charity association rejected

Could someone explain to me why a charitable association, which is also an Afro-Brazilian religious center, is illegible?

I call for a review, because the criteria were not used with common sense. There are 3 nearby Christian churches that have been accepted, but the Afro-Brazilian charity center has not.

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador
    1. Put more effort into the description/extra information
    2. the banner looks temporarily, do you have a permanent sign? Otherwise maybe try the building
    3. If you got, put a weblink to extra information about the centre in the extra information
    4. don't show the fence in front of the house, show the path to it.
  • SrSunnySky-PGOSrSunnySky-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

I understood what you wrote, however, the name of pokestop is readable and easy to understand of what is being discussed.

The non-acceptance of pokestop, speaking as an appraiser and understanding of the criteria, gives a prejudiced idea, since the description used in this pokestop is the same as that of a nearby evangelical church.

In Brazil, the criteria for religious centers of which they are not Christians, is extremely specific and disrespectful.

What's more, two arguments used for illegibility are that the location was "The actual location of the indication appears to be sensitive (for example, non-historic or culturally significant headstones or cemeteries), The title or description of the indication contains emojis or emoticons" . In both it is a huge fallacy in the criterion.

• purplepopple-INGpurplepopple-ING Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

I think it has an awful description. "Religious Center". Well okay then, that does a bang up job of not explaining how it passes as a historic or cultural place.

Added to that, I know some reviewers will fail it because the photo orientation is landscape, not portrait. (I don't want to go round on this issue again.)

I think it is a really good nomination that should pass, but as shown now it doesn't deserve more than 3*.

I would buy the discrimination aspect as I have seen it with Mexican submissions where unless Roman Catholic, no dice. That said, knowing there is bias, I would work to make sure you have what looks like the best you can because you need that to overcome bias. (Alas, same as racism in real life. You just can't be as good as the dominant group; you gotta be better.)

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

Na verdade, a descrição e a informação complementar são insuficientes.

Quando eu estou avaliando uma igreja, seja da denominação que seja, quem fez a proposta poder contar con que eu estou familiarizado com o que uma igreja é. Uma descrição simples é tudo o que é preciso porque a foto diz tudo o que tem que ser dito.

Mas no seu caso, a foto não diz claramente que é um centro religioso, o que diz e que lá se faz jogo de búzios e cartas. No meu conhecimento Isso não él muito distinto do Tarot. Então é importante de você dar na informaçāo completar o suporte de porque o jogo de búzios él un ato religioso.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Added to that, I know some reviewers will fail it because the photo orientation is landscape, not portrait. (I don't want to go round on this issue again.)"

Who are these "some reviewers"? If you know them, have you informed them they have misunderstood the criteria?

You will be called out for spreading this misunderstanding! Please, stop.

• purplepopple-INGpurplepopple-ING Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

There are no groups on Telegram that Inam aware of in Spain where reviewers discuss things. Based in waypoints I review and looking for duplicates i have yet to see a landscape waypoint. They just do not happen where I review. They do not hapoen fuñl stop.

@Kellerrys-ING , I appreciate your wanting to repeatedly correct me even if I have been told I am wrong. But I am at a complete loss here. Por favor ¿como podría explicar este a gente en España? Which Facebook groups? Which telegram groups? Which WhatsApp groups? ¡por fi! ¿Donde? Where are they that I may tell fellow reviewers about this?

Until you are able to tell me where I may contact local reviewers who do reject, don't jump around and follow me to say that. It doesn't **** any good, and it does a disservice to some nominator because they will be rejected for that reason.

Entonces sí, muchas gracias por la asistencia con contactos en España. Buscé mucho y no podría ver estos grupos. Muchísimas gracias. Prefiero WhatsApp si es posible.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anecdote. I checked my 25 latest accepted POIs. Result: 18 landscape photos, 7 portrait photos.

@PoppleinMadrid-PGO

I don't follow you, I've been active long time in these subforums. You (singular) are the only one I remember ever claiming that landscape photos are a reason for rejection.

You don't need to contact anyone if you don't know "some reviewers will fail it because the photo orientation is landscape, not portrait", you just need to stop spreading the misinformation.

You're doing a disservice to nominators by advicing them to take worse photos for no reason.

--

Apologies to OP for off topic.

I agree that if it'd help to offer more information in the description and a link in support section. For an outsider it's not obvious that the place is a religious center / place of worship.

I would propably have accepted it as s culture center anyway, but the description left me a bit confused.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was rejected because charity centers are not inherently eligible. The churches were accepted because they are places of worship, but just because a charity center is affiliated with a church does not mean that the center inherits the church's eligibility.