C.O.R.E-Abo and Wayfarer ...

Have you heard of the new C.O.R.E. subscription for Ingress?

I think this is useless and very expensive.

Why isn't Niantic offering additional wayfarer submissions in the in-game shops?

People would like to have them when they set out to expand an area. Especially on longer hikes, the contingent is quickly exhausted and you want more submissions.

Niantic could also introduce a double upgrade system.

An upgrade to have a submission queued for evaluation and an upgrade to be given priority during the evaluation.

Upgrades that you purchase through Wayfarer by evaluating yourself should be able to be used as an alternative.

These upgrades should also be available in the in-game shop. It should also be possible to use these upgrades as an alternative.

I could think of batches for 10, 50, 100 submissions and upgrades.

Of course, neither the upgrades nor the submissions should guarantee that the waypoints will be approved.

What should an additional submission cost?

What should an upgrade cost?

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not particularly related to Wayfarer. Wait until the same subscription live in PoGO.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine the rage if you paid for a nomination and it's rejected incorrectly.

It's better not to give these ideas to Niantic

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a devil's advocate response: Imagine how much more loudly people would complain when their "awesome, great" submission was rejected after they paid a fee to expedite the review.

I'm personally a fan of and subscriber to C.O.R.E. I'm not a big fan of paying for submissions or upgrades. I'd much rather see additional rewards for people who do many high-quality reviews.

• DerWelfe2205-PGODerWelfe2205-PGO Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

If anything people should be able to earn more submissions through constant good work. Niantic could set the bar high to make sure that people who only want the rewards get filtered out.

Maybe something like this: After 25 K agreements and 100 accepted submissions of your own you should get unlimited submissions.

There are people who did more than 100000 reviews and they get the same amount of submissions as anybody else. Ridiculous.

• 52cucumbers-ING52cucumbers-ING Posts: 225 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

What are people going to do with unlimited submissions? You're going to submit more than one nomination a day for eternity? Sooner or later you run out of stuff to nominate and honestly, even more nominations is not how to fix the long voting times.

I like C.O.R.E and don't mind forking out some money for the extra inventory space (the base game is free after all). I would like to be able to expand my inventory with currency earned in-game like PoGo has but I would also like a Ferrari and I've got neither.

There should be a bigger separation between Wayfarer and the different games it serves now and in the future. Connecting wayfarer "stuff" to paid things in the different games is not that. It'll just create even more friction than the current system already does.

• DerWelfe2205-PGODerWelfe2205-PGO Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

"What are people going to do with unlimited submissions? You're going to submit more than one nomination a day for eternity?"

Pretty much that, yes.

People who constantly submit high quality POI and review a lot should not be held to the same standards as people who submit their garden gnome and don't review at all.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

People may laugh at this, but I've already seen a few cases where people who submitted a nomination as part of an Ingress Anomaly a few years ago complain when those portals were removed. Their position was that since those portals were "paid for" by their Anomaly registration fee, that Niantic had no right to remove them and they should have been exempt from the removal criteria.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paying extra on top of the "free work" that we do when reviewing is already a time sink really sounds self-defeating.

As what Hosette as said, give additional rewards to people who consistently submit high-quality nominations, review a lot remaining at the great status, and maybe possibly allow better privileges.

People who constantly submit high quality POI and review a lot should not be held to the same standards as people who submit their garden gnome and don't review at all.

Substitute garden gnome to trees, concrete paths, children's faces, random mechanics and worthless couch attempts, and that is EXACTLY how it feels right now, somebody who has reviewed over 20,000 things and probably have about 500+ approved nominations is held at the same standard as someone who just started reviewing a week ago and did enough reviews to upgrade their nomination of a photo of a trash can taken from their car.

i.e: I really believe Wayfarer should have tier levels, based on total Wayfarer activity.

• 52cucumbers-ING52cucumbers-ING Posts: 225 ✭✭✭✭

I think people in general (as in "the majority", not everyone before someone says they've run out and everything they submit is top notch) have access to too many nominations so they see no problem "wasting" them on questionable submissions.

I kind of agree that people who submit high quality needs to be prioritised but maybe instead of rewarding them start taking nominations away from those who are submitting the **** then? The net result would be the same, good submitters have access to more nominations, but the total amount of stuff that can make it into the queue goes down.

Just increasing the potential amount of good nominations will not remove the bad ones.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting a a nice Waypoint accepted is a reward enough for me. I'm afraid that "additional rewards to people who consistently submit high-quality nominations" would in practice mean that

-local high priority areas would spammed even more full of playgrounds

-backlog in low priority areas would get even bigger

-valid, interesting nominations would be even rarer -> motivation drop for reviewers

--

I'm usually more in favor of carrot than stick, but in the current nomination situation...

Straight 30 days bans for selfie and living room type nominations. No warnings. Rights/priviledge to nominate returned only after passing the Wayfarer test!