Would like some suggestions on training nomination

Description:

We’re bringing smart, focused and sustainable personal training to Edmond, OK. We are a private independent gym in Edmond, Oklahoma that specializes in health and fitness through online, small groups, and private personal training.

Supporting information:

Criteria - Places that encourages exercising and encourages us to be our healthiest selves. A great place to be social with others. A great place for exploration- independent gym boy belonging to a chain for people to get to know

Any suggestions or critiques would be welcomed. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldnt exactly say a gym is for exploration. But the other two 100%. Im not sure if you grabbed your description off the website of the gym or not, some reviewers will rate low because of it so be aware of that. It just reads as if you pulled it off there website is all. Should be eligible. Ive tried submitting a few gyms a few times with rejections all around so good luck :)

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

some people will reject just because your hands are showing in the glass. be aware of reflections.

up until the recent criteria change, gyms had to have a super reason to be accepted - say a world famous athlete trained there. and not all reviewers are aware that these should be eligible now. like the last person said, i have never been able to get a business through just as the business, no matter how well it meets criteria. i have always had better luck submitting artwork inside the business.

if you try again, take care with your nomination photo. i don't mind the copy and paste description, but i would put quotes around it. or just say something like local independent gym for all your fitness needs.

in the supporting information you can provide a link to the gym's website for reviewers. make sure you don't overflow the text box by writing too much - keep it around 200 characters or reviewers won't see all you wrote. say something like it meets all three criteria of exercise, a great place to be social with others, and exploration for discovering something new

good luck!

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

Copy/pasted descriptions from other sources are absolutely forbidden under the Wayfarer rejection criteria:

Ineligible text or description

Title and/or description seems copied and pasted from other sources, includes emojis, tags, or personally identifiable information such as codenames, personal names or initials, or addresses.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't see why your nomination is any different from any other commercial "pay to get fit" gyms - 1*  The object is mass-produced, generic, or not visually unique or interesting. The photo certainly does not inspire any interest.

Copying your description from the Gym Facebook page is not allowed - automatic 1* rejection for "3rd party text".

• DarthFuego86-PGODarthFuego86-PGO Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited February 2021

You can't mass produce independent gyms. New criteria does allow businesses and they they are unique to this area would actually meet criteria for exploration, finding a new place.

2 main criteria have been met with a place to exercise and socialization

Yes i understand i need to tweak the description

• LieboOSBA-PGOLieboOSBA-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭

I would 1* this.

Are you you the proprietor of this gym by any chance?

Description reads like an advert and looks like an advert, it probably is an advert.