Is this Private Residential Property?

HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Wayfarer,

Posting a clarification because I need to understand whether these nominations are worth a try or whether I should just not bother at all.

So this suburb is full of duplexes and townhouses complexes. Non-detached buildings, which I believe are not single-family residences. I am only asking whether they should be classified as private residential property.

Case 1:

Here is a very basic slide, shelter and some **** bars in the background. A little basic play space with some gathering element.

1: This little area can be accessed from an open gate.

2: Zooming out, we can see the townhouses on the left, some parking space on the right and the area.

3: Zooming out more, we can see the play area far in the background, past these two residential buildings.

4: This is what it looks like at Street Level, street view should show this.

==========================================================

Case 2:

This is an incredibly basic wood log swing.

1: This little area is surrounded by a fence from the common area. Notice that this little space does include the wall of the building, but it is a duplex.

2: Zooming out all the way from the Street, it is located in an open space in this townhouse complex.

Case 3:

This is a tiny park with two tiny play equipment, two benches and a faucet.

Zooming out with this photo from the sidewalk, this tiny area is accessible from the front. Note the "visitor parking within" sign.

Street View will show that the area is at the edge of a townhouse complex.

Are these to be rejected for private single-family residential property? Are they barely considered to be a playground or really not worth? Or should these be okay to submit and let the reviewers run their course?

Comments

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

A town house or a duplex are considered single residential property. Since a single family would live in one townhouse or a side of duplex. If these are in a common gathering area for all the duplex’s and townhouses. They would be eligible. If its in the back yard of a duplex or townhouse then its ineligible for private residential property.

case 1 looks like an open park for the neighbourhood.

Case 2 i would probably reject for private residential property based on these photos. If i had satellite view it may be easier to see entrances if its part of someones yard or not. With these photos its hard to determine. A duplex is still a single family property as a family would own the one side of the duplex and another would own the other.

case 3 i would say is eligible. Doesnt look like its part of anyones yard with photos given.

to note if its an apartment complex then prp doesnt apply. Freeholds, duplex’s and townhouses would apply to the prp ruling. If the playstructure is in there own backyard. If its in a communal gathering area then it would be eligible

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything in an individual unit's space (including balconies, patios, yards, or anything inside the unit) is still PRP and forbidden.

Anything in a shared common space is potentially viable.

It's not always 100% simple to determine the difference from just a pair of photos, especially when gates/fences are involved and there is no signage visible. Sometimes our only clue then is the subjective "quality" of the POI. As in, MOST households don't permanently affix their swings and play structures into the ground like that.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the feedback. The primary difference between something thats within a residential unit and these common areas are that the individuals unit spaces are fenced by the tall non-seethrough fences, and these areas where the play equipment are located usually have these bar fences that are easy to see through and most usually has a gate or opening to enter from.

For case 2, I would probably take an additional photo showing the entrance to the swings from maybe further away. Although showing these to the masses on Wayfarer will always be the most difficult part. This would probably get a different reaction on a certain global wayfarer group.

Personally I would have someone from Niantic to further validate whether these should be submitted so it can cement a decision hopefully and probably be able to link this elsewhere, but there are always the amounts of people otherwise who are absent on all sorts of communications.

There isnt a need to get further clarification for this though. If you can show proof its not someones yard and its a common area its a good submission. If its someones backyard its not. Simple as that

Watch. These will be rejected for private residential property despite all this in a couple of month's time.

Maybe make a photosphere in those specific locations so that when they go into voting people can see the location better than the photos provided above. Would be my best solution for that

After two months, all of these specific locations were rejected for private property. I will have to try maybe many months down the line.

• KetaSkooter-INGKetaSkooter-ING Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

This looks like common area from the photos provided and is eligible though many hate these because they're exclusive. You can make sure that there's a park tag at this location on google maps and that the nomination title is the same, its easy enough to add one if its not there. Also could have the submission photo focus on the entrance away from the buildings.

I submitted a playground in a park next to a beach once and i think it was rejected because the sign said for residents only.

• JayLiamgoth-PGOJayLiamgoth-PGO Posts: 30 ✭✭

I think there is the exception for multiple family homes that can have stops, looking at the homes and mail box situation they seem to be four family home units with a communal playground for multiple duplexs

I NEED HELP AND FURTHER ASSISTANCE because clearly reviewers do not understand single-family residential property. I've gotten endless rejections after rejections for all of these and it's really starting to tick me off. All three cases which were resubmitted earlier this year were rejected for private residential property, and I think that's complete bollox.

This is what comprises most of my suburb. Huge parcels of land turned into villas and townhouses complexes, with all these playgrounds and barbecue shelters in-between. They are ALL being rejected for private residential property. As someone who's met some of the neighbours and fellow residents, this is accessible to everyone.

For example: below is a photosphere of one of the play areas that was rejected for private residential property.

===========================================================================

The nomination of this was prepared below as follows:

Notley Playground

Description: A tiny little playground featuring some rocking chairs and a noughts and crosses board, with barbecue facilities for locals to enjoy.

Support Photo

Supporting statement: A small communal park area with permanent playground and communal barbecue facilities. These are a great space for the young ones to enjoy and to catch up with your neighbour or hang out with friends.

I'm not confident that any sort of improvement to this nomination would even get it over the line because there is no chance that this would get over the line again. There is even a small amount of parking spaces next to this, so it's not just one single family who has control or ownership over this.

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I know why you get these rejections. The problem is that map view and streetview don't show this place enough, and your photosphere seems to be misplaced.

Your photosphere is put on a house and just near it there isn't enough space for this nomination. I see on map view area that might be your playground, but it's not in the place where your photosphere is, and it's not that super visible on map view (you can see a free grass space, but you can't really see much on it, photos of map view don't have enough details).

Here is screenshot with location of your photosphere and possible location of your nomination:

https://imgur.com/zo45BES

Either your phone put location of photosphere and your nomination in wrong place (and from this you will know why you get rejection for private house - if pin got on this building where photosphere is). Or just photosphere is in wrong place, but it might cause some problems too.

If I were you I would definetly try to explain in support text how reviewers might found it on map view and how it's in public place, it might help with these rejections. If you can try to fix misplaced photosphere it would help too, but I don't know how much you can do about it as Google help isn't the best in this case.

Oh I didn't notice this before. I would assume that the GPS would correctly match the location as the photosphere was being generated but it looks like this is not the case. Many photospheres also do not properly match up so it often looks like it is facing the opposite direction as well, but maybe it would be worthwhile to get a reliable 360 camera.

Since its already published, it will probably be difficult to get it removed, but I suppose I should try better avenues for this and try to produce a photosphere and pinpoint the better location. Thanks for the feedback.

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

You can edit location and orientation before publishing