Restore Portal/Pokestop: Mural Hope por Edis1 - 2016

Title of the Wayspot: Mural Hope por Edis1 - 2016

City: Loures

Screenshot of the Rejection Email: Asking to RESTORE Removed portal.

Photos to support your claim:

Portal photo:

NOT on the roundabout

On their daily comute to work there is informal walking along the blue line (even without sidewalk) and there is a PERFECTLY SAFE walking path along the yellow line, both of the in touching distance of where the portal was.

A view of the yellow path painted in the above picture, you can see it's safe and soft green grass, with plenty of walking space.:

Additional information: I'm all in favor of removing portals in roundabouts, but this mural is on the wall, perfectly visible from Streetview, and should not have been removed.

Tagged:

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you really walking on a grass?

Either way, the mural still has no safe pedestrian access. You'll be endangered yourself if you're trying to scan this Wayspot.

• TurckoPT-INGTurckoPT-ING Posts: 36 ✭✭✭

People walk by it everyday on the way to the nearest bus stop. And yes, you can be at the center of the portal for an Ultrastrike from the grass above it.

There is nothing forbiding portals near roundabouts or roads. You can phisically touch the wall without ever being in range of a car or having to cross a dangerous road.

I will be happy to go there and take a selfie from a perfectly safe location, touching the portal, if needed :)

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

An obvious example of a "no pedestrian access" Waypoint.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no sidewalk in front of the mural, so it doesn't have pedestrian access.

• TurckoPT-INGTurckoPT-ING Posts: 36 ✭✭✭

I'm so glad you all live in super developped countries with wide sidewalks EVERYWHERE.

I can only dream of such luxury, and live the rest of my days in envy.

However:

• I provided ample proof of safe ways to access the portal that, let me state this again, IS NOT ON THE ROUNDABOUT and has an informal walking path in front of it, and also behind it;
    • I live there, walk there, know the traffic there. You, on the other hand, do not.

As always, your wise inputs from living miles away on the other side of the world are greatly appreciated and valued TheFarix, thanks! As they say: "A post where TheFarix does not disagree with you is not worth posting".

• BleedBoss-PGOBleedBoss-PGO Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

Going to quote this for truth. Different situations have different treatment in different countries, hence the word "DIFFERENT".

Knowing the place myself, it is perfectly acessible safely within COUNTRY LAWS by foot. Hence, it's as valid a portal as any other.

Stop trying to enforce your McDonalds BS on the rest of the world.

• Appeal Denied - Thanks for the appeal, Agent. We have taken another look but stand by our decision to retire this Portal.