Improvement suggestion for judging photos.

I hope this is the correct place to post this and of course not sure if this is going to the right people, but I would like to make a suggestion to improve the judging system.

I often get an option to select photos that don't meet the criteria.

However I see this as a problem, normally all photos are acceptable and meet the criteria and rarely is there one that doesn't.

I would like to suggest that the phrasing of this is changed to select the best suitable photo which represents the criteria given.

I think photos are mainly resubmitted for something more photogenic, and often I see a clear winner, I'd much prefer choosing the clear winner, rather than accepting all photos, which is what I'm told to do, if they meet the given criteria.

Thank you for listening.

Comments

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

New photos are mostly added to update the view of some POIs and add new photos to gallery, not to replace older photos with new ones.

In PoGo you might not see it now as it's only tested in some locations for now, but in Ingress when you visit portal you see all photos that are added to it (you have photo gallery on each POI), and you can vote on these photos - photo that has most votes from players will become main photo on this POI. Looks like PoGO will also have photo gallery available to see at each POI wordwide soon (now it's tested in some locations) - and with voting on these photos you will have a chance to choose main photo visible on POI too.

I know what you mean with your post, but we're asked to choose photos that don't met criteria to remove incorrect photos from POI gallery (blurry, dark, with recognizable people's face or from different POI), and all other photos that are good should remain in this POI gallery. Players that interact with this POI in they location will vote on photos and chose the best one, we don't have to do it ;)

• BeyondWorld-PGOBeyondWorld-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

Thanks for clearing that up for me, it makes more sense it would be something for ingress, as there is no gallery option in pokemon go.

I found it a bit odd reviewing photos that are exactly the same.

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad I could help :)

It looks like we will soon get our own photo gallery in PoGo too, so it will make much more sense :)

I know POIs that with gallery available in PoGo will finaly get better photo as main photo chosen, not every place have many Ingress players to vote on photos to change old ones, it will be gallery will be nice addition to PoGo :)

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Gallery in Pokemon is being rolled out, several countries already have it available.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

If it helps, think of it upside-down. They're really asking you to identify the photos that don't qualify. It's phrased more neutrally, though, and you see the existing photos as well as the new candidates so that you aren't biased.

• CopperChick-PGOCopperChick-PGO Posts: 272 ✭✭✭

I wish they would give you the option to say this shouldn't even be in the system! I just got one with a "scenic view" and the picture has a thumb in it and I was asked to say which picture was the best but only given one option. Well, it shouldn't be in the system anyway how did a "view" make it into the game??? No place to put that response I just said no photo matched the criteria.

• pkmnsearch2-PGOpkmnsearch2-PGO Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

how did a "view" make it into the game??? 

--- maybe it is a scenic viewpoint "anchored" to a plaque, so the submmiter decided to put as main photo the view and maybe in the support photo there was the plaque.

I crossed with similar submissions like that, which honestly, good for submmiters to do that. i am bit sick of plaques...