Rejected for Inappropriate activity

Hello!

I'm looking for some clarification/further explanation about what this means and why my nomination was rejected: "The real-world location of the nomination appears to have explicit or inappropriate activity, Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria."

My nomination was of a local public Clinic, which I thought would be a good nomination as it is a central area for various health services for the community. It is along a main road, but has a large open pathway with plenty of walking access, and it is a short walk from a playground.

My main confusion is about the "explicit or inappropriate activity" which was listed as my rejection reason. What does this mean, and can I improve this nomination at all or is it just deemed 'inappropriate'?

Thanks for any help and feedback

Comments

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a health care facility. Playing there (or exploring/exercising/being social, to quote the criteria) would be inappropriate in my opinion as well, so I think this rejection is perfectly valid.

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

For me it doesn't look like a strong nomination but I'd say that a community healthcare facility that offers something like support group meetings, healthy living or exercise classes or some other sociable and helpful activity could be eligible for those reasons. In general though, probably not eligible.

• oscarc1-INGoscarc1-ING Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is just a generic business, there are thousands of similar clinics all around Melbourne.

We have a Melbourne Wayfarers chat you might be interested in, lots of us discuss nominations and help to improve them. Not sure how to add you, but if you're in the Melbourne PoGo Facebook group, make a request in there and somebody should be able to add you.

• SeaprincessHNB-PGOSeaprincessHNB-PGO Posts: 1,608 Ambassador

It is really hard to get medical facilities approved. While it would be nice to have a POI accessible in the waiting area, they really don't meet any criteria. And many should be rejected for obstructing emergency services.

We often get around this by nominating something else that is eligible on the grounds of a non-emergency services medical office. So if there is a statue or mural or fountain at this office complex, nominate that instead.

• heyyitsmike-PGOheyyitsmike-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

I agree that this particular nomination doesn't sell eligibility criteria well, but I disagree that this nomination, or almost any outpatient clinic obstructs emergency services. Almost as a rule, emergency services like emergency departments, intensive care departments, emergency transportation, don't operate out of outpatient clinics. One exception may be urgent care clinics that have semi-regular ambulance transportation taking patients to an actual ER. We can put a little more effort into considering what it means to obstruct emergency services than to just slap "emergency services" on anything that seems medically related.