Church Hall rejected several times

This rather ramshackle concrete hut is a church hall used by several groups in the community (including scouts but it isn't a scout hut, it is the church's hall and is mentioned on the church diocese website including how to book it). But several of us have had goes at nominating it and being rejected.

Reasons given include K12, not eligible, bad photo and those in the latest nomination (image attached). Any suggestions welcome. Nominated location is 51.670481,-0.57681 : middle of the hall

Also the rejection came through in the early hours of the morning. Who on earth is reviewing during the night? Are they harsher than those reviewing during daylight hours?

Comments

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

Try title = Little Chalfont Church Hall" because that is how the area comes up in your nomination, and maybe that is the reason for the 'title not relevant' rejection, because maybe reviewers didn't understand that your area is not just called "Little Chalfont".

In the description probably mention the church it is linked to, rather than calling it a meeting room, and mention some non K12 groups that use it.

I think your support info is good.

It should have been accepted - Church halls are really important places for communities. I'd say if it doesn't work this time then don't upgrade it next time because local reviewers will be more likely to recognise it . Also if it has a notice board anywhere or a sign or name above the door, focus the main picture on that because some reviewers just don't like an ugly building without a sign (which is wrong, but unfortunately can be true).

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

I reviewd this yesterday and gave it a "Yes". however , it did take a bit of time fiddling with Google searches and Google maps to actually confirm the building exists and the location, the long winded title did not help.. I think the main problem is it lacks a sign and does not look like one would excpect for a "Church Hall".

• PORT2014-INGPORT2014-ING Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

@FrealafGB-PGO @sogNinjaman-ING thanks for the help - I'll take it on board. There is unfortunately no sign that says "Church Hall". There's a church sign at the entrance on the main road but it doesn't mention the hall.

I did get the nearby Catholic Church Hall accepted but that has a sign that says "Hall" at the entrance - all visible on streetview and besides it also looks like a much nicer venue and doesn't have damp all over the walls. I was amused by the "PRP" rejection...imagine living there...

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

Haha yes that's a very depressing looking "house", although maybe the massive size and ample allocated car parking for 50 guests would make up for the lack of kerb appeal?

All I can really say is try it again, it's definitely eligible so don't worry about trying a few more times.