agreements and 2 "reject" agreements, so my guess is that I'm being too critical. I wish there was a way to review past submissions so I could see why people agreed or disagreed with my call.

So, my question is: what proportion/percentage of submissions do you generally approve (ballpark, obviously). Are you approving 1 in 10? 2 out of 3? 1 out of 20?

I also feel wishy-washy about a lot of submissions. If I don't feel strongly and I give it a 3, that's still an "accept," right? I'm not getting dinged if my "accept" vote isn't as strong as someone else's?

Tagged:

Comments

  • sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

    As far as we know, a 3* rating on any question is an "accept" rating. Some may say "not proven", but my basic "accept" score for an average "meh - we have to put this one through" submission like a trailmarker is 33333(3-5) and that seems to be feflected in my scores.

    Not everything you review is reviewed by everybody else on the same day. Experience of reviewing has shown me your stats will alter up to a month after you have done a series of reviews as things work there way through the system. Your rating may change as a result of this.

    Look at your overall score for your reviewing, that is "Accepted" + "Rejected" + "Duplicated". There is no way to say "You should accept xx% of submissions" as we all get different ones to review and sometimes I see a series of subs where 9/10 get rejected. Other days it goes the other way.

    Currently my overall score is running about 65% "correct" after about 46,000 reviews. I'd like to know where I'm "going wrong" with the other 35%, but Niantic currently provide no form of reviewer feedback to allow us to improve. I wish they would.

  • Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

    I accept 41.7%, reject 54.0%, and mark 4.3% as duplicates. As you can tell from the enclosed screenshot that's over more than 17,000 reviews. The duplicate number is low overall because for years there was no stat for it. For the last year I'm at 41.6%, 50.1%, and 8.3%.

    Yes, a 3* is a weak acceptance. We don't have information about whether you get dinged if your vote isn't as strong, but I suspect that the answer is no.




  • Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

    For what is worth I'm running agreements at 50% rejected, 47% accepted and 3% duplicates, for a total of about 50% agreements on a little over 2000 reviews since I started reviewing a couple of months ago. My rating has been great after my first 100 reviews.

    I don't think you have enough history to conclude much and reject rates are dependent on overall submission quality in your area. Browse this forum, particularly nomination improvement, and the wayfarer reddit to get an idea of how experienced reviewers think (that's what I did, even before starting to review) and your rating will surely improve.

  • Raachermannl-INGRaachermannl-ING Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I cant figure it out right now, because I lost my sheets, when I calculated my numbers for the changes during OPR times. I remember only the percentages. So in the follwoing the %-numbers are onle the ratio of the nominations accepted divided by nominations accepted + rejected from the profile page.

    • OPR-times, before PoGo was allowed to submit: acceptance ratio of a bit more than 60%
    • OPR-times, when German PoGo-Submitting-Beta startet: went down under 20%, later slowly growing to ~40% again

    At the moment I can only guess. I can't calculate it, because i don't know the absolute numbers from the two other reviewing ages. My guess:

    • ~30-35% according to the agreements, but while reviewing its less. I would guess only 25% of the things get my thumbs up. Reason is simple: I assume, that I'm a harder reviewer than the average, at least better in identifying fakes, that nethertheless get waved through by too many people and way too often....
  • MessiPy-INGMessiPy-ING Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

    57% accepted, 40% rejected and 3% duplicates

  • raistlinxw-INGraistlinxw-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭

    Total Nominations Reviewed

    9598

    Nominations Accepted

    3489

    Nominations Rejected

    709

    Nominations Duplicated

    10

    I'm generally permissive, and I also don't seem to get as much trash as others.

  • Kroutpick-PGOKroutpick-PGO Posts: 362 ✭✭✭

    My current agreements stats are :

    36,7% accepted

    23,9% rejected

    3,6% duplicate

    10,9% other agreements


    (Total : 75% agreements / Great rating)

  • BlackOmegon-INGBlackOmegon-ING Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

    Currently on 'Great' rating

    52.5% Rejected

    42% Accepted

    4.8% Duplicate

    Way too much coal in the system

  • AgentX1976-INGAgentX1976-ING Posts: 416 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Current...

    Nominations Accepted 13771

    Nominations Rejected 9398

    Nominations Duplicated 490

    I will say that when we started reviewing, OPR days, I started out my first 5k agreements were 2k Accepted and 3k rejected. As nominations were opened back up it flipped and more good PoI were submitted because people knew what was gooing to get votes so I went from 66% being rejected to a good 75% being accepted.

    With the expansion of nominations opened up to a new player base the % has gone back down. I don't think it's as bad as the beginning but I would say around 50% accepted now. Maybe depending ok the day or area it bumps back and forth. But the seperation between my totals has remained around 4k for a while.

  • patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Per January 23, 2021

    Total: 8545

    Accepted: 2055

    Rejected: 2898

    Duplicate: 203

    (60.34% agreement rate, still in Great rating)

    Extra:

    Wayfarer Badge agreements count in Pokemon GO: 5526 (idk why the number is incorrect)

  • Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @patsufredo-PGO I believe the answer to your last is because PoGo counted edit agreements toward the badge before they had a stat for it in the UI, but I'm relying on memory for that.

  • TheNonFutile-INGTheNonFutile-ING Posts: 37 ✭✭

    1991 Agreements from 3196 reviews. 991 accepted, 842 rejected. 103 dupes. 61% agreement %age (although it's usually 60%), always been in Great.

  • cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 774 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I think when you do too many reviews before they can be processed, it makes your rating go down. Just let the system catch up before you do any more. But since you asked, here are my stats:

    Total Nominations Reviewed

    15800 Agreements

    Processed and Agreement 11859 (75%)

    Nominations Accepted 6524

    Nominations Rejected 3771

    Nominations Duplicated 503

    Other Agreements 1061


  • PokePravin1-PGOPokePravin1-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

    I Think Our Indian Wayfare System is too Old Why they not give stars to those nomination that are eligible in wayfarer.But Our wayfare aprrove only temple,park,statue and water tank these type of things are not everywhere. Some People Lives in Rural Area So Not So Many things They get to nominate after they hardly complete LVL 38 But What we do we reject but other contry wayfarer system is too good

  • Thor3381-INGThor3381-ING Posts: 209 ✭✭✭

    @patsufredo-PGO there are indeed the edits that that count for the medal ( @Hosette-ING Now for ingress as well)

    But there have been moments that agreements counted double for the medals)

Sign In or Register to comment.