Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

No nominations to review at this time for the past 12 hours

asdfjkll-INGasdfjkll-ING Posts: 5 ✭✭

When I've been trying to review for the past 12 hours it just keeps on saying "no nominations to review at this time" when that is simply not true. There are plenty of things in voting to review on and it should not be giving out this message at all immediately upon pressing the "begin reviewing " button. This issue has been persistent for the past 12 hours and affects all browers and also a few other wayfarer accounts in our community. There was an issue yesterday where people were all logged off at once in the middle of reviewing, I am not sure if it is related.

46 votes

Resolved · Last Updated

Comments

• Zardoudi-PGOZardoudi-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi, I have done 2250 reviews by now. I am able to do 3 or 4 reviews then I keep getting this message "there are no nominations available to review at this time"

I know for sure that there are more nominations to review. So, is this a bug ? Or a ban of some kind ?

Please help.

• Imergera-PGOImergera-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

@Zardoudi-PGO maybe put your bonus location somewhere with a lot of queue ?

Brussels needs a lot of reviewers if you want :D Don't forget you can change your bonus only once a year so choose wisely :)

• MarceCabal-INGMarceCabal-ING Posts: 37 ✭✭

You have a pack of reviews each time that you loggin. The thing is, when you make a lot of reviews you pack are getting smaller, perhaps in some cases you are available to do five reviews or just one.

• Perringaiden-INGPerringaiden-ING Posts: 124 ✭✭✭

Slow down. You're not hitting the "I ignored enough reviews and now it says 'cooldown'" limit, but you are reviewing so quickly that they question whether you're a human not doing due diligence or a bot spam reviewing.

Take at least 15s per review.

• ChampReady-PGOChampReady-PGO Posts: 29 ✭✭

I’ve been having this issue ever since I started in Wayfarer and posted it in the ingress forum before this came around. No guidance from there and setting my bonus and hometown locations have yielded little help to review nominations but edits are non existent. This has been months now an issue on my account in the US.

• FunMom4Life-PGOFunMom4Life-PGO Posts: 35 ✭✭✭

@Perringaiden-ING Sorry but I disagree. I'm a very slow reviewer and I hit this message frequently. Speed has nothing to do with it.

I'll usually take it as a cue to take a break for a while. But if I refresh, I might get anywhere from 1-6 more then the message comes back. And I know for a fact there are still nominations in the system in my area, some months old, that I could help review. It's extremely frustrating!!

Except when it's past my bedtime and I should be sleeping. Then it's a welcome reminder to try again the next day. 😄

@FunMom4Life-PGO What's your rating? The only time I hear about this when people aren't rushing, is when they're on Poor (red) or almost there.

• FunMom4Life-PGOFunMom4Life-PGO Posts: 35 ✭✭✭

@Perringaiden-ING My rating is green and has been almost since I've been reviewing. It was yellow for maybe a week or 2 when I first started but I think that was a result of not having many agreements roll in yet. I review a LOT. I would love to review even more but that message prevents me from doing so.

If it was just isolated to me, I might wonder if I was doing something wrong but there are many in my area who run into the same message. And we all know that we each have many things in queue or even things each other has in voting that we haven't seen, so the pool isn't empty. It just acts like it is.

The things in the queue, are they near each other? For example, if all of the POIs submitted are being blocked by not enough reviews of those already In Voting, then they won't transfer from In Queue to In Voting, and it will be possible to burn through the small In Voting pool of submissions.

It could be an issue of not enough reviewers, or not enough high rating reviewers to get the existing items pushed through. Are you seeing POIs come live in Ingress or PoGo in the area you know there are existing submissions?

• Entroponaut-PGOEntroponaut-PGO Posts: 20 ✭✭✭

I am not so sure that more people are reviewing is the main reason for nominations getting results faster recently. The lockdown of my area begined in late January. Yet, the change of speed is in sync with the rest of the world.

• SouLPrison3r-INGSouLPrison3r-ING Posts: 24 ✭✭

This sometimes even happen when the wayfarer cannot find your last played location.(Which it usually gets from game and mostly Google Play Services location history) So if your GPS isn't up-to-date, this might happen. Although you will get nominations from your bonus and hometown locations, if you did set them.

• ddm027-INGddm027-ING Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Hello there, could you give more information about where you’re talking about for example? America’s, Europe, Asia, etc?

It started happening in my area as well and even so I don’t vote too much because lack of time. Maybe they all got rejected or accepted or there’s no nominations you didn’t vote already.

Submissions could stack “In qeue” while another one is in voting from before, only way to push them forward is to give upgrade to the submitted POI that is stuck. This causes it to jump into line of voting. Don’t know what would happen if 2 gets upgraded tho, never witnessed that lol.

Anyway, that can be the case, another submissions stuck cuz no reject nor acceptance and yours won’t start voting before the older one finishes or upgrade, yours, hope I helped you in some way 🙌🏻

• GoncaloCdM-INGGoncaloCdM-ING Posts: 44 ✭✭✭

Exactly. Something is wrong with the distributing algorithm. I'm sure that @NianticCasey-ING will check what's going on with the Wayfarer Team.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can only guess that it's due to the algorithm used to pick the available candidates. They try to prevent that two nominations are in vote in the same place at the same time, so if there's a location with several nominations then one is being voted and the rest are hidden until that first one is processed.

Obviously that doesn't explain all the situations, only Niantic know the details about how they handle the queue, but it doesn't make sense that people see that message while there are other places with candidates awaiting for reviewers.

This is a time where people are reviewing a lot, and combined with the recent changes that made it quite faster to get a decision it means that Niantic is losing the opportunity to clear the queue.

Allow people to switch the bonus location when they get that message, come on Niantic, do something!

• LuizMichel-INGLuizMichel-ING Posts: 0

I only can review a single Portal, just after the flow message is show 'There are currently no indications available for review'. So the review are no coming.

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Does this happen after you take a break from reviewing for a few hours or a day?

Newer reviewers or reviewers with middling ratings tend to have their number of reviews throttled compared to more experienced/highly rated reviewers.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are lots of reviewers in several countries (I mean: all reviewers in those countries) that constantly get that message.

They wait a few hours and then some nomination shows up. And then again the message.

They wait, one-two nominations and the message.

Not just one person, everybody.

Meanwhile, there are many pending nominations waiting in the queue.

• Flokitin-PGOFlokitin-PGO Posts: 28 ✭✭✭

Hi! I'm from Spain, and it happends the same:

• Sometimes appears an error saying "There are no nominations available to review at this time"
    • Sometimes the niactic's logo appears "loading" and nothing ever happens

The problem isn't that there are no nominations because my friends and I have many in queue.

@NianticCasey-ING can you check this? In Spain we are in quarantine and is the perfect moment to decrease the big queue, but in this conditions is impossible to review

• Flokitin-PGOFlokitin-PGO Posts: 28 ✭✭✭

In Spain samething happens, we can't review in this conditions

• marcoduncan89-PGOmarcoduncan89-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

The same is happening to me in Italy. I am not a new reviewer, as I have done lots in the past.

Does anyone know anything about this issue? It is frustrating to be unable to go out and play... At least reviewing I could increase my wayfarer upgrades.... But now, I can't do this either..

• marcoduncan89-PGOmarcoduncan89-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello,

Since a couple of days ago ago, I can review only one or two requests, before I get the following message "no more reviews available".

If I wait for an hour, I can again review just one or two requests before facing this message once more. This issue continues in loop...

This is very strange and frustrating, since I reviewed hundreds of requests without any kind of problem, and as far as I can see this is an issue impacting a lot of wayfarer reviewers.

Could you please fix this flow as soon as possible, so that everyone can enjoy our help in developing portals in the game?

Thank you

• rafainred-PGOrafainred-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

The same here in Brazil! It's happening with lot of reviewers. Is it a bug???

• rafainred-PGOrafainred-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

The same here in Brazil! It's happening with lot of reviewers. Is it a bug???

• GoncaloCdM-INGGoncaloCdM-ING Posts: 44 ✭✭✭

THE EXACT SAME THING IS HAPPENING HERE.

It's happening almost everywhere. Portugal, Spain, and Brazil are just three of the countries where reviewers are not getting candidates to review, and the queued candidates are not being released for voting.

@NianticCasey-ING THIS IS URGENT. Please take a look.

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Flokitin-PGO @GoncaloCdM-ING What are your reviewer ratings, agreement count, and how much do you rate in a day?

Often newer reviewers in yellow or have only been green for a short while (or don't have many agreements racked up yet) have the number of reviews they can do throttled. So even if there are reviews in the queue, they won't show to newer reviewers if they've done a lot.

It's been this way since OPR, it took me months to get to a point where I wasn't being throttled with how much I reviewed.

• Starkgaryen888-INGStarkgaryen888-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭

A Wayfarer's Cycle...

Reviews a nomination.

No nomination to review.

Reviews a nomination.

No nomination to review.

Reviews a nomination.

No nomination to review.