Photo eligibility question: parked car with visible registration plate?

Hoping this is an easy Y/N question!

Wayspot nomination ok except that the main photo includes a parked car with very visible registration (number) plate.

Does the number plate count as 'personally identifiable info' in this context?

Best Answers

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Reject 1* low quality photo, visable license plate.

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Short answer: yes

Longer-but-entirely-unsupported-by-any-commentary-from-Niantic-and-is-only-my-personal-opinion: if it's NOT a personal vehicle (ie. bus, taxi, fire truck, well-marked work vehicle), then it's not a "personally" identifying information, but Wayfarer will almost always still flag it as such

Answers

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Reject 1* low quality photo, visable license plate.

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Short answer: yes

Longer-but-entirely-unsupported-by-any-commentary-from-Niantic-and-is-only-my-personal-opinion: if it's NOT a personal vehicle (ie. bus, taxi, fire truck, well-marked work vehicle), then it's not a "personally" identifying information, but Wayfarer will almost always still flag it as such

• NMEofDeState-PGONMEofDeState-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭

Ok, it's a private car, so reject (shame: they could have moved to take the photo so the POI - a post box - concealed the number plate). Thanks for the clarification! And now, having clicked to reject the photo, I see the 'licence plate' option ... (duh!)

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Is this in relation to the picture reviews recently implemented?

I also had a hard time working out how I should deal with this situation too, because there isn't a category to flag for a license plate (the options I remember are abuse or submitter identifiable)

In the end I chose submitter identifiable, and flagged it for removal rather than selecting "all pictures meet criteria", because it seemed the closest reason (it identified someone's car basically) and I didn't think the license plate picture should stay on the waypoint (the other picture was also excellent quality and pretty much perfect)

I have also had 2 cases of an almost pitch black picture, but really didn't know what to do so had to let it go (nothing was identifiable and it wasn't abuse, just dark).

I would really welcome the option to select more reasons why a picture should be removed.