How do you get trail markers accepted?

So I submitted a few trail markers and those keep getting rejected... The last one I submitted was this one:

The reasons of the rejection is that it “doesn’t meet the criteria” and “doesn’t exist at the location”... I don’t know why people keep rejecting for those reasons, it does meet the criteria, as Niantic stated and as I mentioned in the description. And of course it exists at the location, it is even visible on street view! Half hidden in the trees, but still visible...

Honestly I’m getting tired of bad reviewers rejecting things for stupid reasons, I invest time and effort in submitting and reviewing and I feel like I’m the only one in my region. Lastly I got 2 submissions rejected for being on a school’s property, though it is visible that there’s a fence separating the properties and I clearly mentioned it is not on the school’s property and even added weblinks...

Comments

• Misch60-PGOMisch60-PGO Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

This kind of trail marker is difficult, because it's part of the pole with general directions. Because of those general directions, some people will judge it as a generic directions sign. Other trailmarkers have a higher chance. Not saying this shouldn't be in, but it's why it's a tough one to get through. However, once you get one of them through, it's easier to get more of them through in the area, as reviewers see that they have been accepted before.

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks a lot as generic sign, so it might be hard to accept by some reviewers.

For first, I wouldn't upgrade it. You will have much more chance of it being accepted if locals would review it.

Second, I would make a bit better support photo, that shows a bit more of this area - maybe more like looks on streetview, so people might compare it more to streetview.

As for streetview it's almost impossible to see (trees cover it most of it), I would mention it's hard to see on streetview and that reviewers can see it partly covered by trees. I would also try making photosphere near it and adding link to it in support text to be sure people would see it.

I also translated your title and description, and I didn't get from it anywhere that it's trail marker. Title was translatet to "The Meuse by bike". From description I got this: "Hiking and cycle path that will take you to the discovery of the Meuse and its surroundings." If it's translation error, then my bad, but I don't see trail marker word anywhere. I would wrote it more like that: "Trail marker for Hiking and cycle path that will take you to the discovery of the Meuse and its surroundings" - of course written in your language :) . I think it may help a bit :)

Your support text might be a bit better too, but I think if you add to it things I mentioned earlier (especially about how to find it on streetview) it should be good :)

• KetaSkooter-INGKetaSkooter-ING Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

The reviewers are probably considering them traffic signs that are showing a bike route? as they're on the roadway. All the trail markers I can think of in game are on trails not connected to roads that are used for recreation not just getting around town.

• Misch60-PGOMisch60-PGO Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

There are many in-game that also are on roads to get around town. Many trails follow (part) of these roads, by either crossing it, or following it for a short distance.