Coffee shop- explicit or inappropriate activity?

Confused as to why a nomination showing coffee paraphernalia is deemed explicit?

Next time I’ll submit with a photo of the door or something.

Comments

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

Is that the only reason you received? Other reasons might be more important and this one a mistake. Also, i think some reviewers confuse inappropriate location with mismatched location, and what they are really saying is that they can't be sure that your nomination is where you say it is.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rejection reasons may not always be correct.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I am guessing that was a misclick on the reason by a reviewer, and since it was upgraded, not a lot of folks reviewed it to get it through faster.

Usually art goes through easier than a business, but this photo could be better. Back up a little if you resubmit and get it in focus better. I can't see your supporting photo, but it needs to show the art in place. This does kind of look like a chalkboard with a temporary drawing, so I am not sure it will go through, but it is rather ornate for something temporary.

Coffee shops have better acceptance rates than most local businesses, so submitting the door with the name might be the way to go - as long as this is a local shop and not a big chain.

• Fifikinsx-PGOFifikinsx-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭

Thanks. I resubmitted it without the symphony- which my partner said if you didn’t know what it was you might confuse it for drug paraphernalia and the skull.

• AmaStarly-PGOAmaStarly-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi, I received the exact same rejection. My nomination was rejected for explicit or inappropriate activity. I am very confused. I nominated a popular coffee and donut shop. I posted a photo of the name of the location and a photo of the building. I don’t understand why it was not accepted! So bizarre.

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

The consensus seems to be that most inappropriate activity rejections are either reviewers misunderstanding what it should be used for or misclicking, so ignore that. If you want advice on why your nomination might be improved, please post the details and we can take a look.