Title: Would you please remove the photo of the Ingress Advertisement? (2020-Apr-04)

Title: Would you please remove the photo of the Ingress Advertisement? (2020-Apr-04)

Category: Portal Photo

Title of Wayspot: Celestial Comics

Location of Wayspot: 36.145546,-115.300777

City: Las Vegas, NV

The portal photo depicted in this appeal has an Ingress Graphic Novel advertisement instead of the local business itself. Please consider removing the photo of the Ingress Graphic Novel.

Photos to support your claim:

Best Answers

• ddm027-INGddm027-ING Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Oh, so you've tried uploading an actual photo before and got rejected? this happened 2 or 3 times to me as well, when trying to update the portal after a church got their structure changed after couple of years.

Oh well, its almost clear this is an abuse, the picture is 100% a fake one, it should not be that hard to see, c'mon Niantic...

• MinusFive-INGMinusFive-ING Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi, @NianticKN-ING . Do you have any feedback on this thread? Maybe I should try adding an additional photo again. (A friend of mine tried to add a photo the last time.)

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

One of the workarounds (that is completely unnecessary) is to submit a new nomination at the exact spot, with the exact name and help get reviewers to make the new nomination as a duplicate of the existing wayspot. The photo if successfully duplicated then ends up being added to the wayspot, so you can upvote it and that helps solve half the problem.

Once this "Ingress: Origins" photo no longer shows as the cover photo, you can safely request the photo remove appeal. The advice is taken from the "Why was my portal rejected?" category in the Portal submission FAQ.

Absolutely hate to have to use a portal submission slot to circumvent this considering Niantic's inaction and terrible decision-making to reject the actual storefront, but that's who we're dealing with.

Answers