Welcome to 2021: Wayfarer 3.4

Comments

• Blaumut-INGBlaumut-ING Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭

Please make edit available in the Wayfarer website for their follow up.

• pk4r-INGpk4r-ING Posts: 18 ✭✭

Wayfarerで位置情報編集、新規Wayspot申請、編集など使用条件を変更し、統一化してほしい

それと、Wayfarerの審査テストに合格したトレーナー/AGが使用できる条件に変えてほしい

なぜかというと適当に田舎だからポケストほしいとあり適当なスポットを出そうとする人がいてとても困る

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be great to see my edits on Wayfarer - but please do NOT automatically apply upgrades to them! Many of us save upgrades and then go out and nominate wayspots.

• BochumJules-PGOBochumJules-PGO Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭

☝🏻 I forgot one more important point !

14 Streetview:

Especially in places like Parks or forests, but also on streets, you can almost always not locate Submissons such as signs, Power boxes or sculptures. Yes, in the Test we learn to distribute 3☆ if we are not sure but the object can be there.

However, since the objects are valid POIs in themselves, counterfeiting occurs en Masse in these locations. The street view on Streets is also often not up-to-date. In order to guarantee the accuracy and whether the object really exists, there should be a street view / 360° photo obligation.

In addidtion, apart from the Streetview App, you don't need any Additional external Equipment. It may take a few Minutes longer, but in order to submit a good quality Submisson, this is a necessity. In addidtion, the faking of Wayspots is at least made more difficult / minimized.

Thanks for your attention.

@NianticAaron @NianticCasey-ING @NianticGiffard @NianticMac-ING ....

• jokeinsurance-PGOjokeinsurance-PGO Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

I would love to see the following:

1. A list of submitted edits (name, description, location, image) similar to submitted waypoints.
    2. The Wayfarer Review and Nomination pages be more mobile-friendly.
  • Ark4242-PGOArk4242-PGO Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

I've submitted 4 by just telling Google Photos to make a collage and then uploading that from my phone. You have to submit from Ingress though, since PoGo doesn't let you pick from your camera roll.

• TheZodiac007-PGOTheZodiac007-PGO Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

I wish it would let us upload a short video instead of a second support photo. We may not even need the first supporting photo with a short video

• Aeryle88-PGOAeryle88-PGO Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

I try to progress in ingress but it seems too long and this game is boring when there is no other ingress player in the same area. So it's not a solution for me.

• Aeryle88-PGOAeryle88-PGO Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

A short video could be a solution in some cases, but in other case, be able to add a second support image would be very usefull. For example for trail markers, with a second support image (uploadable from the wayfarer website) we could directly proove the trail marker is a real trail marker, by showing the entire trail on a map.

It's not the only situation where a second support image would be great. I recently submit QR code in forest, with grant acces to a digital information sign. With a second support image i would be able to directly show the digital information sign, instead of uploading it on a third party website and link it.

I wish they would come up with something to make life a little bit easier for those of us that are actually trying

• Ark4242-PGOArk4242-PGO Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

Well, there are apps for Android 10 and below that will let you select pictures from your phone instead of forcing you to take a new one. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on Android 11 any more because Google forces the default camera app now.

I had the same park, with the same text, rejected twice, and accepted on the 3rd try. It's a rooftop park, but this is Tokyo, so it shouldn't surprised people that much. I'm pretty sure the difference was the better collages I made on the 3rd try, since I had a photosphere on street view (since of course regular streetview doesn't show you the rooftop), and I didn't change anything else about my nomination...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/yEaBjA95pocC05LgHotiihJYnq0R-tilrbSt2o-tWD3T9zZZZRFtiZPoTZa21UAB2-48gdR8yk5aIMG1XAFhCmLrNFu578707pWKcW5X=s0

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/lrvi64wluSw0Zwe7IBDyZuPzMZ1jhUA3rv_g4VyW73y2UZSe4cqjzyoFy79YvLov8Av6_CRccUtEb2ToxO1Nr7Mva07I2VszsYbOcEk=s0

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/mrv-G4vh45B60zWmF7O2lD3Rqz8pGzFJUN9Aadfs11tmj3Xdzi4PSPD5RTSk6nL74GFXgfS5x0fu1Jt1D0UITHBaPXceW3S9IgUqK3es=s0

Another feature that I'd like to see:

• When someone is editing the name and/or description, giving a reasoning for the change should be directly included. That way, people won't have to manually put in "(don't choose this)" in the description section

I honestly don’t see them doing this though because then they would be basically just telling Niantic the same thing that they’re telling reviewers. There’s an option to report while reviewing edits. If you believe that they’re manipulating the system in any way you can report the edit to Niantic. The reason people write that in their edit is because reviewers can’t see street view the way that they can when they’re reviewing a nomination. It shows the map from above & we basically have to guess where the POI should be while reviewing. If it would show street view while reviewing edits it would be more helpful because then we would also have access to photosheres as well & people wouldn’t have to type (don’t choose this or moved to this location) because then they could see the POI from above instead of from

satellite view. Hope this helps

You are correct. If a street view and/or a photosphere are available, let us view it because it would make things a bit easier.

edited April 2021

Fingers crossed 🤞 we see this feature added soon. It really would be extremely helpful & I am very grateful of you @jokeinsurance-PGO for bringing it up. It’s ideas like that that change the entire platform & make it a better version of itself

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can drop pegman around the proposed locations to see the streetview / photospheres of each one.

edited April 2021

Never works for me. I wish it were backwards & showed photospheres & street view first if they’re available. It might be too much to ask though. I think it’s more of a Google problem & less of a Niantic problem. If Google would update their maps life would be so much easier

There is a street view app that you can download though so I guess that will have to do for meow 😸

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

If there are photospheres or streetview and you're doing a location edit review you should be able to interact with the map, and dropping pegman (the yellow man) is one of those features. Are you reviewing on mobile?

When you're reviewing location edits, there are at least two proposed locations, so where should start the streetview location?

"Jetzt live: Upload-Management für Pokémon GO - Wayfarer" https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/16543/now-live-upload-management-for-pokemon-go#latest

Great, this function is completely unnecessary and not if what WE need. I made ideas for improvements, such as more uploadable Additional Photos, adding links and other New functions in a Post a few posts above. In addidtion, this function is NOT available in Ingress Prime as described here, it relates to scanning. Why can't you adjust it like Ingress Prime, where you can conveniently submit a Submisson from the comfort of your home. This is a Real waste of resources.

edited April 2021

I’m using mobile. The Pegman feature has never worked for me. I knew that was what it was supposed to do but it’s never worked. While reviewing edits I tried to move it to areas where street view should have been present but it just doesn’t work which is strange. I’ve got an IPhone through Verizon. Regardless though it helped me learn & gain experience in street view from having to use it so much which helps a lot when helping to teach locals who are eager to learn the basics of how to submit perfect nominations. Street view is key because of how helpful photospheres are to the reviewer

• Upgrade the criteria with old AMA

- There is another important point. By merging the AMAs and the statement that all AMAs are not valid, many important points have disappeared and are no longer mentioned. Are they falling away now? Because of this lack of information, there are only arguments and ambiguities in the community. Some still include the old AMA, e.g. in relation to bridges. The others refuse in principle. There must be an increase in the criteria, older points must be included and mentioned. If there are too many different camps in evaluating, it will all be a gamble for a submisson to be approved.

• Change & adjustment of the rule for private use

- The fact is that in different countries there are different handling of the rule or better still for the law of private property. As is the case with you in the USA, the laws are not even remotely like here in Germany. You can't invent a rule for everything that is completely pointless and then has to be applied. That needs to change. Niantic MUST adapt the criteria specifically for each country. Of course, that's work, but that's what they're there to make it available to users.

- With all due respect, Niantic has to continue to develop and adapt here, because if you are given the opportunity, you want to take full advantage of it and not be slowed down remotely, by defaults which, as I have to say, have no meaning at all. One is clearly aware that the rules are about legitimation, honesty & above all security and that would and should continue to be given.

Has the timer when reviewing been removed? I don't see it anymore.

• cixerona-INGcixerona-ING Posts: 44 ✭✭

I was reviewing for a while but at no point have I recieved any nomination reviews that are in my area or even in the state I live in. I typically get a ton of nominations that are in various languages that I can't read or understand. At first I attempted to do the best I could but my rating just went down and it got to a point where I gave up. I want to help but I can't review things I can't understand and even ones from other states if Google maps are not current makes it harder since I'm not familiar with the area. If I attempt to research it myself I get a timed out for taking to long. Not sure if this is how it's supposed to be but ive never received s nomination review from anywhere near me in CT USA. With that being said I have several nominations that have been in "Voting" over a month. On top of that people I know personally are nominating way points that shouldn't gave been approved. 1 is on a Pediatrics dental office/daycare another is at a Pediatricians office at the front door no less. A bunch were added aways from the location to get them into a specific game which had they nominated them even close to the real world location they wouldn't have made it in.