Community Garden Rejection Improvement

Hi all, I was pretty certain my nomination would be accepted, as I’ve seen plenty of similar POIs in-game, but this one was shot down pretty quickly and I’m wanting some feedback on how to improve, as I think it meets the criteria just fine!

The reasoning is as follows:

The real-world location of the nomination could not be confirmed to have an acceptable pedestrian pathway leading up to it, Nomination title or description is not relevant, Nomination appears to be a natural feature (waterfall, mountain, lake, etc.) that is not connected to a man-made object.

I do not understand these reasons at all. The location is in a residential courtyard where anyone can walk anywhere. The whole area of Westlake is traversable by sidewalk. How can I show this if Google Maps doesn’t seem to give a good idea of the exact location? How are the title/description irrelevant? How does this appear to be a natural feature when there is literally a man-made fish pond in-frame as well as a picnic table and benches? This is 100% a park and community garden and any feedback to better show this would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Misch60-PGOMisch60-PGO Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately for you, it's just a pond, which does not automatically qualify as a Waystop. Besides that, picnic tables and benches also don't qualify on their own. The combination of the two makes this nomination very difficult to get through. If there is some sign, or other element that is noteworthy, try that instead, to get a Waystop for this location.

If Google Maps doesn't show the object good enough itself, try adding a photosphere of the location, that might help for that problem.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ignore the majority of the rejection reasons, people often choose the wrong ones however mismatched location is valid.

Looking at the nomination, to begin with, its not a park, don't even try and claim that.

Whats the POI meant to be located on ? The pond ?the bench ? the third stone in from the left ?

I get that you're trying to submit the whole area as a POI but by not choosing one tangible thing to concentrate or anchor the wayspot to you've not given any definitive location so its easy to see why it would be rejected.

There is a reason that for parks you see entrance signs, gateways submitted to represent the park and not just a patch of grass or a path. Its one physical spot which people can go and identify the correct location.

For your submission it could be any garden under tree cover anywhere, no one can tell.

I searched the location, the only SV shows down the drive way into a square from King James Parkway and it looks vaguely like the picture, but I can't confirm it, at most I'd give that 3*, others may decide its not even worth that, and honestly I cant blame them.

Choose something physical to make the focus of the POI and try again. As it is, a picture of a garden landscape, it should never pass.

• YoureDan-PGOYoureDan-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Got it! This is very insightful and helpful, thank you! The HOA of my community does describe this as a park, but I can understand that it would not likely be considered a “true” park. I will certainly give the specifics some deeper thought.

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

This doesnt seem to be a community garden to me. Community gardens can be eligible they generally have a sign though for them

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too have been baffled by rejection reasons and finally decided that these are some cut and paste replies that go out based on which boxes were checked and take them with a grain of salt. But try to figure out what triggered it.

Reviewers do love signs or a significant feature in a garden/park to accept it. Without that, if there is some link you could provide in the supporting information to the "garden" or "park" or whatever it is called as an amenity of the community, it is more likely to go through than just as a pond with a bench.

The stacked stones might go through as a sculpture, but might get rejected as temporary. The picnic benches might go through as a "picnic area".

One issue the reviewers might have had with your nomination is that your second photo is so different from your first one. Your supporting photo should show your nomination but from further back. That could be what got the could not verify access reason you got in the email.

• aceariel2016-PGOaceariel2016-PGO Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

Yes i agree to you @cyndiepooh-ING and @YoureDan-PGO can you show screenshot of your submitted location in sattelite view as well so that we might help you more.

• 2Decline-ING2Decline-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭

What changes did you make to your nomination? And has it since been eligible?