Pokestops accepted on Wayfarer, but months have passed and Pokestops are not yet in the game

Good afternoon, I have Pokestops that were accepted in Wayfarer, I received the email of each referral at the moment to confirm the result of Wayfarer, but it has been months since these Pokestops were accepted in Wayfarer, but they are not yet in the game, is it normal? One of several examples that I can report is as follows: I made an order for Wayspot on 2020-11-12, it was accepted on 2020-12-27 and is currently not yet available in the game, on 2021-03-01.

Comments

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not every approved Wayspot will show up in Pokemon GO.

Have you checked to see if the Wayspots show up in Ingress?

If they show up in Ingress, they probably share an S2L17 cell with an existing Pokestop, and won't show up in Pokemon GO on purpose.

If they do not show up in Ingress, it is possible they were positioned too close to an existing Wayspot, and was blocked from being approved, even if an email response said approved.

• 007Jorginho-PGO007Jorginho-PGO Posts: 48 ✭✭

I don't play Ingress, so I won't have to confirm this, but it's a shame that they're not accessible on Pokémon Go, especially being in an area where there is a lot of activity, but few Pokestops.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who said that you have to play Ingress in order to learn the rules that Niantic and the Pokemon Company have set for layout of PoI in the Pokemon Go map?

edited March 2021

Signing up for Ingress is really easy once you download the app, gives you access to the intel map too, which shows you every wayspot in an area. Incredibly useful.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine for a moment that Ingress didn't exist and/or that people didn't manage to find out the relationship between S2 cells and Pokemon Go.

That wouldn't change the fact that Niantic and The Pokemon Company had setup those layout rules and Niantic would keep on replying "not all wayspots will appear in all the games" and we wouldn't have any clue about how this worked.

Instead some great minds were able to find out the relationship and told us how it works, this has been thoroughly documented and people only have to create an Ingress account to see all the wayspots.

And then when someone tells the people: just create an account to look at the Ingress map, they reply: "I don't play Ingress".

How do they expect us to help them if they don't apply the minimum effort to read how to successfully create Pokestops and Gyms according to the layout rules?

I didn't know about the S2 cell system and I didn't know that not all Wayspot approved on Wayfarer appeared on Pokémon GO. I am aware of most of the rules that involve Pokémon Go and Wayfarer, which are the "platforms" that I use. Wayfarer could have more information about this S2 cell system, among other things. There are a lot of people who play Pokémon Go and make Wayspot requests on Wayfarer that end up being accepted and that never appear on Pokémon Go without any explanation, so my question is valid.

As I mentioned in a previous comment, I don't know Ingress, but I intend to install it to know what they are talking about.

"How do they expect us to help them if they don't apply the minimum effort to read how to successfully create Pokestops and Gyms according to the layout rules?"

Answering your question: First of all, I thought you were aggressive the way you said it just because I wasn't informed about the layout rules. As for the part of people who do not apply the slightest effort to read how to create Pokestops and gyms successfully, I disagree because Wayfarer does not have this information and I read all the eligibility, acceptance and rejection criteria that are in Wayfarer.

If you want to learn more about S2 cells, there's an article on Pokemon Go Hub that explains it well, you should be able to find it by googling it.

If you want to learn more about S2 cells, there's an article on Pokemon Go Hub that explains it well, you should be able to find it by googling it.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

When i first started nominating i googled for a lot of research and watched videos about people submitting. Just have to do a little research and it’ll go a long way. Ive never played ingress either but i highly suggest getting an acc

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

You're asking people to do research? Like, reading and watching videos and stuff? What are you, some kind of teacher assigning homework?

(BTW, have you seen a couple of sarcasm tags around? I seem to have misplaced them...)

Lmao right? to me if people don’t want to put in the work and there poi’s either land in occupied cells and they just waste there time nominating thats there problem. Put in a lot of work and its rewarding when you add 100pokestops and over 30 gyms to my local area! People thanked me for it

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's wonderful to notice that a portion of Pogo nominators seem to have found a herd of high horses. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to help see further than the end of one's nose.

I installed Ingress and saw that there are actually Waystops in Ingress that do not exist in Pokémon GO. In the green park at the foot of my house, this happened with 3 of my 5 Wayspot requests, that is, they were all accepted in Wayfarer and they all exist in Ingress, but only 2 of those 5 Wayspots are in Pokémon Go, which is a feather. Is there another way for me to confirm this other than through Ingress? And those Wayspots that exist only in Ingress, will be able to be placed in Pokémon Go later?

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ingress is the best place to check that. There are some websites that allow you to check it without Ingress account, but they use data added by players and because of that you can have some POIs misplaced (in wrong cell for example if they location is near cell border), and most of them only shows POI visible in PoGO, they don't have Ingress portals on map. They're not recomended to use if you want to be sure where any POI really is.

As for your other question, if these portals are in the same S17 cell (aka pokestop cell), then they won't ever appear in PoGO.

We have two options with portals:

• If new portal appear in S17 cell that don't have any pokestop or gym, it will become pokestop after some time (most become one after 1-2 days after they appear as portals in Ingress) - it mostly means this is also first portal in this cell
    • If new portal appear in S17 cell that have already pokestop or gym, it won't become pokestop because this cell is occupied in PoGO, it will only be another portal

Ingress allow much more portals in one cell (they only must be at least 20m from each other), but PoGo only allows one pokestop/gym in one cell.

I don't use Ingress, but someone mentioned on forum that you can install speccial addon to it that will show you S17 cells on Ingress maps, so you will be sure if your new nomination will be in free cell or occupied.

So if they are in ingress and not pokemon go they more than likely are in an already occupied cell. This being based off the s2 cell system. You generally have to use ingress intel map to see if your wayspot has appeared yes. Some people use iitc for the cell system. I used pogomap (its what worked for myself, you have to input everything).

Your question if they exist in ingress will they appear in Pokemon go. Short answer is if they been accepted and have spawned in ingress but not pogo and its been a while. They wont come into pokemon go (unless niantic changes the cell system rules). Follow up to that question is generally “can i move them to an open cell” the answer to that is if its in the correct location already, moving it to a new cell would be abuse. If its in an incorrect location you can try to move the wayspot to the CORRECT location.

• TheZodiac007-PGOTheZodiac007-PGO Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

You don’t have to play Ingress. Get on the internet & look up how to submit Pokestops using S2 Cells

edited March 2021

By the rules of the S2 cells system, I find it absurd to have many sites that apparently do not obey these rules, mainly in cities, but that's it. Thank you very much to all those who spent a little time to help me. Thank you guys!

edited March 2021

@007Jorginho-PGO You are welcome. It is forums like this that help others, so by you posting this you helped others in the process that were wondering the same thing. There are a lot of intelligent people in here if you need anything else. Anything you can ask, they will know. Also you can use this & check the AMA for what is & isn’t acceptable, etc. Hope to see you around on here. Take care

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pokemon spawn rates are dependant on the level of Ingress XM - areas with hight levels of Ingress XM have high Pokemon spawn rates. Tow ways to get high levels of ingress XM. 1) Be close to an Ingress Portal or 2) Be in an area of high mobile phone use. This is the reason my local supermarket car park is full of both XM and Pokemon.

Good to know maybe ill try to nominate some stuff in occupied cells after all 🤔

I sometimes submit nominations in occupied cells when there are a lot of neat things. I can imagine no S2 cells & only having to worry about 20m radius from POI to another. I might just be dreaming but I wish it would come true. It would make my headaches go away & I think it’s safe to safe for everybody. It’s fun to map them out & only nominate things per cell but I’d rather be playing the game & not have to worry about that & be able to nominate within 20m radius instead. I also wish it would tell when submitting how far you are from the next POI in game by using maps to do so. It would be neat & helpful as well. I just don’t want to see any of the games get abused in doing so because its heartbreaking because we’ve all worked to get this far & to see some cheat the system in any way is just hurtful.

I saw where Niantic had a developer create Real World AR Smart Glasses. If those are possible the possibilities are limitless. We will just have to wait & see but I’ve got high hopes & everyone else should as well seeing how neat the idea for those is

This is the link for the AR smart glasses https://youtu.be/ByT50Pjy8xs

Today I saw a Waystop in Ingress that doesn't exist in Pokémon Go and is not in the right place, is it possible to change it? By moving it to the correct location and if it's an available S2 cell, will it be available on Pokémon Go? What about Pokémon Go, if I move a PokéStop to the correct location and if the other cell becomes available, can the existing Waystop in that cell in Ingress and that not exist in Pokémon Go will be available later in Pokémon Go?

If you move one that shares a cell with another into an empty cell then it will appear in game the next day after the edit is accepted. Through Ingress if you don’t have an account that’s level 8 you will have to have someone submit the edit for you

if you don’t have a level 8 ingress account you will have to have someone submit the edit for you unless the one that is in Pokémon go is in the wrong cell

Ok @TheZodiac007-PGO, for now I'm already cleared up, thank you very much!

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

@MissAleafar-PGO Besides your assertion being factually incorrect (ING players are very active submitters of wayspots), describing the game half the regulars of this forum play as "dead" shows an alarming lack of proper manners.