Requested stop

I requested a local community centre as a stop but it's been denied. Needless to say I'm not impressed as it's more worthwhile than the majority of the stops I've reviewed to get an upgrade to get it through. Firstly why isn't there a way to get niantic to look at the mistake and fix it. Secondly why does it use an upgrade up when it's wrongly been denied. It's really annoying when I've seen pictures of cats accepted as stops and chalk drawings on someone's walls accepted yet a genuine stop has been denied. It would also help if you could contact niantic about it but if you message them through the game they only give you generic answers usually not related to the question.

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

first question: Because otherwise every trash will get appealed

second question: upgraded nominations only get reviewed faster, not better

additionally, if you want some feedback on your nominations, post photos of it here.

• Bowmer1993-PGOBowmer1993-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

All that's available from my request but I took another photo from further away. Still wrong on the second question as you should get it back to use again if niantic **** it up. Really annoying when you see stop after stop breaching rules yet decent stops get denied.

• Lechu1730-PGOLechu1730-PGO Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭

@Bowmer1993-PGO Niantic doesn't review nominations and the only appel available is to submit the nomination again. Also, if there's a stop with the picture of a cat or a chalk drawing in the game you can always report it as invalid or no longer existing.

On the topic of your nomination you can access them in the Wayfarer website. To properly evaluate your nomination we would need a complete capture of it. Nevertheless the picture you posted doesn't look very promising, as is a small plastic plaque that may not convince reviewers that is permanent.

• KetaSkooter-INGKetaSkooter-ING Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

You can look up your entire nomination through the wayfarer and post the pictures here for feedback. First glance it looks like a small private community center, maybe reviewers thought it could be a house?

It used to be a farm house which is why it's the Manor farm community centre. I put this information in my request so if the people who have reviewed it had read it then they should have passed it. Its already taken 8 months to get it reviewed.

Its a conservation area in a world heritage site so they do only put plaques like this up so as not to damage the original building. It's common in this area.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

I revewed this one and eventually gave it a "pass". However, it did take a fair bit of digging to get to the info and the fact that this "community Centre" appears to be provided as one of a series by a Housing Association / Housing Developer might suggest to some it's not a "real" community centre. The terrible, tiny sign provided does not help either, plus the fact it looks more like a PRP than one would expect for a "Community Centre".

I would try again, but you need to work on the description and supporting info so so reviewrs can see the pertinat facts quickly and don't have to spend ages doing heir own "due dilligence".

It's literally all there if you've read through

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Read what I wrote - I read it all through. I have also read a lot of made up stories on submissions when people try to claim this or that makes a Waypoint eligible. I did my own checks and agreed it should go through, but you obviously did not convince the majority of your reviewers.

The photo is poor, mainly because you only have a very small and not very convincing sign to go by. The building itself makes it look like a PRP. Perhaps you need to rework your descriotion and supporting info. If you want some help, post your ENTIRE nomination here - photo, description and supporting photo so we can all look at it. To borrow your comment regarding the advice, "it's literally all there if you have read through", and I'm one person who though your review should go through. Obviously, a lot of people didn't think so. If you want advice, read what people say - ticking "disagree" on my comments is not going to change things.