Whole playground vs each slide or play in it

Hi, I am a quite new wayfarer. So don't be that hard on me.

I was wondering if a slide or something like that on a playground should be accepted as waypoint. Even if the whole playground is already a waypoint.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

Not generally. The slide would usually be considered a duplicate of the playground waypoint unless there was a significant distance between (like if they are different areas of the park and considered separate play areas).

The only exception I can think of if if the slide was eligible in its own right aside from being play equipment - maybe if it were particularly artistic - but that would be unusual.

• Kroutpiick-PGOKroutpiick-PGO Posts: 370 ✭✭✭✭

Agree with @FrealafGB-PGO

Also, from Niantic Wayfarer: November AMA :

Playgrounds have long been a source of debate among nominators and reviewers alike, can you clarify when they should be accepted vs. rejected? 

Playground equipment in parks or other public places are great candidates for inclusion. Not only are they great places to meet and be social but they also can encourage exercise! There are a few notable exceptions to this though, playgrounds on K-12 / primary and secondary schools are ineligible. Additionally, individual pieces of playground equipment that are submitted separately are not eligible, even though the playground at large may be. Rather, the individual pieces of equipment should be marked as duplicates to there’s just the one Wayspot for the whole playground.

• Otacon1980-PGOOtacon1980-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

Thanks for clarifying. That helped a lot.