Could somebody tell me what is wrong with this submition?

Hi, I try this one many many times, and I dont know if it´s not valide competely, or I do the photo wrong, or the description, or what.

Adrian Charles Plaque

"Plaque and tree in Knighton Park, planted in 2006, in honor to Charles Hilldrup, Councillor of Knighton Town and Mayor"

Main and secundary photo below. Apart from that, I tried to do the main photo from another angle once (i dont know why i cant find it among my submisions), like from an oblique angle, so the plaque was the 90% of the photo (so you could read it), but it was possible to see the bench in the background (because the bech is visible from google maps). A clear shot, that was refused because of... a bad photo, or something like that (I cant remember). other not valide answer were.. for example, because it was a tumb......

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

what were the rejection reasons named in the rejection mail?

For me this looks fine, maybe clean up the sign a bit^^

• well... i tried like... 4-5 times?, so... My translation will be a bit random may, but you will have an idea.

-It´s not fulfill the criteria.

-There are no proof about location.

-It wa a tumb. A tumb!!!!

-Something about a person.

-Bad quality photo?... ah!, no, i found it: the photo is in angle! haha (that was the oblique photo).

And this is the location: the small tree in the photo, the bench next to it, and the goal at the end of the brown trail in the background, which is a portal already.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

What criteria does it meet? To me, this "Does not seem to be a great place of exploration, place for exercise, or place to be social"

• Aeryle88-PGOAeryle88-PGO Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

It seems to be an abusive reject...

Look fine for me.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

I get you, but I'd say with the correct text it can be a historical object -> a great place for exploration.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Satellite view is so... unclear that it's difficult to give more than 3* for location. And no, it's not clear that the blot of different colour is a bench.

Consider a photosphere or at least point out the spots to look for from the satellite view. In support text naturally.

Sell the importance of the person the tree was planted for reviewers. Do a bit of research. Who/what organisation was behind the dedication, why did they think he was worth it? Is there a reason tulip tree was chosen? Something else worth mentioning?

ps. Have you checked that the football field and the plague are in different L17 cells?

• So, a plaque (and tree planted) to honor a noteworthy member of the community, with aditional information as his political carreer, is not worthy.

That means, a plaque in honor to the soldiers in the WWII, for example, is not worthy neither?, because at the end it is exactly the same. Yes, ok, one singular person, even if he was the most important person for a town (and i dont say this is the case), is not at the level of all the WWII soldiers, i dont mean that. But it is a plaque in honor to something, something (or someone) that, maybe, is important for that community.

Or, in the same way, perhaps all the WWII memorials in UK should be removed, because yes, they have their point, but they are not at the same level that the World War II Memorial, in Washington D.C., if we compare them.

• Amalunala-PGOAmalunala-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

You can get rejects for the weirdest reasons. This nomination looks perfectly fine to me, granted it's not on school property or anything of that nature.

What you could try to do is create a photosphere to prove the nomination is at the location you set it too. Also might be worth taking the picture at a slight angle so you're not visible in the reflection. Trust me, even reflections as small as yours can get it rejected.

Some clearly eligible nominations can take three or more attempts to get through if you're unlucky with the batch of reviewers you get. Would be an easy 5 star rating from me.

• Wooo, I didnt notice that reflection, but well, it not normall for me to use my phone with +15% brightness.

The thing is, I dont live in that town. I´m not even from this country. But I think is always great when you are somewhere, and you leave something from you there. I like go to walk to that park when I go there for shopping, and i thought it was a good idea to improve the place. If i have to start freaking arround with 360 and all of that (again, because i used to), that town sure has players if they want more poketops (because there are no ingess players).

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we see a screenshot of your nomination and supporting pic/info?

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Then again, as a "local" UK base reviewer, I would not consider this gentlemans part-time "political career" particularly noteworthy at all. He was a local councillor for 12 years, which means he went to meetings in the evenings once or twice a week after he finished his day job, and he got his turn at being the (ceremonial) Mayor for a year or so because it was his turn. Nothing special with this plaque, I would give it a low score on review.