Original Wayspot Picture :

Geo Tagged pictures.

Title of the Wayspot 2. : Shrine at Siva Yogeeswara Temple

City : Malyinkeezh, Kerala

Screenshot of the Rejection Mail : NA

Photos to Support Claim

Original Wayspot Picture :

Geo Tagged Pictures

This wayspot was removed recently, Temple and shrine are a commonly used landmark and POI in India, there are over more than hundreds of such temple and shrine. So i think this was removed incorrectly. Portals went missing all of a sudden.

Also, the Google Map Tag of the Temple was removed. It was intentionally done by a certain group of Ingress Agents. Otherwise, the original wayspot tag and portals shouldn't be removed at the same time. The link of Google Map tag of the temple is given below: 

Siva Yogeeshwara Temple Kuriyode

Malayinkeezh, Kerala 695571

https://goo.gl/maps/RQ5ZopomZAfFfcJq8

Additional Information : Its clear from the pictures that there is ample space to stand near the temple and shrine access it .

Comments

• Shirokun3741-PGOShirokun3741-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

I checked the map and the location it says the location has been permanently closed, If it’s permanently closed then there’s no way for people to come there to interact and it’s good that it’s removed from poGo as well but as you said if it’s a lie or a scheme by some random players then you just need to suggest an edit in the map and make it appear again.

• Visakhjs007-PGOVisakhjs007-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

The Google maps Tag was deliberately marked as permanently closed to remove the portals which was done by a nearby ingress player of the ENL faction to discourage me from playing as I play for the RES faction in Ingress.

• AdhuPTY-PGOAdhuPTY-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

It's so sad that you lost few of your wayspots because of Ingress feud. It's better you should stop playing Ingress. That's what they wanted. Why don't u do it?

You won't even survive within these toxic ingress community. Niantic haven't taken any measures against such unethical hypocrites.

There are several instances where some ENL agents removed Google map tags to claim that a portal is fake. And the worst part is they are also trying to imply that all Google Map reviews are done by Resistance agents. Look at the irony.

(Ref :

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/9936/invalid-portal-appeal#latest )

You should avoid any contact with these toxic people as they might harm you upon meeting them.

And about Ingress. You should stop it. That's what they wanted. Let them have it. Niantic might lose a player. But atleast on the other side, you will be safe.

• iHellRaiser-INGiHellRaiser-ING Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

I don’t know why you cropped out one image to cut off the rest of the reviews. When google approved the private property tag and removed it, the place was again added and reviews were amassed by using 2-3 account of the same individual and his friends(including you). I don’t see any irony as all the reviews added in that screenshot is resistance players ( since google name and ingress name doesn’t match, doesn’t mean it’s not ingress players) . Or should everyone use ingress user name in google?

While giving reviews isn’t bad, but creating a location in google to confuse reviewers to get a couch portal accepted it wrong. This was discussed and close by Niantic in the next post. They found the evidence valid enough to retire that Wayspot. Or you are also questioning Niantic ? Is that also some scheme?

Also I don’t see any proofs for this mass reporting you mentioned, to remove google marker. Please stop spreading your personal view on one faction as general opinion.

While you are giving support here for getting back a Wayspot for your teammate, you are also giving support for Wayspot removal in another post. I don’t know what to call that.

• MrRaffz-INGMrRaffz-ING Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

@Visakhjs007-PGO Sorry to understand that a pokestop and a gym was removed from the location.

But I would like to point out some divergence in the informations you have posted .

First of all, the geo tags in the supporting pictures are too far from the location marked in google map.

But thats not the main problem here.

The supporting picture posted above shows that, the Geo tag of supporting picture and the location where the Wayspot existed are 75m apart.

But the variations doesnt end there either.

The google satellite view shows private reisdence in front and back of the temple which makes it private residence / farm.

Also,the google tagged area that you mentioned, has no pedestrian access at all. From the google map image posted above, the roads and path ends far away from the place tagged in google map. This can be verified since google has already updated all the paths availiable in the map and as an Ingress player i can vouch that Intel map has updated all the small roads and paths availiable into the sytem.

So , from all these variabilities, the following Rejection Criterias can be inferred.

1. Mismatched Location
    2. No Pedestrian Acess
    3. The Wayspot doesnt seem to exisit there at all.
    4. Private Residence/Farm Area

All these criterias are explained clearly in the Wayfarer Eligibility Test we took as a reviewer.

@AdhuPTY-PGO Thanks for supporting this thread. But, the comments that you posted in the past ( just 12 hrs before I write this comment) you have been disagreeing multiple threads in which the wayspots were just 10-15 meter away from the actual locations. These variation in approach for same problem is not good for a wayfinder as wayfinders are the sole responsible people to make the community a better place. Similarly, these difference of opinion are contradicting each other and not good to solve problems either. Thanks for understanding. Good Days Ahead.