Abusive edit

I apologize if this thread is in the wrong location.

I have recently come upon an Edit where submitter is trying to influence reviewers to move the Wayspot to an incorrect location.

Edit in question:

I've used official form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeXTFKKkhHmapgsLN7VuhKHkT7qWj9bJjH9I2UWPf2qwo20UQ/viewform

but to my surprise there is no option to include screenshots. How can I prove Edit was abusive without screenshots?

Also is there a section of this forum for things like this?

Comments

• AnaKNOXdown-INGAnaKNOXdown-ING Posts: 117 ✭✭✭

How is the OP still reviewing? Isn't OP banned from Wayfarer? (he openly admitted it!) He seems to be circumventing a well earned ban. How is he is still somehow reviewing portals if he's banned from Wayfarer? I urge niantic to look into this!

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/comment/50391/#Comment_50391

II think Niantic should pay attention to this. A person who openly admitted that he's banned is somehow still reviewing portals.

• LiionKingSimba-PGOLiionKingSimba-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

It is a common thing here in Italia. I have even seen a few in Germany (since my bonus is there). I don't see how it can be abusive. If it reveals personal information and insults an individual(s) I can understand but moving location a little bit here or there is ok.

Don't jump into conclusions quickly 🙂 Be happy!

• cleancarpa-INGcleancarpa-ING Posts: 11 ✭✭

According to what you sent, the player is not trying to influence anyone. People usually do this when they need a pokestop or a portal (cells) and/or when there are not enough people familiar with the area so it is OK. Also I understand it and it is fine however as @LiionKingSimba-PGO said, if you find any player insulting anyone in the portal description or title that should be reported, not the minor thing which you >>personally<< consider as an abuse.

• Draxado25-PGODraxado25-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

@LiionKingSimba-PGO @cleancarpa-ING Its not about "moving the location a little bit" or a "personal view" about what is abusive... Adding information for a location edit by using a description is considered abuse of the system and influencing the reviewer!

People usually do this, because it is the easiest way and the first option you would think of, if you know how edits are reviewed, but just because people usually do it, its not allowed.

It sucks that there is no way to inform the reviewer in the same process as submitting the location edit, but this it how it is. If there is doubt that the edit will be accepted, because of it not being visible on satellite view or something else, simply submit a photosphere for streetview. That is information enough and a more solid proof for a justified location edit than a text. Moreover most of those edit are like "please choose n/e/s/w location" which isn't really informative. Additionally moving wayspots just because someone wants a stop, because the other cell is already occupied, isn't allowed either (if it is moved away from its real location! if moving it to its real location and getting a stop because of it, its totally fine of course).

BUT even if the edit is justified and the description edit is informative, it is still considered as "influencing the reviewer" which is not allowed and should be reported via the official form as OP did (source: Nov 2019 AMA Q50 https://ingressama.com/ama/nov2019)

• Draxado25-PGODraxado25-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited April 2020

@Svizac28-ING

niantic can look at your review history (you have to fill in your email linked to the account you are reviewing with) and can identify this submission because you have to fill in the name of the wayspot and its location. so it should be easy for them to find the submission and they have to judge (not you) if the submission is in fact abusive in any way.

• AcnologiaDXD-PGOAcnologiaDXD-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

So many narrow minded people these days.... That's extremely sad 😢

• Svizac28-INGSvizac28-ING Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

@NianticKN-ING can you clarify please?

What is Niantic's official stance on edits like the one I posted above?

• fr34kz-INGfr34kz-ING Posts: 39 Ambassador

The problem here is if he use the edited description to actually abuse the map.

For example, there are groups that collaborate together and edited the description so they know where to move the portal despite the original location of the existing object.

I know a group like this that consist of 50-ish member with multiple accounts. I had portals move 8-20km away from their actual place because they put the edited description instruction on where to move it.

More over edited description meant for, guess what, an actual editing description to give more clarity of why the portal is unique. By editing it into instruction, despite it is to move it to correct location (10-20mtr away) is an abusive behavior in my opinion.

If it's wrong than edit them using the allocated feature, it is there for a reason.