How many of your nominations that should pass are rejected?

How many of your nominations that should pass are rejected? 20 votes

Less than 10%
20%
oscarc1-INGPurptacular-PGOHosette-INGflatmatt-PGO 4 votes
10%-20%
10%
HaramDingo-INGLukeAllStars-ING 2 votes
20%-30&
5%
XeZar66-ING 1 vote
40%-50%
15%
Euthanasio2-PGOtoniukupaoni-ING00KiubaNo12-PGO 3 votes
50%-60%
15%
Rodensteiner-PGODerWelfe2205-PGOMormegil71-ING 3 votes
60%-70%
5%
dev1linside-ING 1 vote
70%-80%
15%
4Pro4IV-PGOSKisHERE-INGMilenaDgv1969-PGO 3 votes
80%-90%
10%
Spakulator-PGOpurplepopple-ING 2 votes
Literally all of them
5%
1ACoonerMatata1-PGO 1 vote

Comments

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less than 10%

I'm going to have to make some judgement calls about "should pass" on my own submissions, because some of them were either marginal or the candidates were good and I did a poor job of creating the submission. I'm looking at only things 2019 and beyond because the system has changed so much that I don't feel like earlier data are relevant.

24 submissions, 18 of which were accepted but one took multiple tries. Of the rejections:

One was a cool artistic bike rack shaped like a dog with a leash. It was cute and probably should have passed. I don't think my submission was bad. Counting this one as incorrect.

One was a neighborhood history sign but it was on brand new construction and I thought I provided enough evidence to locate it but apparently not. Counting this one as marginal..

One was a really cool cocktail lounge in an extremely famous hotel, and the walls were beautiful swooping curvilinear walls of bottles. This probably should have passed but I could have submitted it better. I'll count it as marginal.

One was a new local mural that I did not submit well so submitters couldn't find it. Counting this one as my fault.

Two were cool local businesses but in both cases I did a poor job of the submission. Counting them as my fault.

One was an artistic fountain that took multiple submissions. It was a hard one to review and after each of the two rejections I took the opportunity to improve the quality of my submission. Counting this one as my fault.

So, of 24... One "bad" rejection, two marginal ones. I'll count the two marginal ones as one bad rejection, so 2/24.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador
    10%-20%

I do have good review rates but some rejections are incredible. I can understand some rejections but rejecting an information sign for not meeting criteria and mismatched, even though I have multiple prooves in the extra information is pretty annoying.

• purplepopple-INGpurplepopple-ING Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    80%-90%

Everything I have submitted has failed, mutiple times. The only thing I have had pass is something that is 3 meters to close to appear in Ingress. Also, I would say that if it wasn't a local cultural thing in Spain, the nomination that passed wouldn't meet the normal criteria for passing.

some things that should pass here will never pass. This includes submissions in orientation of landscape. I have seen in the Niantic Wayfarer group in the Spanish language with mostly Mexicans say that submissions in landscape fail always. (And because I have been corrected here multiple times, I have let people know that landscape can pass. Doesn't make a difference. )

Fountains here always pass. New, old, drinking, ones for getting gallons of drinking water, ones with no historic importance, they pass.

I have gotten 8 stops deleted for being at schools or not existing. I have gotten one of 19 passed.

:(

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10%-20%

I am probably around the 10-20% mark. Each time I get an incredulous rejection that baffles even most others, I often have to try to pacify being upset by asking people what was wrong with the nomination, but then most of the advice is to resubmit because I had a bad set of reviewers. Just an attempt to justify the nomination and find out whether I was wrong or the majority who saw the nomination.

That is, what I do though, and maybe after 6 months later I would resubmit and it would go through the second time around, possibly the third time.

• toniukupaoni-INGtoniukupaoni-ING Posts: 41 ✭✭
    40%-50%

It's 40-50%. My playgrounds, sport fields and street art are often hit by "Not historically/culturally significant or visually unique". There's also the case of an art gallery which is now rejected for the 36th time.

Basically, if it isn't a playground, sport fields, mural, it is very likely. And if it's any of those 3, there is a possibility it gets rejected.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador
    10%-20%

I got both surprised approvals on "subjective" POIs but also strange rejections.

Two examples:

Not a very special object, super bad picture but still accepted

There is no URL/HTML and the object is a plaque and not a person. The URL is in the supplemental information and someone else didn't understand the rejection reason "person"