How do I climb out of the doghouse?

My rating recently went down to fair. I have been very careful, deliberate, and fair with my reviews. When I got the downgrade I did around 10-15 reviews a day for two weeks or so. No change to rating. How do I climb back out? My progress on the ingress gold badge is stalled at 2051 since none of my new reviews “count” for the badge any more (because of my fair rating)

Tagged:

Comments

• Hey @FreakyDeakey-ING! Here are a few tips to help you review more effectively and maintain your performance rating:

- Follow the criteria while reviewing nominations, we recommend keeping the eligible and ineligible criteria pages open in a different browser tab for easy access.

- Take your time and review each segment on its own merit. Read this article for tips on how to review each section: https://wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/help#reviewing-a-wayspot-nomination

- Avoid using third-party tools/plugins or depending on others to decide on how you vote on a nomination.

I hope these tips help you. Have a great weekend!

• Mormegil71-INGMormegil71-ING Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

One thing you possibly can do, is to set your bonus location to "virgin ground". There are plenty of such places around the world, most notably in many African nations. In such places, most often the very best nominations are made first (ie. churches, parishes, cathedrals, mosques, sport arenas and the like), which are easy agreements on the positive side. Trouble is that it takes several reviewers to agree upon a nomination, and there has to active players to nominate as well. If you want to find out such a place, there are a number of FB groups dedicated to helping out in this way, or you can yourself try to recruit other reviewers to whatever place you choose.

I did this for Abidjan in the Ivory coast, and it has made wonders for the rating since october. One place I think is close to having enough reviewers but still is virgin ground is Conacry in Guinea, where there are under 10 POI in a city of more than 1 million people. It might be a good place you can choose if you want to. Or you can do some research of your own and choose another place.

Note that you should still follow the guidelines, though.

I hope this will help you. Good luck!

• SheldonScD-PGOSheldonScD-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭

This is the only help you will get from Niantic , nothing that will actually help.Have the feeling that they don't a have clue what is this bug!

Me personally , went to Fair and staying there already 5 months.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

So apart from sticking to guidelines etc...

Try to do only 5 a day, but aim to complete ones that are clear cut. Either skip or go back to home and take a break.

So only very obvious rejects or accepts.

Even better if they are in an area with few waypoints.

These sort of reviews are more likely to be in agreement, and reach a conclusion quickly.

Worth a try and it might only take a week or so to head back in right direction.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

What ?

Current best guestimates to get from poor to great is approximately 200 review agreements

Using your advice to do 5 per day would mean it would take 40 days minimum to be back in great.

Thats assuming every single one is an agreement and not taking into consideration borderline cases which can take longer to meet consensus.

We have also been told previously not to keep skipping reviews as that can also have a definetly detrimental effect on your rating.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

Like many I went red last year.

After getting no proper guidance and having waited months getting nowhere this is what I did.

It took me about 1 week and I think it was less than 20 agreements.

Basically doing this meant that nearly all the nominations I was reviewing were coming back quickly as agreements. Over the months previously a very large portion were not being resolved so although reviewing there was little flow of agreements. I had been keeping a careful track of the numbers. A lot of people locally stopped doing reviews. If I hadn’t changed I don’t think I would have got out of red.

So doing this prioritises getting recent agreements, which I think is an important factor.

I used the skip facility, nothing wrong with that, and by doing a few you pretty much can manage.

Once back on solid ground I could return to normal.

• CopperChick-PGOCopperChick-PGO Posts: 272 ✭✭✭

I personally don't get how people can think they are doing everything right but be in the red. I have been reviewing for 1 year and 5 months now and I have been great/green the whole time after the first month. This is what I do:

Best nominations: playgrounds, rules signs at parks, name signs at parks, ramadas/gazebos/pergolas at parks and apartment complexes, murals that are not near a single family home, decorative fountains at commercial complexes/apartments/businesses, sports fields (baseball, basketball, volleyball, tennis are the best), dog parks with fences and signs (no a pet waste sign and grass does not equal a dog park), public permanent art (things that can't easily be moved so not things hung on the wall), large statues/sculptures that are permanent (not the statue outside that someone takes inside everyday or the balloons set up by car sale lots), map signs at parks, nature education signs (like a sign in a park/public area telling you about a plant or wildlife), higher education class buildings (not dorms) like at a university or college, name signs for higher education college/university campuses (like a sign that says Texas A&M for example), outdoor exercise circuit equipment in parks, buildings on historic registries that are not currently being used as K-12 schools or private homes.

Things I deny include: community entry signs (like the sign at an entrance to a huge housing development), "views", like someone nominating a picture of the park but not the signs, playgrounds, sports fields, etc., anything near the driveway or entrance/exit of a single family home, live plants (I get a lot of "very old tree" nominations), generic commercial complex signs, most businesses I deny, anything in a cemetery I deny (I think it is disrespectful to play a game in a cemetery - I don't care what it is I deny it), framed art on walls (unless large enough to take up almost a whole wall), things that look like someone may have just placed it there for the nomination picture, nominations at single family homes (I got a trophy in a closet submission once), anything with faces or license plates in the picture, anything that was obviously taken from inside a car (you can see the car door or mirror in submission), things with no "pedestrian" access (this does not mean you can't drive to it so hiking trails and things within apartment complexes count), maps within apartment complexes or business complexes, emergency services like hospitals, fire houses, police stations, community pools.

Confusing Nominations: There are many things in the game that would never get approved today. For example, I am nominating artistic tiles in an area park. There are likely 100 such tiles around a large lake. But many of the things in game already from these tiles are just words, like "Words on Tiles" got approved. I mean what the heck! It would never make it today but people see it so its confusing. Its also confusing why maps at parks or malls qualify, but they don't qualify at apartment complexes. I think of the maps in terms of public accessibility - you are not trespassing if looking at a map at a park or mall, but you may be at an apartment complex. Similarly community entry signs are in the game, but reviewers are a lot stricter now and community entry signs get denied unless they have a fountain at them or they are highly artistic. I have only approved a few community entry signs in my 1 year 5 months reviewing, but I likely see several every time I review. Fire hydrants can qualify if they are painted artistically, but I have gotten many yellow fire hydrants submitted (nope!).

I can't think of anything else right now, I hope that helps. I rarely approve any businesses because Niantic is a business and I know they want sponsors and they can't get sponsors if we are giving all these businesses free pokestops and gyms. I have approved a few if either the description or Google listing makes me feel like WOW I really need to try that independently owned business (I never approve a chain). I will however, approve art or fountains within any business if I definitely know that art/fountain is in the business. I look through the photos on the Google business listing and if I see what is beings submitted in the photos I approve it. If I don't see what is in the submissions on the Google listing photos I deny it.