How close to schools can POIs be?

I want to submit an information board right next to a school. It's non on school ground but very close to it.

Is this still a valid nomination or could a save my upgrade for a different nomination?

The object itself is 100% POI-worthy and has no connection to the school.

Google Maps:

OSM:

OSM Is quite bigger than the school ground actually is. You can see the fence on the maps picture. I will quickly edit it so it's correct.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If its not on school grounds its perfectly fine theres no distance for it. If its on school grounds it doesn’t matter where it is its ineligible

• ArabellaArdelia-PGOArabellaArdelia-PGO Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

Jtronmoore is correct, but be aware that just bc it’s outside the fence doesn’t mean it’s not school grounds - if the school is expected to maintain the grass outside of the fence it’s likely still their property; that Google Maps picture looks like the property would go to the road/trail rather than stopping at the fence.

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if Niantic ever clarified that the same guidelines for PRP applied to K12

• Near my local elementary school there is a gym literally on the gate to school property, adjacent to the nearby cul-de-sac (wayspot is a trail marker)... Since that hasn't been taken down I would say you're good as long as it's accessible from somewhere other than the school.

• Pennry-PGOPennry-PGO Posts: 41 ✭✭

Things I'm looking for: Does the map (not satellite) show a school boundary? In this case, yes it does and the point is just outside it. Next I look at street view. Does this point have any indication of the school like the school's name, etc? If not, then I rate it as it stands and ignore the school.

• purplepopple-INGpurplepopple-ING Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

There is a school near me in an urban environment. The park next to the school I would not pass, but across the street, I would have zero issues.

I think Urban reviewers may have different boundaries for these things than rural reviewers.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

There was a muga near me i submitted and passed. Its next to a school but not connected, there was probably 3 meters from the school gates tk the edge of the.muga. I did make sure to put the marker on the opposite side from the school to make sure it wasn't close. Take what you want from that

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just make sure your supporting photo makes it clear that the waypoint in not on school grounds or attached to the school fence or wall.

• I finally found a good website that seems to show boundaries for schools and also medical campuses and others. it is https://ngmdb.usgs.gov/ search a place and it will show you an interactive map. happy reviewing!