Legit playground nomination not accepted

KripyCan2k-PGOKripyCan2k-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited February 2021 in Nomination Improvement

Hi! Can someone explain to me why was this nomination not accepted? This is a legit nomination that should be 5* accepted. There is no duplicate because there is only 1 other wayspot near this.

I can't believe I reviewed so much to get an upgrade only to get 2 of my nominations not accepted.

Comments

• KripyCan2k-PGOKripyCan2k-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

The email Niantic sent me says that this nomination is not culturally or historically significant and that the photo quality was bad.

BRUH??? I always give playgrounds at least 3 stars on culture and historical significance.

This nomination should be accepted..

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

the picture is a little dark so maybe try taking it on a nice bright sunny day, maybe try focussing on the swingset or just one object of the playground in the main photo then use supporting for the rest? Looks to be community spot in and around appartments. Just try and submit again

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eligible and should have been accepted, yes. But 5*, no.

Apartment complex playgrounds are not everybody's favourites things to revies and are sometimes treated harshly. Rejection reasons in the email are wrong, though I can easily someone giving 1* for cultural value.

You've propably missed stars in several places. Fine tune your nomination a little.

Title: Taidemaalarinkatu 1 leikkipaikka (otsikko, ei kaikkia isolla alkukirjaimella)

Description: Taloyhtiön leikkipaikka Kuninkaantammen(?) vuonna 2020 valmistuneella asuinalueella. Tjsp.

Use landscape mode for main photo, there's a lot of wasted space in the current. Support photo angle shows the place better.

As satelliteview is old and you offer no proof through other sources, the best you can hope for location is 3*. Photosphere would help in this case.

• KripyCan2k-PGOKripyCan2k-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Do I need to upgrade this nomination again if I want to nominate it again? Because I am actually done reviewing other players nominations while my own nominations are getting rejected even tho they are legit.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of times upgraded nominations get rejected unless they are unquestionably 5* because they go through voting so fast and so few people seem to need to vote on them. You might be better off not upgrading when you resubmit.

Kellerrys already gave you some good suggestions for improving your nomination. If the playground does not show on the map yet, sometimes placing a photosphere will convince reviewers it is there. Use the Google Street View app to take one and upload it later on wifi. I'm old and I could figure out how to do it XD

Can't figure out what triggered the not culturally relevant rejection. The low quality photo rejection might have just been because they couldn't tell where the playground actually is from the photos or because the nomination photo appears to be just a cropped version of the supporting. I encourage you to submit this again.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

The average queue time is over six months in Helsinki area and rising. Latest decision I got without upgrade was in April 2020. If you want results, upgrades are the only way at the moment.

We're close to border and it makes the whole upgrade process more frustrating for all involved. You've done reviews so you've propably seen nominations from Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithueinia, Belarus, Sweden...

My slightly cynical "advice" is nowadays this. Make the nominations as good as possible. Hope you happen to get good reviewers but also be mentally prepared for disappointments and frustration.