What is up with cool downs???

GodZillaz88-INGGodZillaz88-ING Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited March 2021 in Criteria Clarifications

I seriously wish there was some way to appeal these nonsense cooldowns

There is no way in heck that my votings were wrong

A generic park bench plaqued with a non famous person = no

A tennis court in a public park = yes

A duplicate vote (Bus Stop already in game, person tried to add "**** n ride" as a 2nd portal, even though using exact same picture for exact same bus stop)

Little Free Library = no (I personally hate these portals; the vast majority of them are ON private property but I know people keep voting them ingame which is a violation of what we are supposed to vote)

A Native Trading Outpost = yes (yeah I realize some could argue generic biz, but I disagree as it clearly is a unique shop, the nominator specifically mentioned the history and construction techniques of the unique building, plus it was artistic decorated so I agreed)

A title request (I forget exactly what but it was something like "John Smith Building" vs "John Smith Building Archway". I chose the shorter JS Building since it shows most of building and the arch was not interesting imo

Only other thing I had was a location edit request (obvious a Pokemon player is moving to wrong location to get extra pokestop in game, I moved back to original position)

And with less than 10 reviews a cool down

I also notice if you have mixed numbers it always seems to get mad at you

Its better to vote all 5* or all 1*

Voting 5* one category and 1* another category on same portal (even if VALID) will nearly always flag you for cooldowns

Comments

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know it's annoying, but the only thing that works for most people to avoid cooldowns is waiting at least 20-30 seconds before you go to another nomination.

You want to reject something? Wait at least 20 seconds before rejecting it. You want to accept something? Also wait 20 seconds before you go to the next nomination. The same is for all edits or photo to choose - choose correct location/title/photos and be sure you spend at least 20 seconds before you go to next thing to review.

It doesn't help everyone, but I and some people I know do it while reviewing and for now we didn't had any cooldowns so far.

I don't have any problems with voting patterns, there are times I must reject 10 nomination in a row (some fakes, things at school, watermarks, another fakes, someone's dog now, again a school, and after that finally something that is eligible), I just always spent at least 20 seconds before I go to next review, and I don't have any cooldowns.

• GodZillaz88-INGGodZillaz88-ING Posts: 27 ✭✭

Speed was never a factor in old days... if so its an annoyance (esp if the portal is an obvious yes / no)

But like I said I REALLY wish we had an appeal process

At the very least discuss exactly what is setting off "unusual voting behaviour"

You maybe right its a speed thing (since the warning mentions not to use pre-canned responses or macros)

But at end of day the Agreements are correct so I think so long as I stay in Excellent then let me do more votes lol

• Andrew0095-INGAndrew0095-ING Posts: 232 ✭✭✭

I used to type before anybody but the reviewers and Niantic could see my comments that I will only accept this if ... after giving a no. I take my time to move the marker or reject for whatever reason if needed. I have only had one or two cool downs. I have reviewed. I think I last received a cool down last summer with a why. Giving each a yes or no is not a good idea. That is not reviewing.

• BeyondWorld-PGOBeyondWorld-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

"A generic park bench plaqued with a non famous person = no"

I say yes to Memorial benches, they were valid submissions, then not allowed, but now are again. It's fair as well, because some parks are just empty green spaces. Anything to get a concentration of wayspots to open public parks is a good thing.

• RU001-INGRU001-ING Posts: 61 ✭✭

Yea cooldowns are extremely annoying & discourage voting

• 00Sterling-PGO00Sterling-PGO Posts: 20 ✭✭

I got a cool down after a string of obviously terrible nominations literally titled "My House", "My Subaru" and "Tree in front of my house". I guess I was supposed to give them more consideration.

• Babarushki-PGOBabarushki-PGO Posts: 195 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

“There is no way in heck that my votings were wrong.”

That’s not how it works.

Whether it’s time spent reviewing each nomination, reviewing the only nominations available to you given your time in rank and rating, or some other mystery Niantic reason, these and other reasons explain cooldowns, not necessarily your degree of consistency with other raters. [It takes a while to determine consistency, and this usually isn’t done after 10 reviews.]

• ArborAndyYT-PGOArborAndyYT-PGO Posts: 87 ✭✭

"We've detected anomalies in your voting behavior"

Did you just assume my preference, Niantic? Lol

• KetaSkooter-INGKetaSkooter-ING Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

It is your speed and could possibly be 4 or more 1* in a row. I was getting these too often so I try to make sure I take at least 20 seconds and if I get 3 1* in a row i'll vote 2* on the 4th or let it time out. It has nothing to do with voting 1* on any of the secondary categories.

No it literally is

I suspect the other posters comments about "taking time to review" is the most likely reason for the cool downs

I just hit another one today after a minimal number of nominations. Again most are obvious accepts or rejects; the only questionable one I got today was a tombstone - normally I reject these outright but it was a tombstone dedicated to a very famous person (I even googled his name and read his Wiki page to verify)

My rating is always great

My voting always lines up with community

I have tons of accepted (soon will have Platinum badge)

And get upgrades all the time

I am willing to bet money the thing that keep flagging me is voting too quickly

Nothing to do with accuracy

My issue with "generic park benches" is just there are too many of them if allowed

You can literally donate $20 to get a bench plaqued with your kids or parents names

• pkmnsearch2-PGOpkmnsearch2-PGO Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

Install wayfarer+ plugin. You will see your true % agreement. And that % is not correlated with the wayfarer rating. Some reviewers with 40%, have great rating.

Here are some tips to stop with cooldowns:

• Wait 30 seconds per review, always.
    • Don't give the same exact rating in ALL the review.

good luck

• BeyondWorld-PGOBeyondWorld-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

Yeah, I agree on that. Real memorial benches will have the name of the person and d.o.d.

• Kot797975-INGKot797975-ING Posts: 12 ✭✭

Today I've got the same 4 hours ban.

But... I'm not so stupid to think over 2 images, where one of them is empty, more than 2 seconds . :)