Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Would bike racks with bikes owned by the cities council for public use be allowed

I passed this stop today, it's been there for about a year but I hadn't clicked on it before, so I was surprised to see it was this bike stand. My question, is this actually acceptable or is it a bad poi that got through

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bit of background, these are owned and operated by Glasgow city council, as are the bike which in belive are pay to use, and were installed as an initiative to get people cycling. So from that aspect city run, exercise, I could see tem being accepted but there are a lot of them

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

We have those in my city, too, and I've seen a few become accepted (and a few I've heard of getting rejected). I feel they should be accepted as an exercise initiative as well as providing transportation for visitors as many tourists use them.

Q14: Can you ask the OPR folks for their thoughts on bike share stations? Seems to me like they’d be a great “get out and explore” type of portal.

A14: NIA OPS replied, “These are similar to transit stations, if these are large enough, have a structure, or are artistic, these could be considered. If it's just a regular bike rack, it wouldn't meet our criteria.”

That's pulled from November 2018 AMA, but I don't find the answer remarkably informative or definitive.

@Theisman-ING I wouldnt have out a bike wrack through myself, so it's why I wouldnt have accepted this, the only reason I can think this got through is that it's not just a bike wrack, the bikes that are in it and allowed in it are council owned bikes for public use

• AgentB0ss-INGAgentB0ss-ING Posts: 555 ✭✭✭✭✭

For a full bike station like this, it promotes some of the core tenets of Niantics get out and explore and healthy lifestyle. I think exploration, exercise, gathering. This could be eligible.

Without the bikes if it was just a bike rack it would need to be artistic/sculpture style. I’ve seen Fish, Own, Orange Slices as bike racks and would rate those favorably as they add a nice look to the area.

@AgentB0ss-ING all the bike racks will have differing amount of bikes ag them based on who's taken bikes from it and who's returned them

I do agree about be exercise bit so if I were to start submitting these I would make sure to mention that the downside is they are a bit numerous, I can think of 3 that are within 10 minutes walking distance from that one

• Dice3423-INGDice3423-ING Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭

Typical Rule on Bike racks is they typically have to be artistic looking to pass in my experience. One in my area approved, all others have been rejected as normal bike racks. I am confused on this situation because a bike rack promotes exercise, but for niantic it is not enough for them to approve.

@NianticCasey-ING could we possibly get clarification on this one?