Private Property at a sportclub

Hi guys,

In my neighborhood there is a stop that is not always accessible. it's a soccor club with a big fence around it. and a smalll warning sign that see's private property forbidden by law art461. At day time the gates are open, but i don't feel welcome walking to the stop at the end of the path the ppl look at you and ask what are you doing here. In the evening and night the gates are closed, cant gett in. I had pokemon spawn there that i didn't have, and with bad luck the same one spawnd at that stop almost every night, and almost no where else.

I understand that a soccor club is a great please for sport and to meet ppl. But can't there be a rule to only make a picture of the gate ore a sign that tells the name of the club? ore that the waypoint is at the side of the road on the mapp.

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.2095893,5.9941067,3a,30y,284.06h,87.45t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s1UdfSYi5q_58Deu_hkP8iA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 link to place, the waypoints are if you look from above in the back at a playground at the end of the path. Names of the waypoints are Steven berghuis pannaveld and Vele handen maken licht werk.

Comments

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

The pokemons aren't linked to the pokestop but to the location. If they move the pokestop to other locations, those pokemon that you're missing won't follow the pokestop and new ones according to the new location would appear.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic have never said a Waypoint needs to be accesible by all 24/7. Having the gates locked at night does not stop it being a valid Waypoint.

• Cathmuts-PGOCathmuts-PGO Posts: 12 ✭✭

what about day time? still the trespassing sign is there and the stare of the ppl. You can not spin the stop from outside the gates. To me it feels like a gray earia. Trespassing is a nono but having a stop that is not accessible to all on private property is a yes? (The sign litterly is saying private property, alto its a soccorclub) I just want to understand the moral behind it. Really I mean well.

After the evil stares the first time i never went there again, there are enough stops around to go to.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as there is access to anyone (paid membership or otherwise) and is not private residential property it is allowed

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

To be even more clear

A wayspot located inside a club, athletic or otherwise, which is accessible only to their associates, guests and workers, is valid

A wayspot located inside a gated community, which is accessible only to their residents, guests and workers, is valid.

A wayspot located inside an industrial plant, which is accessible only to employees and suppliers, is valid.

There's no requirement that a wayspot must be accessible for all.

• B00JL5YI7G-PGOB00JL5YI7G-PGO Posts: 244 ✭✭✭

The soccer club court is fine.

It ’s even at the military base.

Think of a soccer ground in a private home or prison

• Eneeoh-PGOEneeoh-PGO Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭✭

These continue to puzzle me. They meet several of the rejection criteria, but may not meet any of the removal criteria. I guess they are “grandfather clause” exceptions.

• Location obstructs the driveways of emergency services or may interfere with the operations of fire stations, police stations, hospitals, military bases, industrial sitesindustrial sites, power plants, or air traffic control towers

Abusive location

Locations that are intentionally and strategically placed to provide advantage to a single player or collective group.

Other type of abuse

Any other type of abuse that you feel is not in keeping with the spirit of Wayfarer’s mission to create the most interesting, family-friendly, and accurate representation of the real-world.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

What you've quoted is also why new POI's still appear on military bases, despite it being repeatedly reiterated on the forums by Niantic that they should be rejected.

Then quote says "if it interferes with the operations of ...."

The submissions in militarily bases that still come through are for things like statues, plaques etc, in communal areas which wouldn't interfere with the operations of the base and so get accepted by reviewers who only go by the guidlines and don't visit the forums.

This isn't the reviewers fault, as its not mandatory to check the forums, but Niantics by not updating the guidelines to be consistent with what they say on here.

There's never been any point blank, do not accept anywhere on an industrial area, and so ones can be added if they don't interfere with operations i.e communal rest areas.