Simple solution. Give me an upgrade back for wrong rejections.

If something is easily acceptable such as a church, playground, tennis court etc. gets rejected after being upgraded, if it's not going to be overturned, we need to get a free upgrade back.

Otherwise, it is a waste of time and abuse of the system.

I read that rejecting everything gets you more agreements than if you properly reviewed, so why should anyone waste time on reviewing when the system is useless?

@NianticCasey-ING give me back an upgrade. I should ask for more because I have had many ridiculous rejections that were accepted later on, but my upgrades, time and effort were wasted.

Comments

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

That would require an appeals process and Niantic is not handling appeals for rejected nominations.

• So is reviewer abuse just going to go on forever? How does one even report reviewer abuse?

My latest rejection of a nicely made trail marker had reasons "natural feature", "emoji in title" & "not permanent".

If people can't use their eyes, they shouldn't be reviewing and yet there is no way to report them?

At least this time I didn't use an upgrade, but still, why should they be allowed to continue?

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't focus on the rejection reasons. You're fortunate that you at least get that, but for non-English speaking players they don't get any info at all.

How can Niantic know which nominations have been rejected for the wrong reasons?

As @TheFarix-PGO said, that would require an additional review process that would be overloaded with people claiming that their 5* nominations have been rejected and judging some of those nominations that people post in reddit I think that at least half of them are clear rejections and certainly there are others that shouldn't have been rejected, but they are a minority and a second time manages to get them approved as long as some details are improved in the nomination.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

How is Niantic going to identify that a rejection was "abusive" unless they create an appeals process? And so far, they have directed all appeals of rejected nominations to simply resubmitting the nomination after the nominator reviews the eligibility criteria and still believes it meets the criteria. And if Niantic did create an appeals process for rejected nomination, every rejection would be appealed regardless of merit. That could be thousands of appeals per day which would simply overwhelm Niantic's staff. It's already difficult to get existing appeals handled in a timely manner already.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WheelTrekker-ING I've seen a lot recently getting rejected for daft reasons that are legit ones, like I had bmx track, I saw playgrounds, tennis courts, parks, sculptures, street art, trail markers, loads of things, and it seems to have been in the last few days that they have gone like this. Turns out theres a facebook group just telling everyone to 1 star everything to get easy agreements

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not denying that there might be (and surely there are) many wayspots rejected for the wrong reasons.

I'm just stating that Niantic can't know automatically that it has been rejected for the wrong reasons.

In order to know that, they should know that it's a valid wayspot, but if they know that it's a valid wayspot then there's no need to put it into voting, they could approve it automatically.

• MisskaPl-PGOMisskaPl-PGO Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited April 2020

lately, it is useless to waste time nominating, the last 3 weeks refuse us all nominations, football open field next to the forest, as a temporary, private, poorly oriented, probably the smart reviewer thinks the gate is placed in height. Kynelogické pitch, temporary display. A totem pole in a meadow where music festivals, horseback riding and other events are held. The support photo shows the refreshment stand was rejected as a private, poor quality photo ...

The course is photographed as a sample wayspot on the home page. On the other hand, I see approved dwarves in my private garden. Churches located in private houses, playground on the roof of the house. Until Niantic stops this, it is unnecessary to do anything, whether to make nominations or to carry out checks. Especially the quality of all games suffers greatly.

• AnaKNOXdown-INGAnaKNOXdown-ING Posts: 117 ✭✭✭

Everyone has recently been having that problem dear. Everything keeps getting rejected. I thought it was just my are but as I can see on the forum, everyone talks about having the same problem. You can find topics about it in "general" section.

NIA should somehow work on this