I Quit

It was a dream to make our area a portal dense area so we can develop a community in the local area which was (at that time) not possible with 2 portals and 1 Gym.

So, we increased the number of portals to around 300-400 (approx) which attract trainers/agents in our area, encouraged peoples to play games, and develop a little community in the last 1.5 yrs.

When Wayfarer was introduced almost everybody was busy nominating potential areas and reviews but as time passed and new peoples become eligible for nominations and review it become toxic due to which many agents/trainers stopped nominating things and reviews.

what was the reason for that? same reason as mine some of them are given below,

Rejected Nomination:- When a potential way spot nomination rejected due to unwanted reasons which were not fair we start thinking like we waste our time. Like,

The above nomination was rejected " It Doesn't Meet Acceptance Criteria"

Fake Nominations: While reviewing when you noticed that your genuine nominations getting rejections but peoples making fake nominations got accepted easily.

Like,

Fake Nomination : (big ball) http://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=30.114166,78.289269&z=16&pll=30.114955,78.294631

Real Nomination : (Beautiful Bronze Sphere In Public Park) https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=30.748217,76.779061&z=17&pll=30.748217,76.779061

Que Status:- When your nomination is in the queue for a long time sometimes it's more than 2 months from nomination day.

No appeal policy for rejected nomination

Review Period: Sometimes it took a long time to get the result of a nomination.

Lack of Transparency & Fair Review: Even if you set your primary location & bonus location you'll get nominations from another place as well where you never visited ( place far away 500-600 km or more).What I experienced that peoples usually give a high star rating to local area nominations instead of others.

Etc ...

I'm thankful for all (Unknown) peoples who helped us in between these times and develop a good playing area for the community

Thanks Again

Comments

• WesleySilvE-PGOWesleySilvE-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

I am also sad because the same thing is happening to me, and with that I stopped evaluating, and many of my colleagues also, I have indications of mine that has been on the vote for 7 months.

• Jeroenix-INGJeroenix-ING Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

@WesleySilvE-PGO @Orochimaru094-ING

Maybe you should return for a while on the 15th of march until the 27th and nominate all you can. In that time period, fresh reviewers from all over the world will be reviewing them, and maybe the quality of reviewers are better, since this is an event that 'random' reviewers with less experience will probably not attend.

I face the same problems in Europe by the way; rejections are made with the weirdest reasons. It's like people don't even take a minute to fully research the candidates. Your gazebo nomination looked fine, I would be happy to find it if I were on holiday there.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt it because new reviewers mostly has a worse knowledge of the criteria than the older reviewers.

• Orochimaru094-INGOrochimaru094-ING Posts: 56 ✭✭

We faced lots of rejection during the lockdown and even after that with the reasons like (Most common) location mismatch, Not eligible, etc even those who were marked in G-maps, having 360*, etc.

Re-Nomination them, again and again, doesn't work and now most of those nominations are in the queue

Most of my known people faced this and stopped nomination/Review things which result in nomination in queue or in-voting for a very long time

Wayfarer has too many loopholes and needs a lot of improvement like,

When you made nominations you give a proper description and additional description to describe why this Nomination is eligible and should be accepted but when you give a location edit do you have an option to tell people where its real location is? Not everything market or viewable from google maps right?

This Event is a good Initiative from the Niantic side to clear nominations in queue/In-voting and increase portal density

But what I experienced in the last few months is,

1. Older reviewers like me stopped doing things due to the above-mentioned reasons
    2. You'll experience low-quality nominations during the review
    3. Other Reasons

btw good luck to all for this event I discussed abt this event with other agents especially with Newbies (Coz olders are no more interested) but i guess till now none of them did a single nomination may be due to lack of knowledge or for any other reason

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭✭

First of all, I disagree. In my own community, I see that people who have only recently gotten into reviewing generally have a better, more punctual understanding of the current criteria. As a rule of thumb, reviewers who have been doing it for a long time fall into a routine, that's often against current guidelines. They are more likely to review according to their own, personal sets of rules (I reject everything that's not visible on Street View"; All residential buildings are ineligible, no matter if they're single-family or not"; "all water tanks and towers are eligible, no matter if they're unique" etc.), which are often outdated and/or based on falsely remembered "rules".

This phenomenon is not specific to wayfarer. You can see the same thing with people who have been driving for decades - they often don't know or minremember the more nuanced or newly introduced details and rules. "I've been doing it for a long time, I know what I'm doing, I don't need your new information". Of course, this isn't true for all veteran reviewers (or veteran drivers). But the opposite is definitely not true, either.

I have a different experience. As compared to newbies oldies have a better understanding of criteria and things. Most newbies are not interested in nominations/reviews & others (Newbies) involved in rejecting valid nominations and making fake nominations ( some of them)

quality of their nomination is low or I think they nominate to waste others time (this statement is for those who make nomination like attached pic)

this started when lvl38 pogo players become eligible to nominate things

recently one of my Indications that it was improving was rejected I was very angry again. Because I want the best for the players and improve the game, but with this rejection I now gave up Instead of the game, I will see if something improves in the future more by the way it is only getting worse.

Thank you for your nomination of Taz from Turma do Looney Tunes. on Jul 24, 2020. Your nomination was rejected due to the following reason: The nomination does not meet the acceptance criteria, The photo is low quality.

You can make any appraiser angry, because we spend time gaining improvement and in the end writing that is not readable.

That's why i gave up. By Looking screen shots you shared I can say that quality of photo is good and yes it's acceptable.

Reasons given by them are not Justifiable.

has been in the queue for 7 months, and after my improvement was rejected, I think more about evaluating to gain improvement. I give up the game pkm Go and the wayfarer :(

Good luck to new players and reviewers : (

Bro there many loop holes in wayfarer systems and they didn't shortout that. When you gave any nomination its expected to reviews by locals not by people's who live 500+ km far away from nominated area.

Same goes for location edits like if you edit a location then how can reviewers (who never visit that area) decide where the real location is and what point they should choose unless location editors provide specific information?

And

Irony is when I made this post on 1st of March but still that fake portal I mentioned in this post still live on that place 😂

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry that I have to say this, but this one is very far from being an obviously eligible nomination. If I can read it correctly, this is the logo of a motorcycle part and repair shop. Yet, you're not even mentioning it in the title/description, you're selling it as simply a mural of Taz, which looks like you're trying to hide the fact that it's a (not very unique) business.

This is a nomination that could pass with a good story and some luck, but it's definitely not worth getting worked up about when it's rejected.

Regarding your other nominations, the church and the cross are definitely great nominations. The telecommunications tower is ineligible, plain and simple. The jaguar mural is similar to your Taz one, it's a hit and miss. Maybe it has a bit better chances because it doesn't look like it's the logo of a business.