Speed up Nomination/More reviewers

MainStillBanned-PGOMainStillBanned-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited March 2021 in Nomination Improvement

Hello,

I was just wondering the other day that ever since the nomination cap was lowered to 38, I've been seeing more and more bogus nominations- It basically back logs legitimate nominations.

I was wondering if the cap can be raised back up to 40 (since pokemon go players did get a chance to grind on double xp for a good while), or if there can be some type of implementation where reviewing incentivizes the speed of your own nominations - or both.

as an example, if someone reviews 10 - 15 nominations, one of theirs is moved up in the queue or gets prioritized. that way, more people are encouraged to review and we can have a faster process. im not saying people who don't review shouldn't get to get their stuff reviewed, but it's the least someone can do to help get pokestops in the game.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: I realize reviewing may take time, but I believe everyone should contribute to making nominations a faster process.

Comments

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

There is a process like that, though way less rewarding than you suggested.

https://wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/help#upgrades

• right, I am aware. something that is in between whats already in place and my example. I guess as an extreme case, people who don't review don't get priority. I understand there is thousands (an understatement) of nominations each day, from ingress and pogo (idk how the wizards game works), but I'm almost sure not everyone who nominates reviews.

a week or two ago i got confirmation that one of my nominations was eligible... from the beginning of January.

even then, I've already lost 2 upgrades. I upgraded a nomination and since I didn't have one at the time it didn't upgrade (normal, fine) but by the time i had earned my upgrade my nomination had been either accepted or rejected, and it still upgraded even though there was no point at the time.

Is that something that can be looked into?

• Misch60-PGOMisch60-PGO Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

10-15 nominations would already be way too easy to get priority, it's so easy to make that little number. If that would be the case, I would get 6+ priorities everyday, which would be counterproductive to what it is now.

• MainStillBanned-PGOMainStillBanned-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

like i said in the post, it was an example, but 100 to get one prioritized?

it's always easier said than done, but I'm sure we would all like a system where people who do their part get rewarded. Having nominations backed up for a month (in my experience) wasn't normal until after the level cap was reduced to 38 for pokemon go nominations. since then, I've reviewed so many bogus ones that it's discouraging that nominations like those are floating around slowing down the legitimate ones.

Edit: Also, I get it, I don't make the rules. I'm just making suggestions.

• KetaSkooter-INGKetaSkooter-ING Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

I think it would be good to give more incentive to reviewers and less incentive to the submitter. Like give out supplies to the reviewers in game and decrease the allowed submissions if the submitter doesn't spend at least a small amount of time reviewing.

• That's actually a good idea. hadn't thought of that. you may be on to something.

That is basically punishing people that do not like, enjoy or have time for reviewing, that is not the way to go in my opinion.

• if they have time to be playing pogo, they could also review. it's just a matter of what you prioritize. I understand people have lives, family, etc. but the fact that they play pogo says they have at least some time to review.

• Aeryle88-PGOAeryle88-PGO Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

I’ve reduce the number of nominations i review because of the lack of utility of upgrades in my area.

my nomination are validated or not in one or two weeks max. The problem with upgrade is when a nomination is upgraded, it’s sometimes slower than a nomination without upgrade, and when a nomination is upgraded it’s more often rejected than without upgrade.

it would be better if upgrades can be use to make appeal of false rejections than to make evaluation supposely quicker

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they only nominate but no one reviews that, the nominations won't go through, so why should it matter if you have 1 or 100 nominations that are all waiting in the queue?

Isn't it better to have nominations that are processed in a proper time?

In that way, allowing fewer nominations for the people that don't review seems like that it could help to prevent clogging the queue.

Maybe, but the reason given, that people would have the time to review, because they play Pokémon GO is just not right, as I don't review when I am walking outside, am I now?

This is not always the case for everyone. For me, it always goes quicker with upgrade, and generally is accepted, so it also depends on the kind of submissions you have there. So it depends on the area, person, and submission.

• KetaSkooter-INGKetaSkooter-ING Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Correct however people that only submit and never review are punishing everyone else. In OPR early days there were estimates that it took 20-50 reviews to make a decision. I think it would be fair to have people review a small number in order to earn more than 1 or 2 nominations every 2 weeks.

Maybe but it’s still a problem.

reviewing is very boring for me because of that (+ the fact the system put me on « poor » after the first review despite the fact i follow exactly the criteria to review (and get many agreements)+ the fact there is too many false rejection)

the system needs a total revamp to make reviewing less boring and frustrating and to avoid false rejection that create a too massive numbers of nomination in queue (a false rejection is something that will be resubmitted so it’s a loss of time for everyone)

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

In my eyes the level for submitting in pokemon go should be 41 since they made xp way too easy to get. There should also be a task to be able to unlock the ability to submit. The task should be being able to pass a general test with what ever the current guidelines are and also maybe get a certain amount of agreements on wayfairer as well. Which would make them try to pass two tests. The one in pogo and the wayfaire one. Maybe make the amount 100 for agreements and they get an upgrade right away for there nomination.

I think it will help bring a bit more understanding to the criteria as well as give them insight into both sides of nominations since a lot of people don’t even know about wayfairer to begin with

The only reason I say 41 is because it is just way too easy to get to lvl 38. The xp required is so low that virtually everyone who plays for maybe 3 months can start nominating. Where as 41 you atleast have to put a bit more time into it. May curve the spike in bad nominations that we once saw when they lowered it to 38 from 40.

I took me 5 years to get 38. In area where there is no POI, it’s very difficult to gain px in pokemon go.

and i manage to do it only because of the covid mesures Niantic took to make the game playable everywhere.

Its only 12mil xp. I just got 12mil xp in 2 months. It is not hard to get experience in pogo lol. Just lucky egg for friendship levels do raids and land excellent throws. I just got 100k in the hour from just catching a meltan box, cached researches and evolved a handful. If it took 5 years its because you dont go anywhere to play thats better, or you just didnt play all that much lol

Without any poi you can’t get balls, so you can’t play. you don’t get gift to send to friends (before covid because now you get 10free gift per day). Before covid enscens was not very usefull in rural area. Before covid there also no pokemon when you were far away from pokestop .

I had to go more than 20km away to found a pokestop when the game was launched. Had to wait 4 years to finally see a new pokestop in the town at 10km from my village. But i still needed to took the car to play, so don’t said me it’s easy.

the game become easy on the 12 febuary 2021 when my first submission was validated and appear in the game, in my village.

si i can say that’s reach nv38 is not an easy task when you don’t have poi in your area.

I wouldn't say it's very easy, but it's totally possible in a short time frame just opening gifts, and that has been true since they introduced the friendship XP long before covid.

On the other side it's absolutely impossible to level up in Ingress if there are less than 3 portals around you, and even then it would take many years at that pace.

Possible, yes it is, i do it. But it's long and paintfull. And to get reviewing faster, we need to have more reviewers. Every time a player can't enjoy the game (ingress or pogo) because of the lack of rural POI, it's a potential reviewer who will never get the requierement to acces to wayfarer.

I think Niantic shoud reduce level requierement to acces wayfarer and in the same time, Niantic should revamp both nomination and reviewing process in order to:

-Reduce the number of false rejections (witch will be resubmitted and block the system)

-Avoid the submission of duplicates. (i think Niantic should block submitting a poi if there is already a POI in the same cell, that's just a lost of time for everyone)

-Make the reviewing system quicker (seriously there is two totally useless questions in the reviewing process)

-Force player to pre evaluate their own nominations in the nomination system (simply ask what eligibility criteria the nomination fullfill would be great and give a great indication for reviewers)

-Add a system to make appeal of false rejection

-Give players more rewards for reviewing. Actually reviewing is just boring and frustration. (Lock to poor rating despite get agreement on the majority of review, upgrade totally useless (upgraded nomination are more likely rejected with a false rejection, and it's not faster in some area) and reviewing system not enought focus on the criteria)

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

As another player from rural area, I agree with @Aeryle88-PGO on this. It's easy to get to level 38 only if you have a lot of POIs near your play location. If you have 1 POI or none, then it's really hard to get to level 38.

I live in small village that thanks to my work finally got some more POIs and even some Gyms. But before I started nominating we had 3 POIs, one was 300m from my house, two were 3km away from my location, so it was easier for me to ride to nearby small city (10 km away from my village) to play than to visit these two distant POIs often (I visit the closer one everyday, but only one or two times, especially now it's hard to go for a walk to it thanks to lockdown). I had to go to this city to play or I wouldn't even have enough gifts to send to friends. I started playing in the same month PoGo started, and it took me 3 years to get to level 40. I get to level 38 in a bit less than 2 years. Adding gifts made it's easier, but not that easy as you think.

And as for using lucky eggs or doing raids, it's also depends of POI density - if you have none POIs, then you don't have gyms and can't get coins every day, you can't do raids either. Without coins you can't buy lucky eggs or anything else in shop, and not everyone spend they money on this game. So no coins - no easy XP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's easy to say that someone don't get to high level because they don't travel, but not everyone can ride 10-20 km every day just to play a game. So please, don't judge everyone only on your location alone. Big city players have it easy to level up, but others no.

And as for this thread's idea, I think some improvements should be made, but this ones are hard to implement, and going back to level 40 might not be a good idea either. I know some people who just got to level 38 and started nominating pretty amazing things, they villages got they first POIs too, everything they nominated was eligible and made in correct places. I also know people who are level 40 for years and they nominated only garbage because they wanted POI that will reach they home. So it's not really the level issue, it's players mentality, some are good, some are bad, and it has nothing with they levels.

-Avoid the submission of duplicates. (i think Niantic should block submitting a poi if there is already a POI in the same cell, that's just a lost of time for everyone)

You what? Why would that be a good idea? It's not like there can't be more POI in the same cell

There can't be two POI in the same cell. It's a fact.

If you want to speed up the reviewing system, you have to take mesures like this. Maybe you don't like this king of mesure, but have more than one POI in one cell is just useless.

As far as I know, there can be multiple portals in one cell, for example in Ingress. It's not just PoGO.

If it's the case (i don't play ingress, so i don't know), they should show all existing POI when we try to submit something and block every submission too close from the other (even if i don't play ingress, i know there can't be two POI too close one from an other)

They can also change ingress system as long as there is too many nominations waiting in the system.

Wayfarer is not only for Pokémon, it is used also in ingress, HPWU and Catan, so any proposal that ignores the whole picture has a short life ahead of it.