Historical well in proximity of a private property

Hello, I’ve recently submitted a pokestop that included a historical well. Now, I know the criteria, but the reasons it was rejected were multiple. Actually some were even out of place. It was rejected because

1) The real-world location of the nomination appears to be on private residential property or farm. But this is actually not the case. And this is tricky because I spoke to the person living next to it and they said the well is property of the city.

2) Insufficient evidence that the nomination accurately reflects the submitted real-world location based on comparison of the submitted photo and map views. Now this one I get it, I’m gonna make a street view of it when the days are gonna be sunny. No issue here.

3) The real-world location of the nomination appears to have explicit or inappropriate activity. Now this one is completely out of place and is also the reason why 2 of my other pokestops got rejected that were perfectly eligible (apart from not having the street view which I’ll try and make)

What are my chances of it ever getting accepted? And what can I do?

Best Answer

• SPD85-PGOSPD85-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Given the information that you provided, I don't know where the object is exactly in relation to the neighboring home. However, Niantic's definition of private property does not necessarily align with local governments. They have stated that for purposes of reviewing, the strip of land between the sidewalk and the street, for example, is to be considered private property even if the land is technically city property. That might be the case for your submission. In addition, some people will give it the PRP if it encourages people to go onto a neighbor's property.

Answers